Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By TANGOCHASER:
Comtek is hiring for ROTC support. Check out the Army ROTC website www.rotc.monroe.army.mil/. Scroll down to officer/enlisted vacancies. It show openings that are civilain contract and active military positions.

Got an job offer at New Mexico Military Institute and will probably accept it and move to New Maxico.

I did get a call from a Blackwater recruiter who said he got my resume from www.militaryhire.com. I didn't have the exact skill set for the contract they were filling but at least I know my resume is visible.

A friend of mine went to a rival [mil institute] school, and they used to call them "NIMMies" (e.g. "ninnies") and say that NMMI stood for "Nine Million Marching Idiots".

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2007 1:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wise_jake] [#3]

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:
can't fault me for trying! LOL  Hope all is well Jake...email in bound YOUR way.

Well, it's rumored that we're about to get a pretty good raise come Sept.1.....

Couple that with few marketable skills (that translate directly to contracting), and me not really wanting to try pausing the tenure clock, and there goes my wanderlust for the month.

ETA: TC, my friend went to that institute/academy out of Harlingen (in South Texas; well, the Rio Grande Valley area, actually).  The name's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't seem to remember it all the way.  Had a college roommate who was actually from the area (Artesia is ~ 50mi from Roswell), and he said that's what they called them there, too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 5:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TANGOCHASER] [#4]
Put your resmue in with militaryhire.com. I just picked up a gig with Capstone for a contract in Bahrain for $100,000+ a year.

Blackwater also called me a couple months ago after finding my resume on military.com.

$32,000 wasn't enough to make me move to New Mexico. Comtech is hiring all over for ROTC gigs but they don't pay much. Their wages seem to work out so with your retirement check it equals what I made on active duty minus the housing allowance. Chump change.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a good company looking for .mil trained people. EG&G and URS

EG&G does a huge amount of training and maint. here and oversea's always looking for the right schools.

Good luck IM me if I can help
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got this in an email from military.com.

I'm in a hurry, and I'm just slamming this up here.  I haven't researched this, nor have I checked out the link.

Come to the Military.com Career Fair in San Antonio
Week of October 08, 2007

The Military.com Career Fair is coming to San Antonio on Thursday, Oct. 18, 2007. Employers seek the valuable skills you learned in service to your country. Register here and get a reminder of the event as well as a final and up - to- date list of the companies attending.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WayneG] [#8]
EDITED:  Disregard, the cert is closed.  Waiting for my list of applicants, hopefully I'll be hiring someone from this board.
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 9:05:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vaquero45] [#9]
Edited:  Got a lot of help from some Team Members and I'm gtg.  

Thanks for all the links and suggestions so far guys.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Signed up for the listings two weeks ago, and yesterday got an offer for 90k/year w/benefits....sucks because its 2hrs away from where I live (3-4hrs during rush-hour), and cant commute that far everyday...

Looking for a telecom job in Austin/Cedar Park/Round Rock, TEXAS....
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 1:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: babirl] [#11]
To say "job hunting" as a Vet is easy or fun is nonsense!  I'm starting a "new life" Monday, but it wasn't fun, nor "easy"!  

Watch out for the "low ball" offers and take pride in all of your individual AND team accomplishments!  With few exceptions, your .mil time WILL help you if you get focused and "translate" your leadership/team skills into "corporate terms."  

Special note for the "younger troops":  TAKE ADVANTAGE of the "transition programs" and listen!

B2

Hmm, probably "beat to death," but I'd ensure you have a good "network" as well!  

Link Posted: 11/29/2007 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Belmont31R:
Signed up for the listings two weeks ago, and yesterday got an offer for 90k/year w/benefits....sucks because its 2hrs away from where I live (3-4hrs during rush-hour), and cant commute that far everyday...

Looking for a telecom job in Austin/Cedar Park/Round Rock, TEXAS....

The TX HTF is your friend.  Start a separate thread there.

Somebody always knows somebody who knows somebody...... who's lookin' for somebody.

Link Posted: 12/6/2007 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#13]
A good friend of mine, who served in the US Army for over twenty years, is now the Program Manager for a large, well established company, and is looking to fill 300 Dari/Pashto Linguist positions in Afghanistan.  If interested, IM me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey everybody….

