Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2004 5:40:35 AM EDT
Remember reading about this in an old (SOF?) magazine.  It was about 4 inches long with 3 little holes in the top.  Seemed to work really well.  Are these still available?  Any info/links would be nice.

Thanx
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The Hyperdyne muzzle brake you read about is no longer made by AWC. It was redesigned at the "request" of ATF because the original design used an enclosed tube (except for the three little holes) with baffle-like insides. I have one in .223 and it seems as loud as any muzzle brake.

AWC now makes the Hyperdyne II:

Link Posted: 6/23/2004 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Although it doesn't look like much, the hyperdine is very effective. I've got one on my 300 Win Mag and the difference with/without it is real significant. Unlike more conventional brakes, it doesn't blow gas and noise out the sides to offend the guy next to you.

AWC: 623-780-1050

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Hyperdyne muzzle brake you read about is no longer made by AWC. It was redesigned at the "request" of ATF because the original design used an enclosed tube (except for the three little holes) with baffle-like insides. I have one in .223 and it seems as loud as any muzzle brake.

AWC now makes the Hyperdyne II:

www.awcsystech.com/img/photo006.jpg

My brother has an original hyperdyne on a 300 winmag landlord, and that gun's recoil is less than my vs rem 700 308.    Everytime i shoot that gun i get pretty jealous.    I wish we could buy those brakes all day long, i'd have them on each and every gun i shoot.   If you can buy one of the old ones i would jump on it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top