Site Notices
11/28/2014 6:01:52 AM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 7/30/2013 1:20:39 PM EST
So I see this on the site now and I have never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience? The pricing is great.
Vegace
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/30/2013 1:34:33 PM EST
Interested as well. I wonder if it's what they use as their "classic LPK" just without the PSA logo on the bag? Curious since it's a great price.
SCWolverine
Husband-Dad-South Carolinian
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 3:28:35 AM EST
In Memory of my buddy Captain Josh Byers-Fox 6, 2/3 ACR, KIA 7-23-03.

"We're gonna find out what happened, and I don't give a damn who's career is ruined." T Gowdy
CVO
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 3:39:36 AM EST
This reminds me of Happy Meals.
thegunslinger1
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 4:40:04 AM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Vegace:
Interested as well. I wonder if it's what they use as their "classic LPK" just without the PSA logo on the bag? Curious since it's a great price.

This is exactly what I was thinking too, I couldn't find anything on google about P-Tak, for $40.00 I'd say it was worth a try. Speciall since I need one of those Blackhawk stock sets, so bacially $72.00 for a cheap LBK
kaw7rider
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 8:08:51 AM EST
i wondered about this as well? how would it be different? maybe the trigger? hmmm....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BIGFUDGE
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 11:34:27 AM EST
Just ordered one for a pistol build or for spare parts so we will see
PalmettoStateArmory
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 11:57:37 AM EST
Practical Tactical AR Parts (P-TAC) is a brand new startup company focusing on the bare essentials of the AR parts world. Their motto “Everything you need and nothing else” sums up there product and company model. P-TAC produces a mid-level quality product so that the rock bottom prices can be passed on to the consumer. Recently, Palmetto State Armory proudly excepted the role as an exclusive dealer of P-TAC parts to include multiple product lines including lower parts and build kits, uppers, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles just to name a few. The quality of these products is still guaranteed, it’s just the frills that have been removed!
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Tolly
Gun Runner & Chaser of Pirates
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 12:08:42 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Practical Tactical AR Parts (P-TAC) is a brand new startup company focusing on the bare essentials of the AR parts world. Their motto “Everything you need and nothing else” sums up there product and company model. P-TAC produces a mid-level quality product so that the rock bottom prices can be passed on to the consumer. Recently, Palmetto State Armory proudly excepted the role as an exclusive dealer of P-TAC parts to include multiple product lines including lower parts and build kits, uppers, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles just to name a few. The quality of these products is still guaranteed, it’s just the frills that have been removed!

Are these "small parts" in their LPKs and LBKs USA made, or are they produced offshore?
" We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard, and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men, be free men, that your children may bless their father's name.”
wagonwheel1
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 12:10:26 PM EST
What is considered "frills" ?

What exactly makes their product mid-level ?
I strive to be the man my dog thinks I am.
midwestoffroad
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 12:27:40 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:

pbol53
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 5:53:50 PM EST

josho66
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/31/2013 6:08:05 PM EST

Wondering the same thing, what "frills" are there on an LPK? Versus the classic PSA LPK what "frills" wouldn't be included?
archer8030
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 2:43:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2013 2:45:49 AM EST by archer8030]
Thank God the "frills" have been removed! The last thing I need is more "frills" laying around the house and cluttering up my work bench. Lol!!

Clearly someone should've talked to someone else with more knowledge of the product before commenting.

We may not know what "frills" are and which "frills" are not used in P-Tac (another well thought out marketing marvel) products but at least we know we don't have to worry about dealing with any excess of "frills" with this product. LMAO!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Doppleganger871
Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese.
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:35:36 AM EST
In for the country of origin info.... So far everything I've gotten from PSA has been great. And they keep tempting me with throwing more stuff on sale. Dammit. And, they have some of the best shipping rates (outside of "free") that I've seen.
"I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders." - The Nuge
"I've seen freedom, smelled its sweet perfume. And then I had to drive back home." - Me
buckyn8
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:48:37 AM EST
I was searching for this all day yesterday. Finally just took the plunge and purchased 3 kits and 3 stock kits. I will probably replace the triggers on all 3 but not a bad price for a complete lower kit.
wagonwheel1
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 2:55:49 PM EST
Sounds like you're building a mid-level quality, no frills type of rifle.
archer8030
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 4:18:25 PM EST
Sounds like you're building a mid-level quality, no frills type of rifle.

