ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 62
Author
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:12:26 AM
[Last Edit: 5/16/2009 9:33:58 AM by Aimless]
So MAGPUL is bushmaster only doing the military verison and Remington the civilian version?
Please do not link to that site-Aimless
Canthros
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:28:28 AM
Remington and Bushmaster are the same company these days, aren't they?
NIHILator
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:44:44 AM
Its still the Magpul Masada no matter who they have make it for which market.
"My rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life." -Full Metal Jacket
Squid1jz
Culinary Ninja
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:51:01 AM
They're different brands owned by the same company.

In RE: the picture I'm not seeing the ambi charging handle. The last iteration I saw, I thought it had a 'true ambidextrous' handle (ie: one on each side). And it looks like they photoshopped something off the rail, just above the laser and below the charging handle slot.
RLTW375
Lead Farmer
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:18:52 AM
I see MBUS....
Knocking one out for the Ranger in the sky
MagazineFed
Elite Delta Tactical Special Operator
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:07:08 AM
The ACR is one rifle that I really want.

Bad.
"If you're not ready to die for it, take the word "freedom" out of your vocabulary."
-Malcolm X
NIHILator
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:50:31 PM
And it looks like they photoshopped something off the rail, just above the laser and below the charging handle slot.

Look at the angle of the sun. That is the shadow of the front Flip up sight.
"My rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life." -Full Metal Jacket
Mopseydocks6014
These pretzels are making me thirsty
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:33:18 PM
[Last Edit: 5/3/2009 2:38:06 PM by Mopseydocks6014]
I wonder if they can give us a progress update.

Also, if it ever is released to the public, I hope they do it better than FN did.
"Familiarity and prolonged exposure without incident leads to a loss of appreciation of risk." Dr. Ken Kamler. Mt. Everest MD, 1996 Expedition.
TheTacticalCoyote
Major League Infidel
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:01:48 PM
Originally Posted By Squid1jz:
They're different brands owned by the same company.

In RE: the picture I'm not seeing the ambi charging handle. The last iteration I saw, I thought it had a 'true ambidextrous' handle (ie: one on each side). And it looks like they photoshopped something off the rail, just above the laser and below the charging handle slot.

Yes, but Bushmaster makes all of the R-15s for Remington and DPMS makes all of the R-25s for them as well. Remington does not currently make any AR type rifles at their factory. I suspect that it is the same way with the ACR, that if these claims are correct, Bushmaster is making a 'military' edition for Remington.

"O.T.S.W.S."
fp1201
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:51:40 PM
It does exists.
There are factory flyer's, I have one but cannot post it.
Remington expected to start producing these starting the third quarter of 2009
"God's love can be found by simply spelling his name backwards."
FUBO

__o__o_
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_!_(")
dudeskis
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:08:03 PM
[Last Edit: 5/25/2009 11:30:35 PM by dudeskis]
Originally Posted By fp1201:
It does exists.

If this is true my head and wallet are going to explode.

Yes, but Bushmaster makes all of the R-15s for Remington and DPMS makes all of the R-25s for them as well. Remington does not currently make any AR type rifles at their factory. I suspect that it is the same way with the ACR, that if these claims are correct, Bushmaster is making a 'military' edition for Remington.

Maybe they want to use some of the Remington factory capacity for "black" guns because that's what's selling and they can get some market share with the ACR.
MadSciontist
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:22:15 AM
Originally Posted By dudeskis:
It does exists.

Heh. Your wallet is going to explode only IF they finally get to market

I've revised my thoughts on the whole thing. I've got a DPMS with Magpully goodness on it, so meh.

Well, I'll have Magpully Goodness on it when the backorder clears
vmpglenn
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:38:42 AM
Freddie Blish (Aimpoint's director of MIL sales) reports back from the '09 NDIA Small Arms Symposium that Remington will be producing the ACR for mil/LEO sales in 5.56, 6.5, and 6.8. Obviously, all these are just a quick barrel/bolt swap to change calibers.

No word from LtCol Blish on non-LEO civilian sales.
Scepticism is an exercise, not a life; it is a discipline fit to purify the mind of prejudice and render it all the more apt, when the time comes, to believe and to act wisely. -- George Santayana

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.
fp1201
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:46:45 PM
It does exists.

