Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2017 3:23:14 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I was honorably discharged from the USMC in 2011. In the summer of 2015 I had a calcaneal osteotomy, which is basically when they saw your heel off and screw it back on. I have no VA rating.

I've got a Bachelors and Masters degree in math and am currently working in finance. My GPA was ~3.9 both times. Tons of extra curricular (President of an Honor Society, etc) I'd really like to join the Air Force as an officer, but I'm having a heck of a time getting a hold of USAF Officer Recruiters. In fairness, it's only been a week or so but I'd like to ask here if anyone knows or can point out whether my surgery is waiverable.

I can run, jump, shoot, etc (not that the AF does much of those things I kid I kid). Physically being able to do it isn't what I'm worried about (I know it is what they are worried about) just whether or not they will let me in.

I've already been to MEPS a decade ago so I'm familiar with how it works. I'm just wondering if I should even get my hopes up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You can google the medical requirements to enlist or commission.
 If you can't find it, PM me
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not contact a Marine OSO?  

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks NotIssued

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not contact a Marine OSO?  

View Quote
I would fail land Nav at TBS. 100%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top