Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Posted: 1/28/2009 8:46:52 AM EST
Any chance Stag will ever make a .308 model?
TCIDB
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/8/2009 10:35:16 AM EST
That would be a nice option for their lineup... hopefully they will add the .308 soon. If so, im in.
rcdice
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:14:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By TCIDB:
That would be a nice option for their lineup... hopefully they will add the .308 soon. If so, im in.

I would echo that comment. I too would be VERY interested in a Stag .308.

runs-with-scissors
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:25:37 PM EST
i would like it too but with the decline of demand (and prices) i don't see any extra expenditure in R&D in Stags future. a Stag parts kit was my first build - still have it/love it
Underwater fire prevention trainee
StagArms
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:05:39 AM EST
At this time we do not have plans to work with the .308 rifle. The .308 cartridge is physically too large to work on the AR-15 platform and has to movie up to the larger AR-10 platform. Both platforms look very similar, but it is basically building a completely new rifle with most of the parts being different sizes between the two platforms.
runs-with-scissors
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2009 4:14:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2009 4:27:16 PM EST by runs-with-scissors]

Originally Posted By StagArms:
At this time we do not have plans to work with the .308 rifle. The .308 cartridge is physically too large to work on the AR-15 platform and has to movie up to the larger AR-10 platform. Both platforms look very similar, but it is basically building a completely new rifle with most of the parts being different sizes between the two platforms.

thanks for the info

Now ––- when am i gonna be able to order an upper half / parts kit that has

5.56 Nato Chamber
Forged and Mil Spec.
16" Chrome Lined 1/9 Twist

i have 6 of your lowers with 1 just waiting for this setup
Underwater fire prevention trainee
thatjonguy
Made in the 80's
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:48:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By rcdice:

Especially a Stag .308L
MrM4: Welcome to the land of the free (South Dakota) Liberals are required to bring their own rope and we prefer they bring their own tree as well.
KnightofTheOldeCode
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/9/2009 12:42:31 AM EST

Yup, I'd be first in line for a stag left handed .308 in an A4 configuration

Originally Posted By thatjonguy:
Originally Posted By rcdice:

Especially a Stag .308L

longshadow
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:10:34 AM EST
If you build it in 7.62 NATO we WILL buy it
longshadow
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:18:45 PM EST
Update: If you build a 7.62 NATO rifle that utilizes the KAC rifle magazine, OK Magpul magazine, we will buy it

Hell, if DPMS can build one.... I'm just sayin'

RR is stuck with the FAL magazine.

CMMG is making a lower that uses the HK surplus magazine,

Armalite is on the second generation of makin' due with a modified M14 magazine and follower.

DPMS was the only manufacturer BRIGHT enough to use the modified AR10/KAC magazine that is now being produced by Cproducts AND Magpul. Come on Stag... DPMS is one notch above Olympic Arms. A'hmmm... I understand that even Oly has a .308 in their skunkworks.

If you build a 7.62 NATO rifle you will OWN the AR Battle Rifle field. You already have the best customer service in the industry.

Merry Christmas ALL,

BJ in Carthage
Daring-6
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2009 2:50:55 PM EST
I to echo the comments of all those who have replied on a potential 7.62/51 NATO / .308 Winchester Stag Arms AR platform , both right and left handed models . I would like to see along with an A4 version , a carry handle A3 carbine ( 16" BBL. ) version . I am sure that there is a real market out there for Stag Arms to tap into . I think that their corporate management needs to hear from enough potential customers , such as the people within this specific topic within this thread , to have the incentive to realistically look at such a project as a .308 AR . I believe that if they thought that a profit could be made to produce such firearms , they would . We out here need to get their ear and attention and let them know that we will purchase such firarms , if they will just produce them !

I also believe that the biggest hang-up to a 7.62/51 NATO / .308 Winchester AR platform has been , and continues to be the magazines ; whose to use and just what type . I believe that Stag would have to figure that one out . My personal choice would be the FAL metric and inch mags , as they are in ample supply , cheap to purchase , and are available in both aluminum and steel , but that's just my personal choice . RRA and Kel-Tec are both going that route for the above reasons on magazines .

Daring-6