Just wanted to touch base w/ a few of you that I thought might have some input, a lead, etc.  As most of you know I’m working for a company in Houston that specializes in all things Motorola.  We are a small company but growing fast.  We have started to implement an array of Motorola wireless broadband systems, etc.  My interest is in rounding up more clients/contracts that might need a service we provide, i.e. anything from 2-way radios to a citywide wireless broadband networks.  If you guys know anyone, any company, etc. that might be interested please let me know.  Put the word out.  We are all certified to work in industrial areas such as plants, maritime, etc.  We do good work and are a certified Motorola dealer/installer.  Please pass it on!to anyone you know, especially in the oil, plant/manufact., offshore, etc. industries! :)

Here is our little website:

Commercial Wireless Solutions

Thanks guys and gals.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi,
Does any one know of anything in Illinois????
I got out in 2006 from da Army Guard, deployed several times, and was a Marine in Desert Storm. Just turned 40 and I'm out of work, and running out of money. I would go overseas too, the wife unit would just have to deal with it.  I was a heavy equipment operator in the Corps, and a Air Assault Infantry squad leader in the Army. Have been in sales for most of my civie time. PLEASE ADVISE
Thanks!

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 3/22/2008 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Go here and click on the Veterans link.

http://www.gecareers.com/GECAREERS/jsp/index.jsp
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#17]
anybody know of anything in michigan?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By natethreet:
anybody know of anything in michigan?

Arfcoms Job Forum
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Parachute Rigger opening in Virginia.

FAA Senior Parachute Rigger certification a plus, but not required.

Shoot me an IM for further info.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
If there is anyone here that has experience and knowledge, would you mind taking a look at a resume I have drafted up, and do a critique? Please be honest both negative and positive. PM me please, and I will send it to you. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody here have (or know of someone who has) any experience with nonlethal weapons and is a certified military instructor (ITC)?  The company I work for will be needing two instructors pretty soon.  The company is Concurrent Technologies Corporation and the office I work out of is in Ft Leonard Wood, MO.
PM me if interested.

v/r
tcasella
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Jrock82,
If you still need help with that resume, I'll be happy to give whatever advice I can.
tcasella
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's a chopped up copy of my resume.  Hope it helps a little, maybe provide some ideas, etc.  

StykUrHedUp
Houston, TX Area
E-mail: [email protected]

SUMMARY:

I have 13 years experience in the Telecommunications field in a broad range of areas such as Tech Control, SATCOM, VSAT, Tactical-Satellite, Help Desk, Ops, Promina, MIDAS, SMU, GTCS3 upgrades/installs, WAN/LAN maint., Assorted  Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Routers, Linksys Satellite modem, Comtech CDM-570L L-band Satellite modems, K, Ku, L band Satellite coms, Mobile Land radio, Line of Sight systems, UHF, VHF, etc.  RAUs, LENs, SENs, and other MSE and DGM equipment.  Mobile Switches such as the 39D, a wide range of Motorola equipment such as Motorola Canopy, Mesh, 2-away radios, etc.  I have extensive crypto/CMS knowledge as well and am technically proficient w/ most crypological devices and formats.  I also have experience building cables such as CAT 5, RS-530, DB-9, etc. using schematics, & pinouts.   I have contracted for the US Army and Navy over the past several years and have gained vast knowledge of most of the systems they have in place today. I also have vast experience dealing with the organizations & their protocol that regulate and pertain to such facilities.  I.E. reporting outages, service interruptions, etc. to DISA & CACI.      

SKILLS:

RF Transmission UHF, VHF, etc.
Multiplexer Units
VSAT, satellite comms.
Cisco/Networking
Fiber Optics
Cabling, i.e. CAT5, LMR400, RG59, etc.
Help Desk, Remote Desktop, SMS, etc.
2-Way Radios
Cryptographic/Encrypted Transmissions & Equipment
Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
Linux/Unix
       Active Directory
TMDE Test Equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Watt Meter, etc.
Network Security
60+ WPM typing
Enrolled in school at present to obtain CCNA & Network Engineer degree
Have used Auto CAD and was fairly proficient with it
Bench Work, i.e. Soldering, etc.
Computer Hardware/Software
Basic CPR Qualified
16 Hour HAZCOM/HAZWOPER Level II
Offshore Water Survival w/ H.U.E.T. & Marine Debris
Remedy & FACIT

WORK EXPERIENCE:

12/2007 – Present Commercial Wireless Solutions,  Pasadena, TX
Motorola Field Tech/Engineer
Duties and responsibilities include installing, maintaining, repairing etc.  a wide variety of Motorola products ranging from 2-way radios to Motorola Canopy 2.4, 5.7, etc,  Motorola Mesh Duo, Quad, etc.  Duties also include some bench work requiring component level troubleshooting, and repair, soldering, pinning out connectors, etc.

7/2006 – 7/2007 Caprock Communications,  Houston, TX
Satellite Field Engineer
Duties include building, testing, implementing, repairing  portable fixed, auto acquire, and stabilized satellite systems such as C-Com & TracStar (VSAT)Auto-Acquire systems, stabilized systems aboard sea going vessels (Sea-Tel), & Fixed VSAT setups for customers such as Halliburton, Weatherford, Arena, Hunt, Pioneer, Chevron, etc.  Also maintained, repaired, upgraded/updated the individual components that make up the systems such as the Cisco switches, routers (1700, 2900, 3500, etc.) including  Cisco WAPs IP Phones (VOIP), Satellite modems such as Linkstar, iDirect, Comtech CDM-570L L-band modems, assorted UPS systems, etc.  Programmed satellite controllers for the auto-acquire systems.

2/2005 – 1/2006 Signal Solutions (General Dynamics),  Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Senior Information Systems Tech.
Duties include traveling worldwide to communications facilities to perform installs, upgrades, etc. Upgrades/Installs performed include Promina 800s, MIDAS, GTC3S, IOC3, SMU, Scream 50s, and all associated equipment.  

4/2004 - 1/2005 Corpus Christi Army Depot I.T. Dept.,  Corpus Christi, TX
I.T. Hardware Engineer
Performed I.T. hardware swaps, upgrades, installs, etc.  Added/Removed user accounts and machines to and from an Active Directory Domain.  Tested and incorporated new software, and machines to a .gov domain.  Troubleshot systems both in person and remotely via such tools as Remote Desktop and SMS.  Maintained Thin Clients, and related Citrix servers, mail servers, etc.  Recently took the Systems Manager Security Course at Ft. Hood, TX

10/2003 - 5/2004 Anteon,  Camp Doha, Kuwait
Systems Engineer IV (NOC)
Tech Control Operator/Maintainer of which responsibilities included testing and maintenance of mission essential circuits, links, trunks, etc. supporting the global war on terrorism.  Everyday interface w/ equipment such as Promina 800 nodes, KIV-19s, KG-81s, etc.  Everyday use of Remedy, TCCC, Facit 4, etc.

10/2002 - 10/2003 DG21,  Diego Garcia, B.I.O.T. (British Indian Ocean Territory)
Tech Control Operator (NOC) (Lead-CWO)
Tech Control Operator for the US Navy.  Primarily dealt w/ troubleshooting, line testing, quality control testing, and station upkeep of all comms equipment such as Promina nodes, DAMA, FCC-100s, SATHICOM, WSC-3s, etc. and associated crypto.  In conjunction w/ the FCO, DISA, etc.  Everyday used test equipment included such things as Fireberd 6000s, oscilloscopes, etc.

5/1999 - 5/2000 U.S. Army,  Taegu (Camp Walker), South Korea
Tech Control Operator (NOC)
Duties included operating and maintaining circuits, links, trunks, etc. associated w/ the mission in South Korea.  Line testing, quality control checks, etc.  Working w/ distant ends, FCO, DISA, etc. in keeping the said links up and active.  Test equipment included Fireberd, TD 2000, multimeters, signal generators, etc. and other TMDE equipment.

5/1997 - 5/1999 U.S. Army,  Ft. Bragg, N.C. USA
Communications/Electronics Maintenance Supervisor
Supervised a team of four communications/electronics maint. techs. Dealing primarily with MSE (Mobile Suscriber Equipment), 39D switches, LENs, SENs, RAUs, etc.  Maintained all of the TMDE (Test Measures Diagnostices Equipment) for troubleshooting communications equipment.  Trained on single channel satellite radios.  

5/1996 – 5/1997 U.S. Army,  Wonju (Camp Long), South Korea
Communications/Electronics Maintenance Tech
Performed maintenance and trouble shooting on DGM (Digital Group Multiplexing equipment.  Maintained the unit’s TMDE used to troubleshoot said systems.  

EDUCATION:

Present Wharton County Junior College
Relevant Coursework/Certifications:
Network Engineer Degree program that will also result in a Cisco CCNA Certification

10/1995 – 5/1996 U.S. Army Signal School (31P Course, now 25P),  Ft. Gordon, GA USA
Relevant Coursework, Licensures, and Certifications:
The school incorporated the following: basic and advanced electronics and circuit board testing, limited FM/AM radio transmission theory, soldering, signal flow theory, multiplexer theory, operations, and maintenance, loran-c and other timing sources, encryption implementation and theory, microwave/RF theory and implementations, tactical mobile subscriber systems, etc.

12/2004 Systems Manager Security Course,  Ft. Hood, TX USA
I.T. Security implementations in Microsoft Operating Systems, Unix, etc. and related firewalls, etc.

