Site Notices
4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
Author
Posted: 2/29/2012 1:06:29 PM
Is.the do on it.suppose to be a crisp round dot? My bushnell trophy and mueller is nice round and crisp, but the strikefire more like a smudge even on the lowest setting. sunday ill be able to sight it in and shoot some rounds through it.
VortexOptics
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/29/2012 1:50:28 PM
If you could please call us at 800-426-0048 and ask for customer care, we would be happy to have a look at it for you.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2012 1:32:19 AM
I plan on going out sunday to shoot ny rufle and want to try out the strikefire first. So how is the dot suppose to look? Also the brightness of the dot is soso.. thanks.
VortexOptics
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2012 12:53:56 PM
The dot should be round but if it you are unsatisfied with some aspect of it, please call into customer care so we can help you.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2012 3:12:20 PM
Ok thanks. Ill call monday. The adjustments for elevation and windage are also backwards.
hogfan64
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:21:01 AM
I had the same problem with my Strikefire, so I sent it back and received another brand new one from Vortex, but it was the same. Turns out the problem was with my eyes, not the Strikefire and I have 20/20 vision and do not where glasses or contacts. When looking through it, focus on the target, not the dot. If you focus on the dot, it will be blurry, if you focus on the target, or shoot with both eyes open, the dot will be round. Google red dot not round problems, it is a very common problem, and 98% of the time, it is the shooters eyes that are the problem. There are others on this board who helped me when I had the same problem as you, and they know alot more than I do and can help steer you in the right direction. By the way, Vortex customer service is probably the best in the buisness, they will take care of issue you have.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/5/2012 2:23:10 PM
Im gonna wait and shoot more rounds with it. I want to see how it is on a bright day. The red doesnt look to bad on lower settings, but dunno if it will be bright enough. . The green tho no matter how hard i focus on the target its an upside down v. I have other red dots and they are a clear round dot. Other red dot i have that the dot looks like is this cheapo utg red dot on my airgun.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:07:23 PM
Well its a very sunny day today. Took it out. The red looks alot better in bright sunlight, but i have to have it cranked all the way up to make it visible. Green looks better too, but not as good as the red. Light colored targets such a white paper makes it very hard to see the dot. Black targets its fine. Makes tzrget acquisition slow. Co witnissing helps.
Findsman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:54:13 AM
Originally Posted By ausher1880:
Well its a very sunny day today. Took it out. The red looks alot better in bright sunlight, but i have to have it cranked all the way up to make it visible. Green looks better too, but not as good as the red. Light colored targets such a white paper makes it very hard to see the dot. Black targets its fine. Makes tzrget acquisition slow. Co witnissing helps.

Do you have the NV mode on? I've bumped that button a couple times and was frustrated until I figured out what I did. The dot on the strikefire is really pretty bright.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:41:15 PM
Nv wasnt on i checked.
SweetKnuckles
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/10/2012 3:16:42 PM
[Last Edit: 3/10/2012 3:19:12 PM by SweetKnuckles]
Red/Green is definitely less bright (and less efficient if battery life is any indicator) than the Bright Red Dot model.

I run my Bright Red model in the AZ sun @ level 1 - because it'll run 5000 hours that way, and the dot has less bloom and therefore is more 'precise' for lack of a better term - only rarely do I up the level.

Not making any excuses for the Strikefire...I love it.
Nothing can touch its runtime and durability in the price-point.
Primary Arms has equivalent durability, but a fraction of the runtime.
Have 2 that I've been running approaching 3 years, and recommend them to anyone not wanting to pay 300-500 for a dot.

** additionally...with respect to a blurry dot or heavy 'bloom' - do you have an astigmatism? Non-corrected, that may be contributing to what you experience.
ausher1880
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2012 2:56:29 PM
[Last Edit: 3/11/2012 2:58:35 PM by ausher1880]
I do have a slight astigmatism. I wear contacts or glasses to correct it, but on my bushnell trophy and meuller the red dot is crisp and clear. Even eotec rectile looks fine to me. The green is pretty much useless because its soo bad on any setting.
VortexOptics
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2012 8:54:23 AM
Once again, if you feel something is wrong, please give us a call and we will be happy to investigate any problem you may be experincing with the scope. (800) 426-0048