Maybe they want to use some of the Remington factory capacity for "black" guns because that's what's selling and they can get some market share with the ACR.

The ACR will be made in Ilion, NY

FUBO

__o__o_
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_!_(")
ZA206
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:45:47 PM
It does exists.

Can you tell us anymore? Little hints here and there? Come on bro!

-ZA
fp1201
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/30/2009 9:34:42 PM
Originally Posted By ZA206:
It does exists.

Can you tell us anymore? Little hints here and there? Come on bro!

-ZA

Any idea how to post a .pdf file?
if so, LMK and I'll try.
That' about as fucked up as spinners on a Ferreri.

FUBO

__o__o_
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
OC455
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/30/2009 10:01:35 PM
I'm taking a ride to Illion I'm 30-35 minutes away..........
Gone_Shootin
CAPITALIST
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 12:31:10 AM
Somebody pinch me.
"Playing guitar is like riding a bicycle or having sex, you never forget how to do it." - B.B. King
m4hk33
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 12:45:19 AM
[Last Edit: 5/31/2009 12:48:30 AM by m4hk33]
so basically since they are making it for military and leo sales i guess we will see it in the same quanities as the sig 552 and HK G36. next to nothing in terms of market presences.

i still dont understand there desire to ignore the civilian market in favor of a LE/MIL market. there have been more FS2000 sold to civilians then LE/mil users. give the scar a few months and there will be more in civy hands then SF hands.

look i hope it makes it to market but i guess time will tell

kodiak0202
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 3:10:27 AM
but with the possibility of an AWB do you blaim them for trying it?
m4hk33
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 9:37:53 AM
yes and no, they market the product to whom ever they chose so in that regard no, but at the same time it will be quite some time till a new weapon is selected to replace the m4.

with that being said in the mean time the ACR could be put out in significant numbers in order to attain an idea of what issues may surface once the weapon is mass produced.

with nobama going al out on everything but military spending, im not to sure how interested he will be in replacing the m4 with something new that would require significant testing at say APG, dugway, yuma, or any other major testing center, that cost a retardedly stupid amount of money

with the scar being pretty simial in capabilities, and having all ready undergone and paid for such testing, and is all ready in the pipline/system. its going to be an uphill battle to get a foothold on the m4 replacement when one comes.

i do love the ACR, and do want to see it come to market because i do think it is one of the better concepts/rifles out there
all4freedom
He who always has his next gun purchase in mind.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:10:43 AM
Originally Posted By m4hk33:
so basically since they are making it for military and leo sales i guess we will see it in the same quanities as the sig 552 and HK G36. next to nothing in terms of market presences.

What, kind of like Colt?

If they get it to the public I think the big thing will be price point.

"You wanna see a gun show, I'll lift up my shirt." -Ted Nugent NRA Annual Meeting 2007

NRA Life Member
Gone_Shootin
CAPITALIST
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:46:02 AM
Guys, if they sell it to LEOs through distributors, it will find it's way to the civvy market. Look at the LEO only Colts.
"Playing guitar is like riding a bicycle or having sex, you never forget how to do it." - B.B. King
MadSciontist
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:56:56 AM
Originally Posted By m4hk33:
yes and no, they market the product to whom ever they chose so in that regard no, but at the same time it will be quite some time till a new weapon
with nobama going al out on everything but military spending, im not to sure how interested he will be in replacing the m4 with something new that would require significant testing at say APG, dugway, yuma, or any other major testing center, that cost a retardedly stupid amount of money

The Pentagon already has a winner in the next round of weapon trials to replace the M4

hobbez84
Redskins Fanatic
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:08:34 AM
So the Remington is handling the military version of the ACR, while the civilian version will be followed up by Bushmaster? Or will we see all ACRs under the Remington name?
Hobbes : "Do you think there's a God?
Calvin : "Well somebody's out to get me!"
Afterwork_Ninja
Speedy thing goes in... Speedy thing comes out!
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:27:15 AM
I have tried to stay away for the Masada play-by-play and speculation, but I'll hang out in case someone knows something about the Massoud in .308
"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." - U.S. Rep Henry Waxman (D- CA)
  Previous Page
Page:  / 62
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED