ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 70
Author
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:47:29 PM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2013 10:47:29 PM by dpmmn]
I saw some 30 round mags for sale yesterday. They are made in Israel and called E-Lander mags. Made of steel and supplied with anti-tilt, anti-jam followers, they are marketed by MAKO. Does anyone have experience with them and are they worth $16.61 each?
cardnation
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 8:07:13 PM
I like what I'm seeing, guess I'll add a few to the stable.
Boxer745
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:11:55 PM
Just got them a few days ago. I live in the country so I shot a couple of mags worth today. No issues. I like the white follower too! I got two dozen of them and also two 40 rounders which have not arrived yet!

Boxer745
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:13:22 PM
Originally Posted By mellow01:
that white follower......yuck?

I like it. When loaded the white is not visible to anyone to give away one's camo pattern. When you see the white you know you are empty! I think its a great idea.
Boxer745
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:14:16 PM
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:
Originally Posted By mellow01:
that white follower......yuck?

Especially after labor day.

I was thinking about buying some, they look nice, but being steel, they may be pretty heavy.

Hard to notice any real difference. Besides I use a sling.

AlaskaJohn
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:34:29 PM
Mako, E-LANDER Pistol Magazines for Jericho, Tanfoglio, CZ-95 Steel 9mm 13 round Magazine (polymer floorplate)

Does anyone know if these pistol magazines fit and function in the CZ75 P-01 or PCR?
IronMedic
Aude,Vide, Tace
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:39:26 PM
Just ordered 12....
Tennessee Squire - Thanks Al
A.A.S.R
Gun's don't kill people. The Government does. - Dale Gribble
scottydoesnt
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:47:29 PM
Originally Posted By AlaskaJohn:
Mako, E-LANDER Pistol Magazines for Jericho, Tanfoglio, CZ-95 Steel 9mm 13 round Magazine (polymer floorplate)

Does anyone know if these pistol magazines fit and function in the CZ75 P-01 or PCR?

I would LOVE to know if these would fit my P-01 !! Thanks for asking this question !
jdubya87
"Duke of 24/365 Fiefdom"
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 10:08:54 PM
Originally Posted By scottydoesnt:

I would LOVE to know if these would fit my P-01 !! Thanks for asking this question !

There's a thread in the industry section for mako defense. We're still not sure.

Dedicated CZ 75 mags are supposed to be incoming though, so that's a plus.
"Es mejor morir de pie que vivir arrodillado" José Martí

24/365 MOST HALAL BAREBACK HOMO AWARD

Award: 24/365's Most Fabulous Suspect.

Award: 24/365's Most Likely To Come From Behind
AlaskaJohn
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 10:20:30 PM
[Last Edit: 12/25/2012 10:21:28 PM by AlaskaJohn]
Originally Posted By jdubya87:

There's a thread in the industry section for mako defense. We're still not sure.

Dedicated CZ 75 mags are supposed to be incoming though, so that's a plus.

I've posted in that your thread also: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_400/228661_.html
This response from MakoDefense leads me to believe the mags may function in the CZ75 P-01.

Originally Posted By MakoDefense:
These magazines work in Jericho (Baby Eagle, Uzi Eagle, etc.) and Tanfoglios (Witness). They also work with the CZ-95, which is the CZ-75 Police. They will function fine in other CZ-75s, but not a perfect fit, and will not work in still other CZ-75s.

Basically, if you have a CZ-75 that can take a Jericho or Tanfoglio magazine, then they will work.

However, CZ-75 mags are just in final testing and should be available soon.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the CZ75 P-01 is the Police model. Just need confirmation before ordering.
scottydoesnt
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:05:26 PM
[Last Edit: 12/25/2012 11:07:13 PM by scottydoesnt]
*double post*
scottydoesnt
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:06:46 PM
[Last Edit: 12/25/2012 11:07:28 PM by scottydoesnt]
If I am not mistaken, I believe the CZ75 P-01 is the Police model. Just need confirmation before ordering.

The P-01 is not the police model. It is more the compact version of the SP-01 with the NSN. However, it will take all the same hi-cap mags, but obviously they stick out further than the grip. If Mako will send me one, I'd be more than happy to test it out

jdubya87
"Duke of 24/365 Fiefdom"
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:16:11 PM

The P-01 is not the police model. It is more the compact version of the SP-01 with the NSN. However, it will take all the same hi-cap mags, but obviously they stick out further than the grip. If Mako will send me one, I'd be more than happy to test it out
http://www.policemag.com/_Images/articles/arsenal-0803-2.jpg

Yeah, as far as I know, police indicates just the plain jane vanilla cz 75bd. Either that or the cz 75b. Decocker vs safety. Their bread and butter flagship model. Which, if it fits that model, then it would fit any model. This would beat mec gar and factory cz prices if ordered in bulk with the two discount codes for arfcom. If they work.
"Es mejor morir de pie que vivir arrodillado" José Martí

24/365 MOST HALAL BAREBACK HOMO AWARD

Award: 24/365's Most Fabulous Suspect.

Award: 24/365's Most Likely To Come From Behind
Tpadge
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:43:22 PM
The price for elander 30 rd mags is now over $18 and the arfcom code is around 5pct. Getting pricier by the day I guess. I saw some refer to the code as generous earlier. I wonder if the discount pct changed? So for 3 mags the ups shipping to the Midwest was 18 dollars... :(
bills2961
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:45:21 PM
free shipping, read some more.
FREEFALLE7
Grumpy Ranger
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/26/2012 12:04:29 AM
If you let me keep a mag or two you can mail them to me and I will disasemble them and mail them to you.

I will pay for shipping also if its under 34 mags

Let me know
Free

Originally Posted By x39crazy:
Hmmm, cash ready to spend but no dissambly option. Oh well, I really need to rebuild my old busted up gi mags.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms
Thomas Jefferson

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
- Thomas Jefferson
MakoDefense
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/26/2012 12:16:00 AM
Originally Posted By Tpadge:
The price for elander 30 rd mags is now over $18 and the arfcom code is around 5pct. Getting pricier by the day I guess. I saw some refer to the code as generous earlier. I wonder if the discount pct changed? So for 3 mags the ups shipping to the Midwest was 18 dollars... :(

Price for the mags has never changed. If you want cheaper shipping, use USPS - around $7 to $11 for three mags. USPS is the default shipping option. I don't understand why so many people choose UPS and then post or email complaints about the cost.
Israeli Special Forces Training www.MakoDefense.com • Combat-Proven Weapons Accessories and Holsters www.themakogroup.com
ComputerTech
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/26/2012 1:28:23 AM

Originally Posted By Tpadge:

Price for the mags has never changed. If you want cheaper shipping, use USPS - around $7 to $11 for three mags. USPS is the default shipping option. I don't understand why so many people choose UPS and then post or email complaints about the cost.

I think they are getting confused. When you first try and check shipping, it comes back with two options on the first dropdown, "more carriers" and "UPS." I think people are picking UPS since they think that more carriers doesn't do anything.
Two-dogs
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/26/2012 2:07:53 AM
Is the base plate removable with those reinforced ribs near the base?
Tango-22
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:18:47 AM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2013 3:21:29 AM by Tango-22]
Originally Posted By Heltsley:
Originally Posted By mvician:
Originally Posted By bills2961:
as people get their mags they can post and if he was the only one then it will show in the end.

I've counted 3 or 4 other people saying their mags hard to seat in this thread, and each time it has been overlooked.

But was that not with 30 or 31 rounds in a new mag?

What you are doing is not the same.

I purchased 140 of the E Lander mags in order to make an educated decision.

To me that was a large enough sample size.

I don't even buy guns in sample sizes of one to form an opinion, and then post them as though I was an expert. In the end of the day I still do get paid for my oppinion and you my friend don't count....

Wow. "I get paid for my opinion and you my friend don't count". That's some na na na boo boo type shit there. Did you stick your tongue out after you said that?

lxt123
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:28:36 AM
Ordered ten mags, got them after some waiting, tested all 10 on empty on a Windham Weaponry (former Bushmaster) and here is the result.
With the upper removed and inserted only in the lower, no problem at all with sitting the mag. It slides, not as smooth as the
pmag or the 10rd aluminum that came from the factory with the rifle.
With the upper upper installed, needs to be slammed to be seated, just by pressing them in, won't do it, needs to be slammed.
After 3 - 5 insertions I got scratches on the upper corners on the smaller sides and at the notch.

Not very happy with them but not trash either, I'll keep them until I'll replace them with some better ones that won't rust at the scratches.

Regarding Mako, they're a business that are taking advantage of the actual situation. Kudos to them that they're not raising the prices,
but they're doing what every smart business will do, keep decent prices and provide as much products until the market gets normal.
I'm not happy with the fact that they're charging my CC when I place the order and not when it is shipped, but I don't have any other choice...yet.
As a vendor and sometime manufacturer, I would have tried to get as many details about the problem/problems in order to correct them,
not to get back at the original poster the way he did.
It seems that MakoDefense, when encountered a problem with a magazine, went on the Lancers forum and he did not contacted first the manufacturer.

emopunker2004
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:37:25 AM
Originally Posted By lxt123:
Ordered ten mags, got them after some waiting, tested all 10 on empty on a Windham Weaponry (former Bushmaster) and here is the result.
With the upper removed and inserted only in the lower, no problem at all with sitting the mag. It slides, not as smooth as the
With the upper upper installed, needs to be slammed to be seated, just by pressing them in, won't do it, needs to be slammed.
After 3 - 5 insertions I got scratches on the upper corners on the smaller sides and at the notch.

Not very happy with them but not trash either, I'll keep them until I'll replace them with some better ones that won't rust at the scratches.

Regarding Mako, they're a business that are taking advantage of the actual situation. Kudos to them that they're not raising the prices,
but they're doing what every smart business will do, keep decent prices and provide as much products until the market gets normal.
I'm not happy with the fact that they're charging my CC when I place the order and not when it is shipped, but I don't have any other choice...yet.
As a vendor and sometime manufacturer, I would have tried to get as many details about the problem/problems in order to correct them,
It seems that MakoDefense, when encountered a problem with a magazine, went on the Lancers forum and he did not contacted first the manufacturer.

Post Count/Join Date
And the bolded part, english please?
ishoot2live
Stay in a Round Room You'll Never get Cornered
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:42:03 AM
Originally Posted By emopunker2004:

Post Count/Join Date

+1

Yea.

WTF?

"Domari Nolo" III
InfiniteGrim
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:45:33 AM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2013 3:46:02 AM by InfiniteGrim]
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Originally Posted By emopunker2004:

Post Count/Join Date

+1

Yea.

WTF?

Yeah look at this HORRIBLE post Mako posted in the Lancer forum....

One of the SWAT officers in a recent Active Shooter course and later Counter-Terror Carbine course ran Lancer L5 AWM mags. I have run the L5s quite a bit, but don't have any AWM mags yet. Looked good, ran flawlessly, and everyone was impressed. I'll have to pick some up.

I like the steel feed lips.

MakoDefense
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:21:43 AM
Have been up since Monday morning (Wed morning now) and traveling, too, so can't really answer more questions at this point. I will get some sleep, and then answer emails, posts, and PMs that I have not answered yet as quickly as possible.

Some of you with pressing issues (order changes, etc.) I have forwarded your requests or info even though I may not have responded to you yet.
Israeli Special Forces Training www.MakoDefense.com • Combat-Proven Weapons Accessories and Holsters www.themakogroup.com
Gator57
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:58:53 AM
Originally Posted By Heltsley:
Originally Posted By jh1990:
Originally Posted By mvician:
I stand by what I said, I'm not here to make friends and if you want to treat me as a "retard" to be put on your "ignore list", it really doesn't matter to me.

Yeah. That is bashing.... lol

I agree, that is bashing......

Yep, bashing...but at least the "pleasant" attitude is consistent.
I haven't ordered any of these mags yet, because I have several back orders pending elsewhere, but I'm looking forward to getting some and trying them out.
I really like what I have seen so far, (steel, original design, reinforced tabs for the floor plate, etc.), but I will definitely order more than one to test.
In my honest opinion, these mags would be perfect if they were parkerized.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 70
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
Industry » Mako