Site Notices
10/1/2014 2:19:24 PM
10/1/2014 10:30:17 AM
Author
Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!
Posted: 5/26/2013 12:20:16 PM
I'm curious as I've been hit twice on my Mastercard in little over a week and Brownells is the only common merchant between those two.

Last time I purchased from Midway, Brownells, DSG and Heavy buffers on a new card.

This time, Rainier, Brownells and JSE on the new card.

I scan the computer with Malwarebytes and Avast daily, I've also used other cards on the same computer and they haven't been hit. I find it hard to believe it's on my end, but 3 times in 2 months and this is really getting irritating.

NavyFCU FTW, they take care of me after crap like this
Seastate
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2013 12:34:42 PM
I did get hit for three charges earlier this year after a Brownells purchase. Will have to try to figure out the dates. I was not out anything either but $450 was charged to a PayPal account and Buy.com.
brakeman123
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2013 2:28:06 PM
Did either one of you use a Visa or MC or just PayPal?
nv_Dave
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2013 2:55:40 PM
MasterCard.

Brownells doesn't take Paypal. This last time some of the fraudulent charges were to Paypal, but did not originate from me. They used my credit card info on what I assume is a throw away account.

If Brownells took Paypal I honestly would look into using that. For all the shit people give Paypal, it's pretty easy to keep my Paypal account secure. I have to send a text to my phone to get a code to initiate any transactions with Paypal.
lvcipriani
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2013 4:20:51 PM
Originally Posted By nv_Dave:
MasterCard.

Brownells doesn't take Paypal. This last time some of the fraudulent charges were to Paypal, but did not originate from me. They used my credit card info on what I assume is a throw away account.

If Brownells took Paypal I honestly would look into using that. For all the shit people give Paypal, it's pretty easy to keep my Paypal account secure. I have to send a text to my phone to get a code to initiate any transactions with Paypal.

How does one configure that option?
Seastate
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2013 5:01:49 PM
I have an old Pay Pal I have not used in YEARS. The PayPal was linked to an Etsy account that sells purses but the owner of the site denies any knowledge of the incident. I have never used Etsy either.
nv_Dave
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/27/2013 1:17:17 AM
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:
MasterCard.

Profile->My Settings->Security Key

You then set up your phone to work as your security key.
lvcipriani
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2013 8:15:23 AM
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:
MasterCard.

Profile->My Settings->Security Key

You then set up your phone to work as your security key.

Thanks for that. My credit card issuer (now) sends me a text message every time my card is charged. At least now I will find out immediately if my card is used without my authorization.
jlatx
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2013 10:57:31 PM
I'm curious as I've been hit twice on my Mastercard in little over a week and Brownells is the only common merchant between those two.

Last time I purchased from Midway, Brownells, DSG and Heavy buffers on a new card.

This time, Rainier, Brownells and JSE on the new card.

I scan the computer with Malwarebytes and Avast daily, I've also used other cards on the same computer and they haven't been hit. I find it hard to believe it's on my end, but 3 times in 2 months and this is really getting irritating.

NavyFCU FTW, they take care of me after crap like this

My card has just been compromised after trying to place an order online that wouldn't go through.Three times since Saturday.Im calling the bank in the morning.
bosshoff
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/4/2013 10:43:47 PM
My Citibank Matercard was replaced three times in seven weeks an Brownells was in the mix.
spizike9
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/7/2013 12:25:08 AM
My visa was twice within a couple months but brownells was only in the mix once.
Boneyard
From the Peoples Republic of Kolorado
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/1/2013 4:06:46 PM
My MC was compromised last month. Three places I don't usually buy from were JoeBob, Rainer and DSArms. Brownell's wasn't in the mix.
Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Ricochet
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/19/2013 4:59:41 PM
Mine was 6 months ago and again was attempted two days ago. Only places I used the card recently was at was Brownells, Midway, Basspro and Rainier. 6 months before only at Brownells and Midway. Fortunately the credit card company catches fraud almost immediately. Makes you wonder......
HighSpeedSteel
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/19/2013 11:20:11 PM
[Last Edit: 9/19/2013 11:20:26 PM by HighSpeedSteel]
A LOT of people have had credit card problems with Rainier:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=127282

HighSpeedSteel

JCWIU
That's what she said
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/20/2013 9:38:33 PM
I used my Visa for an order two weeks ago, no problems. (crosses fingers & knocks on wood)
We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know.
dan_h
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2013 11:03:43 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By bosshoff:
My Citibank Matercard was replaced three times in seven weeks an Brownells was in the mix.

I Feel you pain! Thanks Brownells! :(