Author
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:11:03 PM EST
I saw that Mako sells magazines for the Tanfoglio 95/Jericho pistols.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ejcm16p.htm

Can someone who has experience with these say whether they will work in a CZ-75? I have a CZ-75 P01, and a SAR Arms B6P (a CZ-75 clone). They use the same magazines. Do these e-lander mags work with the CZ? They look very similar to CZ mags (I use Mec-gar, and factory CZ), and the Tanfoglio is a clone of a CZ75.
Also, my guns by default use 13-14 rd mags. Are the 16 round ones physically much longer than the 13 round magazines Mako sells?

Thanks!
MakoDefense
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2013 7:02:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2013 7:03:06 PM EST by MakoDefense]
The 16 rd mag will work in a full-size CZ-75B or any that take the same mags - just checked this with CZ-USA.

The 13 rd mag is too short from the mag catch to top - it will lock in fine but does not lock the slide back when empty. I did not try feeding as I considered it an imperfect fit and stopped at that point.

ETA: 16 rounders are noticeably longer than 13 rounders.
Israeli Special Forces Training www.MakoDefense.com • Combat-Proven Weapons Accessories and Holsters www.themakogroup.com
doubs43
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:41:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2013 8:42:58 AM EST by doubs43]
Originally Posted By MakoDefense: The 16 rd mag will work in a full-size CZ-75B or any that take the same mags - just checked this with CZ-USA.[div]

That's good to know. I have a second series CZ-75 (highly polished commercial blue finish) that I bought in England in 1985 and a more recently purchased CZ-75B. GREAT pistols IMO.
GrumpyBear
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2013 12:36:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/26/2013 1:38:33 PM EST by GrumpyBear]
Originally Posted By MakoDefense:
The 16 rd mag will work in a full-size CZ-75B or any that take the same mags - just checked this with CZ-USA.

The 13 rd mag is too short from the mag catch to top - it will lock in fine but does not lock the slide back when empty. I did not try feeding as I considered it an imperfect fit and stopped at that point.

Good to know,just orderd (4) for my son.

Will they work in a Pre-Ban CZ75 ? They originally came with a 15 round magazine.
Μολὼν λαβέ Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
alamogeorge
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/1/2013 11:17:53 AM EST
I'm new to the frame. I've got a Sar B6P. Did we decide that these mags do fit the Sar? Also, why does the ad say CZ95 but not CZ75?
MakoDefense
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2013 6:18:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By GrumpyBear:

Will they work in a Pre-Ban CZ75 ? They originally came with a 15 round magazine.
Not sure, exactly - This is why we are not advertising them for the CZ-75, I am not sure of all of the possible compatibility issues.

Israeli Special Forces Training www.MakoDefense.com • Combat-Proven Weapons Accessories and Holsters www.themakogroup.com
GrumpyBear
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:05:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By GrumpyBear:

Not sure, exactly - This is why we are not advertising them for the CZ-75, I am not sure of all of the possible compatibility issues.

Thanks for the answer. Understand how busy you are.
Μολὼν λαβέ Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
alamogeorge
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:19:35 AM EST
Will a CZ P-07 16rd magazine fit in the Sar B6P?
MakoDefense
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:26:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2013 10:27:07 AM EST by MakoDefense]
Originally Posted By alamogeorge:
Will a CZ P-07 16rd magazine fit in the Sar B6P?

I don't know - I just put a SAR B6P on backorder so I can find out. Don't know how long the backorder will be.

Looks like our Jericho 16 rounders fit the Tanfoglio Force 99 SAPI pistols - I bought one of those pistols to test the mags.
bugonawindshield
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:37:14 PM EST
B6P compact: 13-round STEEL floorplate mags work, would probably be better with the plastic (thinner than stock but probably still use it as a finger-rest)
B6P fullsize: 16-round PLASTIC floorplate mags work, metal should too
K2P compact: 16-round PLASTIC works, metal should too
ST-10: 16-round PLASTIC does not lock in, the mag catch is higher - K2P and B6P mags don't lock in either

Ordered 2/27, arrived 3/29. There is a cutout on the E-lander mag body on the top left front which hangs up sometimes; either ride the release with your thumb on insertion, or give it a firm smack - SAR mags do not have that cutout. Empty mags eject like they're greased. Springs are pretty stout but I always use an upLULA.

