Site Notices
4/15/2014 2:52:24 PM
4/15/2014 11:16:20 AM
Author
Posted: 11/7/2012 9:11:01 PM
As the title says, I recently bought a stripped Omni Lower. Inside the box it came with a piece of paper that stated to not to use a commercial buffer tube, stock, buffer or spring and only use a MIL SPEC buffer tube, buffer, spring, and stock.. My question is why? What does it matter with these polymer lowers? I have assembled it completely and even test fitted a commercial stock setup i had laying around and noticed no issues with fitment on the lower with the commercial tube and parts.

thanks in advance for your replies.

JAD
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/8/2012 7:49:44 PM
I bought one and it did not come with that sheet. I haven't built it yet, so I am not sure what the significance is.
GamecockOperator
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/8/2012 8:17:29 PM
Originally Posted By JAD:
I bought one and it did not come with that sheet. I haven't built it yet, so I am not sure what the significance is.

i cross checked it with a mil spec setup i have here as well, both seemed to fit without issues and the same feel. I only want to know because i wanna use the commercial on it to get it out of my parts bin. lol
GamecockOperator
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2012 11:48:12 PM
Wow.. i guess they dont check this forum much... ;(
ATICSR_Christopher
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:44:22 PM
We do check, was waiting for a reply from our gunsmiths and manufacturing crew. Here's what they said:

The answer is that the female threads in the receiver are 1.183 “ which is the size of a mil-spec buffer tube, a commercial tube is 1.170” which if used would be to loose and only contact the
Top of the threads. If the gun is dropped or banged on the stock, the polymer thread tops can shear off and make the stock loose and possibly render the receiver inoperable.

you can always email us questions directly at customerservice@americantactical.us or service.room@americantactical.us for technical questions as well.

Thanks!
Christopher Marzahn - Import/Export Manager & Federal Compliance Officer- American Tactical Imports - chris@americantactical.us
GamecockOperator
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:00:02 PM
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:
We do check, was waiting for a reply from our gunsmiths and manufacturing crew. Here's what they said:

The answer is that the female threads in the receiver are 1.183 “ which is the size of a mil-spec buffer tube, a commercial tube is 1.170” which if used would be to loose and only contact the
Top of the threads. If the gun is dropped or banged on the stock, the polymer thread tops can shear off and make the stock loose and possibly render the receiver inoperable.

you can always email us questions directly at customerservice@americantactical.us or service.room@americantactical.us for technical questions as well.

Thanks!

Chris thanks so much. :)

that definately answers the questiosn, and explains why they feel just as good to the naked hand / arm when putting them in.