8/1996 TMDE Coordinator’s Course,  Waegwan (Camp Carroll), South Korea
Learned to perform the duties of a TMDE coordinator such as troubleshooting test equipment, filling out and filing the proper paperwork to submit equipment for repair, calibration, etc.

REFERENCES:

Josh **********
Caprock Communications
Phone: ***************
Email: *******************
Ref Type:  Professional/Personal

Jared *****
ITT Industries – Systems Engineer IV
Phone: ***************
Email:  *******************
Ref Type:  Professional

Kevin ******
ITT Industries – Systems Engineer
Phone: **************
Email: ****************
Ref Type: Professional

Jason Bagwell
Broadpoint Communications (Petrocomm)
Phone:  *************
Email:  ****************
Ref Type: Professional/Personal

VETERAN’S PREFERENCE:

5 point preference based on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Top Secret Security Clearance
Fork Lift License
Winter Driving Course (U.S. Army)
Licensed on all wheeled Army vehicles
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm due to ETS early next year. My enlisted MOS was 13M, MLRS (which sucks, knowing now that it's got practically zero relevance in the real world...)

I spent a year in Iraq as Force Protection (Convoy Security) and am currently in Keyna doing more or less the same thing. I've got an active Secret Clearance. Anyone have any idea's for what I can start looking for?

Cheers,
Wicked
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 2:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#25]
My wife will be looking for work soon since the mortgage company she works for is closing.

IT professional with experience in network administration...
Resume
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#26]
There are companies recruiting ex military for security details.  The pay usually ranges from about 75+ upwards to 6 digits.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#27]
The Energy industry is in hiring in the Rifle CO area.  IM me for details
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Plenty of security oriented contracts overseas.  CSA, Blackwater, etc. just to name a few. A good place to start is Militaryhire.com.  Get your resume on there.  You'll get hits.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I know its a very long shot, but does anyone know who may be hiring in the Treasure Valley, Idaho.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess I am a giant effing douchebag of a loser.  I have posted my resume on all of the sites and I haven't gotten a single email or hit yet.  It has been 6 months.  I can't even get a gig sweeping floors. WFT?!!!?!!??
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I am with you, simply frustrated...

Originally Posted By DV8:
I guess I am a giant effing douchebag of a loser.  I have posted my resume on all of the sites and I haven't gotten a single email or hit yet.  It has been 6 months.  I can't even get a gig sweeping floors. WFT?!!!?!!??

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Ecomony is sucking....uncertainty over the new president, etc.  A lot of it has slowed down...but on the other hand...have someone take a look at your resume.  Could be that the format is off or something....believe it or not....that will make the difference between 25 hits and no hits.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Ecomony is sucking....uncertainty over the new president, etc.  A lot of it has slowed down...but on the other hand...have someone take a look at your resume.  Could be that the format is off or something....believe it or not....that will make the difference between 25 hits and no hits.  

Thanks.  I posted my resume in early August and have been checking on it fairly regularly.  My resume was done professionally.  I think I have been out of the .mil for too long, but hell, even some of the areas I have current expertise in I get no response.

Oh well.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Thanks.  I posted my resume in early August and have been checking on it fairly regularly.  My resume was done professionally.  I think I have been out of the .mil for too long, but hell, even some of the areas I have current expertise in I get no response.

Oh well.

Only other thing I can suggest is if you're lookin for .mil type of contract work...go to www.militayhire.com and become VERY proactive.  Apply, apply again, apply again again.  LOL.  Bug the hell outa em until they call you for an interview.  I've landed a couple of contracts from that site over the years.

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#35]
goodness...this one's been around for 5 years and still kicking.
Link Posted: 2/4/2009 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#36]
camber.com
dcscorp.com
wylelabs.com

Here are some of the smaller defense contractors in my area.  Mostly technical fields.  These are good stable companies that will relocate employees as appose to lay off.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Anybody have any scoop on the maritime scene?  Who's hiring?  Who's not?  Who the "ones to work for" are?  Have a little cousin who just graduated from Texas A&M Maritime Academy and he's looking for a job.  I'm trying to lend him a hand.  Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
With the way the economy seems to be going, I figured I'd expand on this and put up some links that are not as geared at ex military.  

I have a database of almost 3 MB of job board links.....so this will be a work in progress....stay tuned.