My only kinda-complaint is I ordered steel floorplates on both sizes but got 16-rounders with plastic. Same price, so.....I might switch them around.
MakoDefense
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/1/2013 8:43:12 AM EST
Oh, sorry, let me know if you ned to switch the mags.

Thanks for this info, it is very helpful.
bugonawindshield
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:11:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/3/2013 11:13:14 PM EST by bugonawindshield]
It's not worth worrying about (or shipping back and forth) since they fit/function fine and look close-enough to factory, if the factory made plastic-floorplate 16 round mags, which they don't . I'm good with it.

eta: I meant I might switch floorplates around on my mags, not return them for the ordered ones.
OiRogers
You will have to speak up, I'm naked.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2013 5:24:51 PM EST
hey Mako... Rather than start a new thread, figured I would add to this one.

Any idea if your 16rd mags will fit / function in an SAR B6 (steel frame, not polymer CZ-75 clone)?
Just got one as part of a trade and never had a Cz-75 or clone before.
Make your mark, because in the end it's all that remains. - Templars
It's better to be dead than f@&king red - Combat 84
MakoDefense
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2013 5:47:29 PM EST
Not sure - I guess I need to get ahold of one to test. I had one on backorder at one point, but it seems the distributor dropped the order.
Buffman_LT1
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/11/2013 5:48:02 PM EST
I received a pair of these for our Baby Eagle. They do hold 17 rounds fully loaded, and will load on a closed slide. Not sure if over compressing the spring or not, but even the factory IWI BE mags will hold 17. Fit and finish is equal to OE mags. and they run good in the gun.
OiRogers
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/12/2013 12:49:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2013 3:21:54 AM EST by OiRogers]
Not sure - I guess I need to get ahold of one to test. I had one on backorder at one point, but it seems the distributor dropped the order.

Tell yah what... I'll go ahead and order one and report back.

The SAR B6 isn't even cataloged yet by EAA (the U.S. importer), they catalog the B6P though. It appears the B6 "Hawk" is the "Mega" model (Turkish domestic model name / Turk Police model) on the Sarsilmaz website.

Edit to add: Ordered one. Once it arrives, I shall put it through it's paces and let you know. If I order several more, it worked better than the MecGar I also ordered (via another source) to try.
Also orderd a Frontline holster via 7.62 Designs to give the gun a proper workout. It fits ok in a 1911 holster, but the trigger guard isn't 100% covered. Sizewise it appears to be a solid clone of the CZ-75B.
OiRogers
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/16/2013 11:11:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2013 12:22:32 PM EST by OiRogers]
Received today, haven't had a chance to range test yet, but looks very promising.
Fit fine, locks slide and drops free properly.
Hard to seat on closed slide with 17 loaded, requires a mild wack, but that is understandable... and I'm not gentle on my seating of mags anyhow.
All 17 test rounds (147gr Win Ranger JHP) cycled just fine by hand.
Mag fit is good, base plate is not the same shape and results in a less than 2mm gap at the bottom from between the frontstrap and the mag basepad... should be fine for me as my hand clears that by probably 8-9mm using my normal grip.

Hopefully will get some range time this weekend to test properly. Will add whatever notes I come up with.

Edit after range time: Function is good in the SAR B6.
OiRogers
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2013 12:21:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2013 12:22:43 PM EST by OiRogers]
additional fitment/function info:

They fit / function just fine in CZ75B. Canik L-120 and Canik Stingray-c... so they should function in Compact and P01 CZ's as well.
Ezikiel 23: 19-20 (NIV)
Industry » Mako