Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:07:25 PM
I have been a loyal Larue customer for the past 3 years. A couple days ago I submitted a $2k+ order which included some LMT SOPMOD stocks. Larue refuses to ship me the stocks because I live in CT. Collapsible stocks are not illegal in CT. Several local gun stores sell collapsible stocks as they allowed to be installed on pre-bans. I am disappointed that Larue has a policy that is more onerous than the actual law. I politely called and made my case to a salesperson and was told there was nothing he could do. I hope that by posting this, Larue can reconsider how they treat AR enthusiasts living in ban-states.

smithc6
Arfcom will not bow to sewing terrorists! ~Aimless
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:13:12 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2012 6:17:41 PM by smithc6]
LOL

Another one of these threads.

Lets see...their ass on the line if something goes south, not yours, regardless of the law.

Did you order a rifle in this purchase? Cause if you did, they pretty much spell it out for you on the website.

CONNECTICUT:
- LaRue Tactical Rifles ship with pinned and welded Muzzle Device, Fixed A2 Stock

"F that guy. F his apathetic old man. F everything he holds dear until it's bleeding from the ass and crying into a pillow." ~Evil_ATF on JustinWB
nucstl1
Yeah, what he said!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:16:01 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2012 6:16:30 PM by nucstl1]
LOL

Lets see...their ass on the line if something goes south, not yours, regardless of the law.

Well, at least he isn't complaining about not getting enough free stuff with his order.
General Discussion is like the county fair, you walk in expecting a good laugh and to walk away feeling better about yourself.
DanR
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:17:40 PM
I guess the poor are the only ones left who know how to work the system to their advantage.
bobweaver
Got Bird's?
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:24:18 PM
Larue's business practices and decisions on things where legality is involved is their choice and should be respected. They didn't base that decision on your opinion of the law, they based it on what was best for their company. I respect your dissapointment in the matter but that doesn't mean Larue treated you as a customer poorly and coming on here to publically try to shame them into selling you one isn't in the best interest of yourself or Larue. Check the EE or try another vendor. Hope you find one and end up happy though brother.
Pigs are evil little bastards!
derekv814
30 ROUND SHAMOOK! 30 ROUND SHAMOOK!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:35:30 PM
Move to a free state?

Profit?

?
Covertness
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:39:41 PM
Originally Posted By derekv814:
Move to a free state?

Profit?

?

This or contribute to the political process and make one's state free
Lifetime NRA Member
Tennessee Squire
Team Ranstad
TIBTLS
grooVe
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:39:57 PM
Seems like some basic "Put yourself in the other guys shoes" kind of thinking would have gone a long way. If I was LaRue I wouldn't sell to you either. If you don't like it go complain to the ATF and CT government.
FP2000H
I'm awesome
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:47:39 PM
Originally Posted By bobweaver:
Larue's business practices and decisions on things where legality is involved is their choice and should be respected. They didn't base that decision on your opinion of the law, they based it on what was best for their company. I respect your dissapointment in the matter but that doesn't mean Larue treated you as a customer poorly and coming on here to publically try to shame them into selling you one isn't in the best interest of yourself or Larue. Check the EE or try another vendor. Hope you find one and end up happy though brother.

Yeah, check out the EE.

You can probably score them cheaper anyway.
You have the right to be offended.
Harley1
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:02:12 PM
Originally Posted By smithc6:
LOL

Did you order a rifle in this purchase? Cause if you did, they pretty much spell it out for you on the website.

CONNECTICUT:
- LaRue Tactical Rifles ship with pinned and welded Muzzle Device, Fixed A2 Stock

This...
ARFCOM Crime Fighter
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:12:18 PM
At least they will ship you a lower or complete...

CA...WAAAAAAHHHHHH
"Do you like Rap music?" - Axel Foley
arcticwarrior
Constitutional Guardian
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:25:55 PM
Why not look for a B5 Stock as they are the same thing anyway and a helluva lot cheaper. Buy one used, or have someone you know in another state get you one. There are so many ways to get this done. If it's spelled out on Larue's website, then you can't expect them to risk their ass.
ADRENALINE
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:56:02 PM
Options, why would he want options. It is all about him.
I BUY USED CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT. PM ME
~Squire of the Legion~
mnvwguy02
Laboring to love my neighbor as myself
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 9:09:55 PM
I can understand the frustration, grkmec.

