Page:  / 3
Next Page  
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 2:44:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By jcsparky:
Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Originally Posted By dukhnt:
I agree, you should have bought an Aimpoint.

I also agree that if there was an issue with the Leupold, you should have called Leupold. You wouldnt buy a LaRue rifle and call Daniel Defense to replace it. I guess Im basically calling you a liar, which isnt what I want to do here, but I find it hard to believe you were treated the way you are saying. Ive been involved in WAYYYY too many he said, she said situations, and to be quite honest, LaRue's reputation, service, and employees will win this battle anytime as far as I am concerned. You may not have got what you wanted, simply because it wasnt possible, but thats all Im going to give ya on this one.

Well, I slipped a couple of sentences out of this in-house response ... but here's the majority ... and looks like Freddie didn't quite suggest an Aimpoint - just that as an alternative to make folks happy.

Either way, things always get lost in translation, with organism-driven memories and all ... and to be clear, I just want our guy to get a nice Leupold he's tickled to death with.

Maybe it's fixed good and good-to-go. We'll see.

ML

Ah…not the way the phone conversation went. His story is very creative.

We received the Prismatic with a note saying the illuminate reticle flickered when turned on. The battery illumination system was not connected to the housing of the Prismatic. I reinstalled the battery housing turned on the Prismatic and it worked perfectly fine.

I then called the customer to explain to him that the sight is working fine and that I could not find any problem with it. He kept insisting that it would “flicker” when the battery cap was completely closed tight. I told him that is exactly how the cap is currently installed and that it isn’t “flickering.” He then asked are you going to send me a new one? I said, there was no need because this one worked perfectly fine. He wasn’t happy with that response. I asked him if he wanted to exchange it for an Aimpoint Micro T-1. He said no. That he wanted a Prismatic. I said okay, we’ll send him this one back because it is works fine and there is no need to exchange it for a new one. He insisted that we replace his Prismatic. I told him that there was nothing wrong with it, but when he got it back if he still thought it was broken that he should send it to Leupold for repair. He then said okay.

Well thanks for your response Mark, I guess between the Solar Flares and the UPS Ninjas, it obviously fixed itself, over 10,000 air miles and temperature changes. We'll see
As Mark said Memories get fuzzy, I'm sure they get fuzzy when the Boss starts asking questions.
Actually Freddies response was close.. cept the fact about the Aimpoint, and I Wanted THAT Prismatic, just not that one. A functioning one is always better.
The Note was not my note it was taken by Larue after I called and explained the situtation and they wanted me to send it to Larue, NOT Leupold.
So Yes I called told them I had a issue with the Prismatic Module and asked what they wanted to do and did as they wanted, actually it was JP that I spoke with told, him the scope it self was fine and just the illuminator module that comes seperate was the issue.
JP took good notes just I stated.

Unless the phone call was recorded which I'd like to hear, no one cept Freddie and I hearrd it.
So calling me a liar? really? you know me how? based on what? God Bless ya !!
I understand its a He said She said situtation, I've ordered from Larue the past several years and haven't been treated like this before either.
So I guess until it happens to you....

I find it funny that I still have the Larue mount, I never shipped it back, and Freddie never asked for it when he was "suggesting the T1" Which I belive are out of stock anyway.
Larue mounts are AWESOME

Mark I believe you make good stuff all the way around.

If it works like it should, I'll be happy.
Sorry for the hassel, I guess I could have spoken to someone else.

Happy Easter

That's funny, thought u didn't remember his name?
TheWenisPrinkle
Warning I may be off my meds.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:48:54 AM EST
If a certian member of LaRue CS answers the phone, I will hang up and call back later. YMMV.

Babnanas are fucking delishus! ~ MrMojoRising
BCV
Unusually Cynical
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:11:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheWenisPrinkle:
If a certian member of LaRue CS answers the phone, I will hang up and call back later. YMMV.

Is mark really that big of an A-hole on the phone?

βθπ
CallOut
Clear a path!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:13:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2012 5:17:27 AM EST by CallOut]
snip
I understand its a He said She said situtation
snip

If Freddie is the "He", did you just call yourself a "She"? Freudian slip???

"Time to nut up.......or shut up!"

"Keen of eye, swift of thought, and regular of bowel."

Wanted: Red 2007 LaRue Christmas Dillo
USMAGator
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:15:49 AM EST
Well, I slipped a couple of sentences out of this in-house response ... but here's the majority ... and looks like Freddie didn't quite suggest an Aimpoint - just that as an alternative to make folks happy.

Either way, things always get lost in translation, with organism-driven memories and all ... and to be clear, I just want our guy to get a nice Leupold he's tickled to death with.

ML

We received the Prismatic with a note saying the illuminate reticle flickered when turned on. The battery illumination system was not connected to the housing of the Prismatic. I reinstalled the battery housing turned on the Prismatic and it worked perfectly fine.