LMAO!
midwestoffroad
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 8:39:59 PM EST
once built you can post pictures in the low tier rifle builds

I dont get that thread i seen every brand in there in there except vulcan blackthorne
Sheepdog44
IDGAF About Your Post Count
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:56:42 AM EST

"Golf is a willing waste of a perfectly good rifle range" - Lt.Col. Dave Grossman.
TBoneDetroit
Ramblin' on my mind ;)
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2013 5:17:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2013 1:57:44 PM EST by TBoneDetroit]
Okay, "frilly rifle" jokes and comments aside, it's been a few days since PSA posted on this (and we really do appreciate the explanation). But really, a bit more info is in order (at least that's the buzz from PSA Customers, both here and across the AR15.com board).

For the record, I've got two LPKs from PSA (recent) I'd like to know if they were PSA made or from this new supplier. I also have two PSA lowers built, complete with stock kits. So you could say I'm a bit of a fan.

The Country of origin question is a valid one which is the minimum that NEEDS to be answered, as some folks simply choose to buy Made In USA parts whenever possible, and that is their right. Disclosure of this fact is a requirement, not an option, if you wish to sell to those individuals. If it's not stated, the negative will be presumed and those parts overlooked.

As to the "mid quality", we either conjecture on our own, or we get specifics (frankly, a lot of companies are simply not going to get specific on their manufacturing processes, and I can't say as I blame them- top tier manufacturers of high quality generally will, as they generally show why their products are superior and therefore command higher prices).

I'd guess MIM parts at a minimum, but then again, even a number of parts in a high end LPK may be MIM for all I know (I don't). I do know when I spend $200 on a Geissele trigger, I hear about the manufacturing process (no MIM there). And I also know that MIM parts have come a long way, and are not necessarily sub quality or prone to breakage- though obviously parts machined from bar stock are superior, they are simply not needed in every case.

So, some detail on the different level of parts kits PSA is offering would certainly be nice. It would help those who buy from you to be informed consumers, and make intelligent purchase decisions for their needs, as opposed to simply guessing and buying ONLY based on price. Any info provided WILL be much appreciated!
T Bone (Detroit).
كافر

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
scarecrow87
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 6:12:31 AM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TBoneDetroit:
Okay, "frilly rifle" jokes and comments aside, it's been a few days since PSA posted on this (and we really do appreciate the explanation). But really, a bit more info is in order (at least that's the buzz from PSA Customers, both here and across the AR15.com board).

For the record, I've got two LPKs from PSA (recent) I'd like to know if they were PSA made or from this new supplier. I also have two PSA lowers built, complete with stock kits. So you could say I'm a bit of a fan.

The Country of origin question is a valid one which is the minimum that NEEDS to be answered, as some folks simply choose to buy Made In USA parts whenever possible, and that is their right. Disclosure of this fact is a requirement, not an option, if you wish to sell to those individuals. If it's not stated, the negative will be presumed and those parts overlooked.

As to the "mid quality", we either conjecture on our own, or we get specifics (frankly, a lot of companies are simply not going to get specific on their manufacturing processes, and I can't say as I blame them- top tier manufacturers of high quality generally will, as they generally show why their products are superior and therefore command higher prices).

I'd guess MIM parts at a minimum, but then again, even a number of parts in a high end LPK may be MIM for all I know (I don't). I do know when I spend $200 on a Geissele trigger, I hear about the manufacturing process (no MIM there). And I also know that MIM parts have come a long way, and are not necessarily sub quality or prone to breakage- though obviously parts machined from bar stock are superior, they are simply not needed in every case.

So, some detail on the different level of parts kits PSA is offering would certainly be nice. It would help those who buy from you to be informed consumers, and make intelligent purchase decisions for their needs, as opposed to simply guessing and buying ONLY based on price. Any info provided WILL be much appreciated!

Would like to know as well!
"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits."

- T. Jefferson
JRHZ28
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 6:39:02 AM EST

+1
chmodx
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 9:08:21 AM EST
I'm not really sure what could be "frills" when it comes to a LPK. I go to a shop and buy whatever specific part I need, like a bolt catch, at the lowest price, or the roll pins, etc. I'm not sure what a Tier 1 takedown pin is. All I know is, if PSA sells it for a good price, most of those components don't really have a failure rate to worry about.
wagonwheel1
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 12:28:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2013 1:37:03 PM EST by wagonwheel1]
While you may be correct, none the less PSA is the one who has stated these parts are "no frills and mid-level quality".

For $20 more you can buy "top shelf" parts.

While these LPK"s may in fact be fine, PSA has laid an egg in regards to advertising. I for one don't want to buy second rate parts for my rifles and save a whopping 20 bucks.
850SheepDog
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 1:19:04 PM EST
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

*accepted
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED