Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
7/21/2014 6:12:25 PM
Author
Tactical Night Vision Corporation
Posted: 12/19/2008 4:34:41 PM
Hello all,

Over the last several years, TNVC's Scope Accessory Ring (SAR) units have turned out to be our #1 accessory seller! Several dealers are now carrying our complete line up of SARS and we're quite happy how much the units have assisted the shooting community.

At the request of a some folk, we are now introducing a new model of the SAR-3 (30mm) unit. This new model is designated the SAR-3P. While this unit may look exactly the same as our previous unit, there are a few notable changes that will increase the already versatile mounting solution the SAR offers. With this model we have made two notable changes.

1. We now have a true multi-mounting weaver/picatinny solution by adding a middle picatinny slot. This will aid folks that want to utilize a wing protector style of mount that uses a recoil lug or any other Mini Red Dot mount that might employ a lug.

2. We also made the new model approx. 1/8th shorter that will aid with precious scope tube real estate that sport some larger objectives lenses. Presently the new SAR-3P fits Aimppoints Micro T1 perfectly with no overhang.

3. Presently, only the SAR-3P is being released with these changes. The SAR-4P (34mm) will start production early 2009.

A bit of history on the SARS on how they came about.
In 1994, I had an incident where I was at 10x on the back of a house. A not so good guy popped up sorta speak at close range and it was a very disturbing situation with NO time to get on target. This is when I decided to get some sort of BUID on my scope. I virtually hand made my first unit out of a MKIV ring and welded a small weaver rail to it. I used a Optima 2000 back then which was really the only mini red dot sight game in town at that time. This is how I got the idea for the SAR and made numerous units to my local LE agencies. I am sure at the Shot Show one manufacturer has already decided to copy my free-floating design since I went public with the SAR early last year.

There are other products out there that now do this, but these designs either fix the rail as a primary and stationary scope cap ring or were a very low quality ring/rail systems. In most cases, manufactures located this rail cap directly on top of their ring causing tall scope turret obstruction, which limits the scope one might want to use and also making elevation and windage adjustments to the dot optic were extremely difficult while mounted on the weapon. Some makers offset a permanent scope cap rail to the right or left (too far), which requires too much head movement to view an optical dot during critical times. Most of these rail caps also required you to purchase the manufactures scope ring in order for the other rail top cap to fit and/or a specific dot brand due to their base.

With that in mind, I embarked on this project with these requirements.

1. Ability to mount the entire ring and rail anywhere on the scope tube (mostly full size scopes).
2. Ability to mount the ring and rail at any angle I needed.
3. The scope ring rail also had to be short enough not to impede with the scope adjustments itself, but at that same time give me enough rail versatility to mount a host of small dot sights and IR illuminator devices for numerous mission call outs especially for bolt guns where no rail space exists on most platforms.
4. Lightweight, machined aluminum, hard anodized and able to withstand harsh recoil of firearms and ones bank account!

SAR1 = 1.1oz
SAR2 = 1.3oz
SAR3 = 1.0oz
SAR4 = 1.1oz

The best part of the newly designed SAR-3P, the retail price of $79.00 WILL NOT CHANGE! If you happen to traveling to the Shot Show in Orlando Florida this January, be sure to take an up close and personal look at the SAR-3P (and TNVC's MURLM) on some exciting systems Aimpoint will be showing at their booth (#9369). The SAR units along with the MURLM will also be displayed at some other very hi-end systems to be announced shortly. If you cannot wait for the Shot Show, Tactical Gun Fan is showing a pretty cool video of the SAR with some live fire sequences as well.

SAR VIDEO

SAR-3P's are now available on our web site for immediate ordering. Enjoy the pics below.

Thanks all!

Vic Di Cosola

Tactical Night Vision Corporation - TNVC, INC.
http://www.tacticalnightvision.com
sales@tacticalnightvision.com
(909) 659-2842
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=369&Itemid=74
TNVC
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/21/2009 1:44:32 PM
[Last Edit: 2/21/2009 1:55:57 PM by TNVC]
Well after some VERY specific requirements from some very specific users we are happy to announce the new SAR-3PS (Slim-line) We will let the pics tell the thousand words, but as you can see this unit will get into some VERY tight places to say the least. With wide scope rings such as Larue where tube real estate may be an issue, the new SAR-3PS is just the answer. Presently the unit is only available in 30mm, and were looking at the 34mm requirement. Price is still the same at $79.00. The units will be on our web site next week sometime. If you would like to order, drop us a line for now. Thanks all!

Vic

New Slim-Line Sized SAR-3PS compared to the SAR-3P

http://www.tacticalnightvision.com
sales@tacticalnightvision.com
(909) 659-2842
http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=369&Itemid=74
Knife_Sniper
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2010 3:46:35 PM
I saw on another forum you had a direct mount for the RMR platform.

Any news or info on this item?

TNVC
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:47:48 PM
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:
I saw on another forum you had a direct mount for the RMR platform.

Any news or info on this item?

Still working to get this into production. No time frame just yet.

VIc
http://www.tnvc.com
sales@tvnc.com
(909) 796-7000
Knife_Sniper
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/7/2010 6:23:59 PM
How are the backorders comming along on the SAR3P?

Thanks!