I then called the customer to explain to him that the sight is working fine and that I could not find any problem with it. He kept insisting that it would “flicker” when the battery cap was completely closed tight. I told him that is exactly how the cap is currently installed and that it isn’t “flickering.” He then asked are you going to send me a new one? I said, there was no need because this one worked perfectly fine. He wasn’t happy with that response. I asked him if he wanted to exchange it for an Aimpoint Micro T-1. He said no. That he wanted a Prismatic. I said okay, we’ll send him this one back because it is works fine and there is no need to exchange it for a new one. He insisted that we replace his Prismatic. I told him that there was nothing wrong with it, but when he got it back if he still thought it was broken that he should send it to Leupold for repair. He then said okay.

Well thanks for your response Mark, I guess between the Solar Flares and the UPS Ninjas, it obviously fixed itself, over 10,000 air miles and temperature changes. We'll see
As Mark said Memories get fuzzy, I'm sure they get fuzzy when the Boss starts asking questions.
Actually Freddies response was close.. cept the fact about the Aimpoint, and I Wanted THAT Prismatic, just not that one. A functioning one is always better.
The Note was not my note it was taken by Larue after I called and explained the situtation and they wanted me to send it to Larue, NOT Leupold.
So Yes I called told them I had a issue with the Prismatic Module and asked what they wanted to do and did as they wanted, actually it was JP that I spoke with told, him the scope it self was fine and just the illuminator module that comes seperate was the issue.

Unless the phone call was recorded which I'd like to hear, no one cept Freddie and I hearrd it.
I understand its a He said She said situtation, I've ordered from Larue the past several years and haven't been treated like this before either.

I find it funny that I still have the Larue mount, I never shipped it back, and Freddie never asked for it when he was "suggesting the T1" Which I belive are out of stock anyway.
Larue mounts are AWESOME

Happy Easter

Maybe I'm misreading this or just not as smart as yall, but from this explanation I never got the sense that the optic "fixed itself." Freddie said that the battery illumination system was not connected properly, and that upon reinstalling it the optic worked as it should. Call me crazy but that doesn’t sound like the optic fixing itself…it sounds like you sent it back because it was malfunctioning, and the folks at Larue took corrective action to fix the problem. Maybe that wasn’t communicated well over the phone or maybe it wasn’t the answer you wanted to hear. Either way, if you get a working optic back in the mail I’d say Larue did right by you. If it’s not working then feel free to get rid of it in my direction and I’ll send it to Leupold to see what they can do about fixing it. Hell I’ll even pay for you to ship it to me.

TheWenisPrinkle
Warning I may be off my meds.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:34:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By BCV:
Originally Posted By TheWenisPrinkle:

Is mark really that big of an A-hole on the phone?

Cue the video.
Babnanas are fucking delishus! ~ MrMojoRising
justin_schuyler
Stamp Collector
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:52:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By USMAGator:

ML

I then called the customer to explain to him that the sight is working fine and that I could not find any problem with it. He kept insisting that it would "flicker” when the battery cap was completely closed tight. I told him that is exactly how the cap is currently installed and that it isn’t "flickering.” He then asked are you going to send me a new one? I said, there was no need because this one worked perfectly fine. He wasn’t happy with that response. I asked him if he wanted to exchange it for an Aimpoint Micro T-1. He said no. That he wanted a Prismatic. I said okay, we’ll send him this one back because it is works fine and there is no need to exchange it for a new one. He insisted that we replace his Prismatic. I told him that there was nothing wrong with it, but when he got it back if he still thought it was broken that he should send it to Leupold for repair. He then said okay.

Larue mounts are AWESOME

Happy Easter

Maybe I'm misreading this or just not as smart as yall, but from this explanation I never got the sense that the optic "fixed itself." Freddie said that the battery illumination system was not connected properly, and that upon reinstalling it the optic worked as it should. Call me crazy but that doesn’t sound like the optic fixing itself…it sounds like you sent it back because it was malfunctioning, and the folks at Larue took corrective action to fix the problem. Maybe that wasn’t communicated well over the phone or maybe it wasn’t the answer you wanted to hear. Either way, if you get a working optic back in the mail I’d say Larue did right by you. If it’s not working then feel free to get rid of it in my direction and I’ll send it to Leupold to see what they can do about fixing it. Hell I’ll even pay for you to ship it to me.

I believe the OP took it upon himself to remove the illumination module before sending it back. Larue CS put it back together and it worked fine, unless I'm misunderstanding.
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
Hey: Fuck you. Fuck you. You fucking cunt. I'm on my phone. I'm not gonna waste batteries playing pj's game of "Well find where I said that"
Oh yeah,Fuck You,fucking bitch.
USMAGator
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 6:41:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:

I believe the OP took it upon himself to remove the illumination module before sending it back. Larue CS put it back together and it worked fine, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Gotcha. OP please let us know if you get a working optic back. I think there's a lot of folks here watching to see if LT makes it right by you, which it sounds like they are. Mark's customer service and warranty policies are some strong factors in why I keep coming back for more....he's got a hell of a track record, and that's part of why I am willing to spend my money with him over some others in the industry. It'd be a real shame to leave readers who haven't experienced this service with the sense that LT does not take care of its customers.
jmt1271
&%@# HIPPIES
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 7:05:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2012 7:14:22 AM EST by jmt1271]
In my view, based on this thread, it is customers precisely like the the OP here that cause mfg's to "tighten up" their warranty policies.

It sounds great for folks like Mark and other good vendors to make blanket statements of great CS like, "If you aint happy. we aint happy" because that is exactly their intent. Then you get people who look for ways to exploit this great mentality for their own gain. Eventually, you get enough people who take advantage of Mark's good intentions and it becomes an unsustainable policy.

In other words, the guys who take advantage of it, make it harder for regular folks to get that super high standard of CS.

I have 100% confidence in LT and they will always be the place I look first, but is irritating to see crap like this, and know that it makes it more difficult for LT to maintain that "just send it here and I will take care of it" mentality.

Sooner or later it becomes an untenable position just because of the hassle of crap like this. For whatever reason, it sounds as if the OP had it in his head that he wanted some Leupy prismatic other than the one he sent LT. Even after LT repaired it, he still wanted another. So, he attempted to exploit LT. When they applied common sense, and tried to return the working unit, and avoid creating an unnecessary "used" unit in their inventory, OP threw a fit and called them out here.

Based on what I know so far, just classless. OP, you should await your return and if you receive a functional prismatic, you should take back your words here and thank LT. That would be the correct move here. LT did nothing but help you.
The Hippie Clown will bring them down!!
smullen
LARUEMINATI
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 8:14:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2012 8:14:53 AM EST by smullen]
Really close to becoming another Thread.
LARUEMINATI

NRA Endowment Life Member
smithc6
Arfcom will not bow to sewing terrorists! ~Aimless
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:20:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By smullen:
Really close to becoming another http://forums.hostgator.com/images/smilies/deadhorse.gifThread.

Theres that donkey again...
"F that guy. F his apathetic old man. F everything he holds dear until it's bleeding from the ass and crying into a pillow." ~Evil_ATF on JustinWB
REM40X
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:38:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/7/2012 9:42:20 AM EST by REM40X]
Semper Fidelis
cityboy172
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:57:32 AM EST
So, you Hung up on the people that were trying to help you, because they are saying that the unit is fixed? You're a winner.
indianashooter.com - Post Whore
TXBorn
Gotta Love The Lone Star State
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 11:01:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By cityboy172:
So, you Hung up on the people that were trying to help you, because they are saying that the unit is fixed? You're a winner.

You can't argue with Stupid
mojo
Something ain't right.....
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:25:33 PM EST

If the OP is not happy with the unit, then Larue can send the Prismatic back to Leopold, and let Leopold decides the best course of action to act.

Our American Dreams--Freedom and the Constitution--are lost day by day..

Adaptability is the key to survival.

Waldo0506
TEAM MEMBER
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:37:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By mojo:

If the OP is not happy with the unit, then Larue can send the Prismatic back to Leopold, and let Leopold decides the best course of action to act.

OP isnt happy because the unit doesnt work right.

Larue tested the unit and it works right.

OP posted that he doesnt care if he doesnt get it back.

The only place Larue should send it is to a soldier overseas.
NRA member.
sniper7
Live Free or Die
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:05:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:

ML

I then called the customer to explain to him that the sight is working fine and that I could not find any problem with it. He kept insisting that it would "flicker” when the battery cap was completely closed tight. I told him that is exactly how the cap is currently installed and that it isn’t "flickering.” He then asked are you going to send me a new one? I said, there was no need because this one worked perfectly fine. He wasn’t happy with that response. I asked him if he wanted to exchange it for an Aimpoint Micro T-1. He said no. That he wanted a Prismatic. I said okay, we’ll send him this one back because it is works fine and there is no need to exchange it for a new one. He insisted that we replace his Prismatic. I told him that there was nothing wrong with it, but when he got it back if he still thought it was broken that he should send it to Leupold for repair. He then said okay.

Larue mounts are AWESOME

Happy Easter

but but but...the OP is the master of all electricians in 3 states....like the lord sparky of the world. how could it have possibly been an electrical connection?

my 6 month old doesn't even make fits like this...

Tennessee Squire

Team Ranstad

I'm tough as woodpecker lips.

All I have in this world is my word and my balls, and I don't break em for no one.
Urimaginaryfrnd
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:37:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By RC51_Texas:
I'm pretty sure that the LaRue "If you ain't happy ..." applies to the products that they Manufacture.

If there's a problem with the Mount, sent it back to LaRue. If there's a problem with the Leupold Prismatic, send it in to Leupold. It's under warranty and honestly, who at LaRue is capable of fixing it if it flickers?

This

Buy a clue they sell scopes they do not make scopes so testing the scope can only be properly dont by the manufacturer. Leupold does have a good warranty but Leupold does have some product failures. That is in no way the fault of La Rue. Suggest you reconsider and understand that there is probably a lot of stress for people handling customer service at La Rue right now with the release of new models of rifles etc., and even for nice people sometimes they have a bad day. So send it to Leupold.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Page:  / 3
Next Page  
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED