Site Notices
9/18/2014 11:03:27 AM
Author
Posted: 10/5/2013 11:49:53 AM
I received the two p-tac uppers that I purchased in sept. I will say that for the price they are a steal. They both appear to have been test fired, the packaging was nice. They are both T marked. One of the receivers had a small scratch, but other than that, I am really happy. I bought them for my kids and will be swapping BCG with .22 conversions to start with, so the 1/9 barrel works for me. I think that I have $465.00 in each rifle. Still need a rear sight though.
HankC
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2013 11:06:07 PM
Would it be cheaper if you just buy a .22 upper!
PAINT79
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2013 8:59:53 AM
Yes, you are correct. If I was looking for just a .22 rifle it would cheaper. But with this rifle. It can grow with them. The stock will adjust as they get bigger and
when then time comes, they can put the real bolt back in and have a real AR-15. Uppers can be changed to different calibers and barrel lengthens also. Plus, let's not forget the obvious, it looks cool.

The real reason for the post was really to get some info out about the P-tac stuff. I couldn't find and info on the complete uppers when I purchased them. I think they are worth the price. Maybe not something you would want to take into battle, but a cheap AR that you can throw in the truck and ride around on farm with. And a fun pinker.
TSALAGI
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/11/2013 10:48:36 PM
I just completed a budget build with the PTAC complete upper on a New Frontier lower and am completely satisfied. I have a lightweight AR that goes bang every time the trigger is pulled that I have $515 plus the FFL fee invested. Thank you PSA!