International Job Boards

Bilingual Jobs
Career Builder Canada
Career Builder Germany
Career Builder UK

National

4Jobs.com
America's Job Bank
Career Meta Search
CareerOneStop
ComputeJobs.com
Diversityworking.com
Flipdog.com
Freshjobs.com
indeed.com
jobcircle.com
JobsintheUS.com
Jobvertise.com
NationJob.com
RecruitUSA.com
Snag A Job
SoftwareJobs.com
Top Echelon
Workeforce HR Jobs

In the coming days I will be adding job board links aimed at the State and City levels and then a few that will be broken up by industry.  

Be patient!  :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#39]
My father in law is living with me here north of ATL.  He's an Army vet and has been in the custom cabinet industry for over 20 years or so.  Anyone in my neck of the woods in GA that has any ideas for him, I'd love to hear from you.  Please IM me.

82nd

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By EightySecond:
My father in law is living with me here north of ATL.  He's an Army vet and has been in the custom cabinet industry for over 20 years or so.  Anyone in my neck of the woods in GA that has any ideas for him, I'd love to hear from you.  Please IM me.

82nd

nothing happening around ft. benning?
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#41]
bump
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
Originally Posted By EightySecond:

82nd

nothing happening around ft. benning?

Benning is a good ways away from North Atlanta.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Am also looking. I was a combat engineer in the 82nd (sapper). Got out in 04 as an E5. If you see anything pm or post it up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RickNC:
Am also looking. I was a combat engineer in the 82nd (sapper). Got out in 04 as an E5. If you see anything pm or post it up. Thanks.

All the Way brother!

Link Posted: 3/12/2009 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Got an offer for Dyncorp in Qatar. The pay isn't what a lot of overseas jobs are paying for similar work. Not sure where you guys see those 75K+ security jobs overseas. Only ones I see are for ex special ops guys. Triple canopy, blackwater, etc won't seem to touch anyone who wasn't a seal or other operator.

I was researching a lot of info on Dyncorop in Qatar and found a good amount of bad press. I may turn it down due to that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Got an offer for Dyncorp in Qatar. The pay isn't what a lot of overseas jobs are paying for similar work. Not sure where you guys see those 75K+ security jobs overseas. Only ones I see are for ex special ops guys. Triple canopy, blackwater, etc won't seem to touch anyone who wasn't a seal or other operator.

I was researching a lot of info on Dyncorop in Qatar and found a good amount of bad press. I may turn it down due to that.

Qatar is not considered "hazardous" and therefore doesn't pay nearly as much as jobs in Afghanistan or Iraq.  In my field (commo) Qatar pays about 75ish.  I'm currently on contract to Iraq for 150K.  So I'd have to say you're just not looking in the right places.  

www.militaryhire.com is a good place to start.  I've landed several contracts from that site.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Qatar is not considered "hazardous" and therefore doesn't pay nearly as much as jobs in Afghanistan or Iraq.  In my field (commo) Qatar pays about 75ish.  I'm currently on contract to Iraq for 150K.  So I'd have to say you're just not looking in the right places.  

www.militaryhire.com is a good place to start.  I've landed several contracts from that site.

I understand why Qatar is lower paying but 40K for a year?  Come on. Not to mention I found a lot of bad stuff about that contract just by googling "dyncorp qatar". I am  nervous about this job due to what I read.  I am on militaryhire. That site doesn't seem to have too much traffic.

Link Posted: 3/13/2009 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#48]

I understand why Qatar is lower paying but 40K for a year?  Come on. Not to mention I found a lot of bad stuff about that contract just by googling "dyncorp qatar". I am  nervous about this job due to what I read.  I am on militaryhire. That site doesn't seem to have too much traffic.

You and I must be in different job fields.  Militaryhire is where I always land my contracts from.  You're right, 40K does sound a little low.  Remember though....that is potentially tax free money....so 40K means 40K.  If you're in a position to turn it down.....I think I'd wait for something else to come along, but if you are hurting, might not be a bad gig.  At least in Qatar there are things to do....rent atvs and jet skis, golf, etc.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't view all six pages so sorry if this is a repost, but check out MPRI if you're looking for a overseas contract. They hire mostly retired officers but have many positions available. I recently returned from two years in Kabul and I'd do it again. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#50]

You and I must be in different job fields.  Militaryhire is where I always land my contracts from.  You're right, 40K does sound a little low.  Remember though....that is potentially tax free money....so 40K means 40K.  If you're in a position to turn it down.....I think I'd wait for something else to come along, but if you are hurting, might not be a bad gig.  At least in Qatar there are things to do....rent atvs and jet skis, golf, etc.

True but then again I have heard many bad things about them online. Some guys on that exact contract got screwed with pay. Something about when they arrived in country they were told they were now working for a different company and had no recourse unless they filed suit in Qatar courts. They got nowhere. Scary stuff. I am not hurting yet.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top