Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 9:05:36 PM EDT
Retired, turned in all equipment to CIF, supply etc.  Still have many deployment boxes filled with uniforms, boots, service uniforms and 20+ years of hoarding crap.  What are legal ways to reduce the volume other than the garbage can.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ebay, Craigslist ee.

Got any massif ocp free jackets in xxl long?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave most of my things to my nephew and his friends for paintball and airsoft use.

Come to find out that I had no idea what I had in some instances, and I gave away about $12,000 (of collector value) worth of items before I stopped.

Not that I minded sharing my old gear with the kids, but I learned a valuable lesson about checking things out before giving them away!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
as long as you pull the name tapes and unit patches off, you can do whatever you want with them.
hell, if you go to the surplus store you can find all sorts of uniformswith tapes and patches still on them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My stuff's still in boxes in cold storage in the garage attic. No idea what I'll ever do with it. No rush, either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
as long as you pull the name tapes and unit patches off, you can do whatever you want with them.
hell, if you go to the surplus store you can find all sorts of uniformswith tapes and patches still on them.
View Quote
Yep, surplus store. Trade that shit in.

After 22 years in, all I have left is one set of BDUs and jungle boots, and my Class A jacket still set up, because my kids like it and think it's impressive, with ribbons and shit.

Between me and my buddy, who donated his DBDUs to the effort, I traded all my shit in for a Ka-Bar and a Camelbak BFM.

Dump it and get something useful.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I donated a bunch of ACUs to a local JROTC unit. Figured they might actually get some good use out of them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Surplus store
Goodwill
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If its still usable give it to the base thrift store or just hold onto it and use it for rags or yards work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
send it to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top