Site Notices
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
Author
Posted: 3/25/2012 3:54:25 PM EST
Anyone have this wrench? Looks to be pretty nice but I heard that a 1/2" torque wrench was a little loose in it.

Thinking that may be an exception though

Paul
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/25/2012 4:59:46 PM EST
Everyone seems to be sold out of armorer's wrenches right now––even the cheapo brands.

I ended up buying the USGI tool from Brownells. I already have a CAR stock wrench, so that wasn't a big deal.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
HitLines
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/25/2012 6:03:38 PM EST
I got one from PSA 2 weeks ago. It must have been one of the last few. Now I just need PSA to get the Delta Ring Assembly in stock!
reloader09
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 11:24:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/26/2012 4:19:56 PM EST by reloader09]
I received one a couple weeks ago as well and yes the 1/2 torque wrench fits pretty loose. Something that is not stated on their site is that the tool is made in china. Had I known that at the time I would have probably passed and waited to buy one that was american made. (If there is such a thing) Hope this helps.

Edit spelling error
LeonC
U gotta believe.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 12:46:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By reloader09:
I received one a couple weeks ago as well and yes the 1/2 torque wrench fits pretty loose. Something thaat is stated on their site is that the tool is made in china. Had I known that at the time I would have probably passed and waited to buy one that was american made. (If there is such a thing) Hope this helps.

I have the wrench as well.
1/2 torque wrench is loose fitting on mine as well.
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/26/2012 5:01:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By reloader09:
I received one a couple weeks ago as well and yes the 1/2 torque wrench fits pretty loose. Something that is not stated on their site is that the tool is made in china. Had I known that at the time I would have probably passed and waited to buy one that was american made. (If there is such a thing) Hope this helps.

Edit spelling error

I believe the Smith Enterprise model Brownells carries (when in stock) is USA made. The DPMS version may also be USA made, as well, but I've read both good and bad about it quality-wise.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
docjoc
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:16:13 AM EST
Pick up one from CTD last week for $19.95.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR710-1.html

Already used it to put on my ASAP plate for my sling
sseagle
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 2:01:19 PM EST
I got one from PSA two weeks ago.. haven't really monkeyed around with it too much yet, but the flashhider notch has a bit of extra material on it, its rough getting it onto the FH on my current upper, but I don't need to use it yet, and I could handle scratches :D
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:10:32 AM EST
I used the USGI-pattern tool from Brownell's yesterday to assemble my A2 clone's upper. Tightening the barrel nut was a breeze––the tool is 3/8" steel and the three pins are pretty stout. I also used it to install the flash hider. The 3/4" wrench was a bit oversize, which caused a bit of rounding on the wrench flats. I think I'll stick to using a crescent wrench for that.
STOP RESISTING!

midwestoffroad
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:48:24 PM EST
Use mine from PSA looks like it is a AIM SPORTS duplicate. ots of powder coat on the freefloat nubs other than that is is a decent wrench for now. my 1/2 sq wasnt overly loose.
budger
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:22:52 AM EST
The 1/2 sq on mine was far too loose to be practical for torquing. Other than that, it's really good, but I have to go out and buy another tool to finish the job correctly.

Not really complaining for $19.95, but it is a material fault if you're looking for one wrench to do it all.

You get what you pay for most of the time.
graywolf316
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:43:00 AM EST
I got one from amazon, AIM sports i think, its coated in a black rubberized texture. (snap-on torque wrench fit just fine, little bit of play, but nothing to be concerned over)

Ive used it a couple times now and it seems tough as nails. Was only $20. Didnt come with the new style castle wrench, but i had one anyways so it worke out.

That may be a good alternative if you must have it now, if not just wait until the PSA comes back in stock.