Site Notices
4/15/2014 2:52:24 PM
4/15/2014 11:16:20 AM
Author
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:00:18 AM
[Last Edit: 10/29/2012 12:30:52 AM by TheTargetMan]
A TTM ORIGINAL! This is for the “Do-It-Yourselfer” who has access to a welder! Make your own dueling tree at a fraction of the cost compared to purchasing one from a manufacturer! Constructed from 3/8″ AR500, these paddles can take some severe abuse! Shoot with any pistol/magnum round from any safe distance! Shoot with high-caliber (lead only) center-fire weapon traveling 3200 FPS or less from 100 yards. We have sold tons of these kits and everyone loves how easy this tree is to build!

Kit comes with 6 paddles (5″ diameter) and 6 pivot tubes. You can get the optional 8 paddle / 8 pivot tube kit as well for an additional cost. After you buy my kit, all you need to do is supply the angle iron and base material.

Recommendations: When building your tree, we recommend purchasing 1.5″ angle iron in .25 thickness. The height of the tree is up to you. Also, when welding the angle iron to the base, always have the top of the angle iron leaned toward the shooter, with the “V” facing the shooter as well (to protect the pivot tube). This way gravity will keep the targets to either the left or right position and you won’t have to worry about them getting stuck.

I hope you guys see the value in this kit. Save substantial coin by making a nice tree all by yourself!

Thanks for looking!

-TTM

$110 for a 6-target kit
$150 for a 8-target kit

High Quality AR500 Shooting Targets and Body Armor.

www.TheTargetMan.com
TheTargetMan
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2012 8:32:11 PM
[Last Edit: 10/30/2012 8:32:52 PM by TheTargetMan]
Another customer and his DIY dueling tree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eu4drRLKQVo

www.TheTargetMan.com
Bizill
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2012 1:20:00 AM
I'm sooo tired from being up late last night. But you know I had to come in and check things out here. I have to say that I may be game after watching the short vid. I have access to all the angle in the world at the company I work for and if I toss one of our welders a cookie, they'll make quick work of the welding as well.

I have that friend that was going to help with the coated armor test I told you about that loves to "duke it out" with me when it comes to pistols. A dueling tree will enable us to have bragging rights and have fun getting there. When I had contemplated making my own awhile back, I was dreaming up a concoction that was nowhere near as simple as the setup you have here. So there I go again, over-thinking and over-complicating things, procrastinating and coming out empty-handed. For some reason I was dreaming of springs and magnets when all I ever needed was some angle, welded on an angle and let gravity do its thing.

I hope people take advantage of this package you have here. Obviously you wouldn't be able to ship long pieces of angle so it's nice to see a DIY'er could go at this on his/her own. If a person has access to a welder, even a cheap Harbor Freight one, it wouldn't matter if the welds looked like crap because they would be hidden.
Slayfan21
Stage 1 Brass Rat
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:19:25 PM
Just bought one of the 1/2 scale IPSC from the sale, after I get it and save up a few bucks I will have to build one of these!
telephoneman
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2012 3:21:01 PM
I just ordered one of these kits this morning!! I'm really looking forward to shooting this
SpoonFed556
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/9/2013 11:32:21 PM
Can these targets be shot with FMJ .45 rounds? If so, what is your considered safe distance?
TheTargetMan
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:15:11 AM
All day long. Figure 10 yards or more for pistol rounds.

Thanks,

TTM

www.TheTargetMan.com
Facebook.com/The Target Man, LLC
SpoonFed556
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:30:11 PM
Hate to ask another question but if I read the original post correctly it will not withstand m193 (fmj).....is that correct or can it withstand the pain?