Author
Rainier Arms
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:30:36 PM
[Last Edit: 7/23/2011 6:48:48 PM by Stickman]
I just got done writing up a brief article for Army Times/ Gear Scout showing the IWC Hand Stop on the BCM Kino. The Kino has been off to the side for a little while as I've been using a 11.5" upper on my duty carbine. While working with the IWC hand stop paired up with the Kino, it reminded me of exactly why this setup is so nice. Light weight, great all around barrel length, and fantastic handling really come together for a slick setup. If it wasn't for me currently using folding sight/ slick top setups right now, I think this would make for a perfect all around duty rig.

Anyway, I know a bunch of guys love the Kino setup, so here is a link, and some pictures. For anyone on the fence, check it out, and go fire one if you can. If you can't do live fire, do some basic dry drills and room clear, and see if you don't have lust for Kino... wait, that just sounds wrong.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/07/21/impact-weapon-components-hand-stop/1

Stick
sales@rainierarms.com
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX
www.weaponevolution.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
smithc6
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 3:59:27 PM
Originally Posted By Stickman:
I just got done writing up a brief article for Army Times/ Gear Scout showing the IWC Hand Stop on the BCM Kino. The Kino has been off to the side for a little while as I've been using a 11.5" upper on my duty carbine. While working with the IWC hand stop paired up with the Kino, it reminded me of exactly why this setup is so nice. Light weight, great all around barrel length, and fantastic handling really come together for a slick setup. If it wasn't for me currently using folding sight/ slick top setups right now, I think this would make for a perfect all around duty rig.

Anyway, I know a bunch of guys love the Kino setup, so here is a link, and some pictures. For anyone on the fence, check it out, and go fire one if you can. If you can't do live fire, do some basic dry drills and room clear, and see if you don't have lust for Kino... wait, that just sounds wrong.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/07/21/impact-weapon-components-hand-stop/?preview=true&preview_id=10641&preview_nonce=ffe5f74c71

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/iwc-handstop/Stck_5426-A-1024-MT.jpg

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/iwc-handstop/Stck_5421-1024-MT.jpg

Stick,

I clicked on the link and this is what I got:

You do not have permission to preview drafts.

Just figured Id let you know as this may be the case for everyone, but Im not sure.
Weekend Zombie Hunter
clharr
Tacticool Ranch Hand
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:29:36 PM
linky no worky for me either.

The Kino is cool. I have one in addition to a standard 12.5 and have been meaning to do a write up of them for those not sure what they want.
just becasue you can shoot well does not mean you will fight well when the time comes. Get trained!

"Ignorance is curable with knowledge. Stupid is forever." unknown
shade_1313
Night Crew Ragnarok 'n Roller
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 8:40:25 PM
I'll add that to a list of "do wants" behind the BCM dissy.
ARzona
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/22/2011 11:38:33 AM
Stickman
Rainier Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:49:34 PM

Thanks, I fixed the link in the original post as well.

I didn't realize I was in the admin panel of Military Times when I posted the link, sorry about that guys.
Stick
sales@rainierarms.com
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX
www.weaponevolution.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
motoguy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 7:28:14 AM

Originally Posted By clharr:

The Kino is cool. I have one in addition to a standard 12.5 and have been meaning to do a write up of them for those not sure what they want.

I'd love to read this, as I'm trying to decide between the two 12.5" options, myself.
bigkracka
Super Secret Squirrel
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 4:08:54 PM
Stick, what mount is your Aimpoint in?
Texas Secede!
TCBA_Joe
2 Round Burst
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 4:26:11 PM
Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Stick, what mount is your Aimpoint in?

Looks like KAC
Please, call me Joe

There is definitely something perverse about two men who carry guns 24/7 being so happy that others are giving theirs up. -happycynic
BSWilson
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 4:48:09 PM
The K-Config is certainly a tits setup. Many might not get over the $200 hump just to cut ~2" off their barrel, but the difference is dramatic.

clharr
Tacticool Ranch Hand
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 7:21:10 PM
Originally Posted By motoguy:

I'd love to read this, as I'm trying to decide between the two 12.5" options, myself.

To kind of make a long story short, if you want to run a can especially a relfex type get the standard and if not get the Kino.

I'm taking a break from shooting for a while so I guess now would be a good time to do a write up.
just becasue you can shoot well does not mean you will fight well when the time comes. Get trained!

"Ignorance is curable with knowledge. Stupid is forever." unknown
motoguy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2011 9:14:08 PM

Originally Posted By motoguy:

To kind of make a long story short, if you want to run a can especially a relfex type get the standard and if not get the Kino.

I'm taking a break from shooting for a while so I guess now would be a good time to do a write up.

Well, that directly addresses my single largest concern! Sounds like a "regular" 12.5" for me!