However, LaRue's business, LaRue's ass on the line, LaRue's rules.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
jdhill
Regular Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 9:51:16 PM

Originally Posted By Covertness:
Originally Posted By derekv814:
Move to a free state?

Profit?

?

This or contribute to the political process and make one's state free
This...

Ranger up and take your state back...

"War to the knife, knife to the hilt"
-NBF
grkmec
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:47:00 PM
Originally Posted By smithc6:
LOL

CONNECTICUT:

I did not order a rifle through them. It was strictly a parts order. No lowers involved. Guys, I get it, they are a private business and they can set whatever policies they want. All I am saying is that I didn't expect it from them.
tacticalcarbine
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:13:41 AM
are you sure your state was why? i live in shit ass NY have preban laws too. i ordered a SOPMOD yesterday and it shipped 6hrs later, be here tues
bigjunk1
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/5/2012 6:19:09 AM
YZH stocks are evidently the exact same as LMT and sell for $20.
I would not pay $200 dollars for a polymer stock made from $2 worth of materials anyway, sort of crazy when you think about it.
The military orders their SOPMOD stocks from Xenia Ohio now and pay $12 a stock rather than ordering from LMT.
aznisegi
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/5/2012 9:54:39 AM
[Last Edit: 4/5/2012 9:59:07 AM by aznisegi]
http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/assault_weapons.pdf Paragraph 3.

Now, I don't know if you bought a whole rifle or did you order several of the parts together, but the company may be trying to cover itself by not shipping to you any particular set of items. I don't have time to look up the definition of constructive possession, but my guess of what their thought process is, is on the act of facilitating constructive possession. Then again, what do I know
KimberTLE45
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/5/2012 10:01:10 AM
Originally Posted By mnvwguy02:
I can understand the frustration, grkmec.

However, LaRue's business, LaRue's ass on the line, LaRue's rules.

I have to agree. It's unfortunate for all parties involved but untimately if LaRue could be held responsible I can't blaim them.
Proud Member of Team Ranstad
SC-Texas
TexasGunTrust.com
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:42:19 PM
I respect mark's refusal to sell a potentially questionable item to a ban state.

The 10.00 of profit he makes could cost him his ffl, his freedom and hundreds of thousands of $$$ in legal fees!

Frankly, I would not sell anything to a ban state. Move to a free state or change the law. I know, that's a bad attitude, but mark has contributed a lot of money to California to get the laws changed there so he is trying.
Sean Cody
Attorney at Law
www.TexasGunTrust.com
TexasGunTrustLawyer@TexasGunTrust.com
"Providing NFA Trusts and Counseling to Texans"
esa17
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:21:32 PM
How many times have you called your legislators?
RC51_Texas
Team Revolution
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:50:15 PM
Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
I respect mark's refusal to sell a potentially questionable item to a ban state.

The 10.00 of profit he makes could cost him his ffl, his freedom and hundreds of thousands of $$$ in legal fees!

Frankly, I would not sell anything to a ban state. Move to a free state or change the law. I know, that's a bad attitude, but mark has contributed a lot of money to California to get the laws changed there so he is trying.

Well said Sean. You're my Attorney and we've talked about this before. If it ever "hits the fan", I'm glad you're on my side!

I feel for those that live in "Ban States", but YOUR Laws are something YOU have to deal with ... or move. Simple as that - really it is.
ThreeMike
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:45:32 PM
Unbelievable.

No tears. Simply stay.
RandyStacyE
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 1:49:57 PM
[Last Edit: 4/16/2012 1:50:48 PM by RandyStacyE]
Simple solution ... order the stocks elsewhere. Hell you could probably order it from a vendor in your own state and have it by the very next day.
braveperry
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:04:29 PM
Why would anyone want to live in CT anyway?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED