Author
Posted: 9/17/2003 3:48:57 PM
I was just watching a couple of videos that another user posted where he was bumpfiring an AR from the sholder and it got me thinking. He said that he didn't actually press the stock into the shoulder, supporting the whole rifle by the handgaurd with his off hand.

What if you took a telescoping stock and an extra section of buffer spring and put the spring inside of the bustock peice tube (between the back end of the buffer tube and the butt plate). Then elongate one of the holes where the pin locks the stock into position to allow the stock to move in and out about 1/4"

The idea is to make the stock compress around 1/4" on recoil and then the spring would extend it back out reseting the trigger.

I know this will serve no real practical purpose, but do you guys think it would help maintain better control and make it easier to bumpfire from the shoulder? Aside from the AWB issues regaurding the "collapsible" stock would this be legal if it worked? It still would only fire one shot per trigger pull.
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/17/2003 3:57:47 PM
Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it. I just started bump firing and so far so good. I haven't mastered it from the shoulder yet...that is my goal. My best bump firing guns: Professional Ordnance P97S...unbelievalbe. AR15 9mm...also very good.
hound
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/17/2003 4:15:20 PM
You would be "manufacturing a device"? Do you really want to risk 10 years federal time if the wrong person at Batfe gets wind of it? The hellfire and other guys had a shitload of work to do to get Batfe letters of approval. This is not an area where common sense is king.
Which part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing you?
storminnorman
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/17/2003 4:23:30 PM
Do any of the "Hell fire" devices work at all?I've heard they were shit,what about the Tac-Trigger?(newest one)???
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/17/2003 4:24:15 PM
I would think you could say it was to dampen recoil.
Troy
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/17/2003 6:12:48 PM
Originally Posted By storminnorman: Do any of the "Hell fire" devices work at all?I've heard they were shit,what about the Tac-Trigger?(newest one)???
All of these devices are nothing more than "bump-fire assistors" that really are more likely to get in your way then to help you bump-fire. All you need is practice, and bumpfiring without them is easy. -Troy
Ammo FAQ: www.ammo-oracle.com (Old) Mag FAQ: magfaq.tripod.com [b]Barrel? Go CHROME or go home.[/b]
jeff_d
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 12:44:36 PM
[Last Edit: 9/18/2003 12:45:31 PM by jeff_d]
Here are the links to the videos: [URL]http://www.crinamex.com/ar9mm2.wmv[/URL] [URL]http://www.crinamex.com/bumpmc.wmv[/URL]
Bearbait1
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 12:59:31 PM
I have a couple of questions for those of you who might have answers. First, I have the JARD single stage trigger in my XM. It is possible to make this trigger bump fire? I have only tried it once, with zero success. Second, is it possible to do this with the Ceiner 22lr conversion, or do you need the full 223 recoil? Thanks for your help, Craig
ATLGA
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 1:23:38 PM
You must have full recoil, its almost not enough. Ak rounds are perfect
Even though I forget sometimes, Ive been saved.
TheRedGoat
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 1:54:23 PM
Originally Posted By ATLGA: You must have full recoil, its almost not enough. Ak rounds are perfect
You don't really need 'full recoil.' Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks. You need 'sufficient' recoil. Tough balance. FWIW, Troy is correct (for once, you know [;)] ) that a little practice is better than any device. A couple thousand rounds of bump firing will allow you to impress the audience, so to speak. TRG
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. [i]Benjamin Franklin[/i]
hound
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:35:48 PM
Yes sensei
Which part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing you?
Lockedon
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:37:14 PM
Originally Posted By jeff_d: Here are the links to the videos: [URL]http://www.crinamex.com/ar9mm2.wmv[/URL] [URL]http://www.crinamex.com/bumpmc.wmv[/URL]
WHOA, I didn't know you could bump-fire from the shoulder?!?!?!? Someone please enlighten me on the mechanics of this! Btw, I've only tried bump-firing my AK so far...WAAAAAAY cool....
"the things you own will end up owning you." -Tyler Durden
Klinger_04
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:55:09 PM
Originally Posted By TheRedGoat: Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks. TRG
man, i can't do it with my AK brake [:(] have yall ever done it w/an Ar that had an AK brake??? i probably just need more practice huh??
"Of course we're sure!! We're the Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, and Firearms; its our job to know what these religous fanatics do!" -ATF agent
Glock31
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:59:15 PM
Originally Posted By Klinger_04:
Originally Posted By TheRedGoat: Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks. TRG
man, i can't do it with my AK brake [:(] have yall ever done it w/an Ar that had an AK brake??? i probably just need more practice huh??
I can't do it with the stock Colt brake either so don't feel bad.
"Get yourself a Glock, lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol" Tommy Lee Jones-U.S. Marshals
VA-gunnut
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 3:29:58 PM
Originally Posted By Klinger_04:
You just need to practice more. Actually I can bump my Bushy AK Shorty better then my other AR's.
[b][size=6][center]THE BLACK RIFLE DAY[/center][/size=6][/b] Visit: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=176194
Sukebe
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 3:40:32 PM
My M14S is very easy to bump fire and usually draws an audience. I've been practicing bumping it from the shoulder. By flipping up the butt plate and using it to support some of the weight without holding the rifle into my shoulder, I've achieved some doubles and triples, it's only a matter of a little practice before I'm dumping full mags from the shoulder.
[b]1*[/b]
Ridge
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/18/2003 4:32:10 PM
When I need suppressive fire I'll call on you guys! [:D]
DougS
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/19/2003 7:22:24 AM
I pulled my brand new RRA M4 out of the box and filled the 10 round mag. I told my buddy about bump firing and he laughed. I stuck it to my hip and hooked a beltloop and dumped the 10 rounds in about .5 seconds. I think the 2 stage trigger helps out here. My friends Bushy won't do it. It is way cool. It works every time.
TacticalConcepts
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/19/2003 8:07:49 AM
Ok Guys, I have been around the shooting game for a while and this is new terminology to me. Bump firing? is that letting the forward and backward (recoil) movement of the gun causing the trigger to cycle? What is the trick to this fun? (everyone has a trick) Ruff
Wipeout
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/19/2003 8:12:54 AM
For you guys with vertical handgrips on your rails and such. Have you tried to bump using the vertical handgrip? I would think that would make it a lot easier. P.S. I've been trying to bump my AR but only my AK works for it right now. I will have to practice more [:D]
"A firearm is like a fine woman. You take care of it and it will take care of you. You don't take care of it and it can be a real Bitch."