Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 5:06:21 PM EDT
Going to an Air Base.  I'm supposed to bring my SURF.  I'm not in the Air Force, so I don't know what a SURF is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Superconducting Filters for Ultra-Sensitive Radio Frequency Receivers
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It's basically your personnel record summary... a printout that has all your personal data such as name, rank, time in service, time in grade, career field, medals, education, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Going to an Air Base.  I'm supposed to bring my SURF.  I'm not in the Air Force, so I don't know what a SURF is.
View Quote

It goes with the "Turf" at the club's dinner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's basically your personnel record summary... a printout that has all your personal data such as name, rank, time in service, time in grade, career field, medals, education, etc, etc.
View Quote
Basically this.  

OP, you won't have one if you haven't been in the AF.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the term come up regarding movement, training, or processing in on the next base?  If so, it seems to refer to some kind of personnel data print out or data file.  Never heard of it in my 28 yrs in the AF.  Spend a couple of minutes searching goggle without a good result.  Call your gaining unit and ask them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did the term come up regarding movement, training, or processing in on the next base?  If so, it seems to refer to some kind of personnel data print out or data file.  Never heard of it in my 28 yrs in the AF.  Spend a couple of minutes searching goggle without a good result.  Call your gaining unit and ask them.
View Quote
It might only be for officers, but don't quote me on that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
It does include enlisted
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It does include enlisted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does include enlisted
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If you happen to be in the Army, its an ERB or ORB.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool.  I'll bring my old service record, plus some Superconducting Filters for Ultra-Sensitive Radio Frequency Receivers, 10 pounds of lobster and a handful of Russian peasants just to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Oddly, I lived in Sewickley Heights for ten years prior to enlisting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cool.  I'll bring my old service record, plus some Superconducting Filters for Ultra-Sensitive Radio Frequency Receivers, 10 pounds of lobster and a handful of Russian peasants just to be sure.
View Quote
Add condoms and a man jumper to your list because you never know what you will need to gain their trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top