Author
Posted: 12/24/2013 3:23:08 AM
I've been running my SF X300 Ultra at the 3 o'clock position but I'd like it closer in to the barrel/rail at either the 1 o'clock or 5 o'clock position.

I've seen that the Haley Strategic Thorntail mounts have been really popular as of late and at $50 it's not a bad deal.

I looked at the Knights Armament offset rail mount which appears to be out of stock everywhere at the moment but at $120 I'm not sure I'd even consider it. However, it would match my KAC SR-15 really well.

I also ran across the Gear Sector mount which is comparable in price to the Thorntail and seems to have the cleanest layout, but I have no experience with their stuff so I'm a little hesitant to buy one because of it.

Any experience here with any of these? Is one of better quality or does one of them lock up better or sit closer to the rail than the others?

Thanks in advance for any and all help/input.
jBoy723
NFA Stamp Collector..
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/27/2013 10:47:40 AM
I haven't tried the Haley mounts yet but, I've been really happy with my Gear Sector mounts I have for my SF Scouts. Jason has some of the best service I've ever experienced by far.

Freedom is not Free..

The 2nd Amendment is a RIGHT, not a Privilege...
hjmpanzr
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/28/2013 11:35:18 AM
Gear sector for x300, especially if it's going on an SR-15.

The KAC mount puts the x300 a bit too high at the one o'clock position for my taste, but it's probably perfect for an SR-25.

As noted above, Jason's (gear sector) customer service is top notch (to be clear that's his post order communication). I've never had any problems with any of my 3 gear sector mounts.
TejasSD
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/28/2013 1:10:02 PM
Gear Sector it is then! Thanks for all of the replies.