Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2017 5:29:07 PM EDT

Am I the only one who runned away laughing out loud with sarcams when I saw that in KAF ? 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The t-walls near the entrance to the PX were hilarious.  I wish I had taken more pics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
kandahar?
saw what in particular? i was there in 05, i'm sure it's changed a lot since
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Poo Pond Vacation Club...Gold Card member checking in...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Area fifty poo
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
there was an army major trying to move the crap pond off base then
that thing is still on post???
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Was a dusty place in Nov 2001.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I just remember getting yelled at for not saluting when I was there by some Air Force Cpt circa 2013. Granted, I had just came from an area where we didn't salute at all. Just thought it was weird to salute there cause as an E5 I would just be walking around with my hand in a permanent salute trying to find  make my way to the PX to buy smokes
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was a dusty place in Nov 2001.
View Quote
Yes it was.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just remember getting yelled at for not saluting when I was there by some Air Force Cpt circa 2013. Granted, I had just came from an area where we didn't salute at all. Just thought it was weird to salute there cause as an E5 I would just be walking around with my hand in a permanent salute trying to find  make my way to the PX to buy smokes
View Quote
It was no salute in '10
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
i was In BAF 2011, enlisted air force.  it was a permanent salute type location.  then they gave us multicam uniforms without official air force insignia and we had to have them made by the asian seamstress people.  

three stripes and a star became a messy light brown blob and the army enlisted started saluting me here and there as a major, i assumed.  

that cant be aa confusing as navy rank on army uniforma though.  petty officers be lookin like bird colonels.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#11]
KAF became a salute zone in 2011 when 10th mountain took over.  That was a pretty sweet transition period listening to retarded officer shark attack attempts for a few weeks

I was there in 2015/16 and the poo pond had been pumped out to a field near camp Hero.  They had started closing the majority of the base off with t walls right up to the (former) NATO hardstands near the boardwalk.  Boardwalk only had 3-4 shops left.  Dutch PX and restaurant were still open, German px was closed, green beans by the hospital and the shitty coffee place on the boardwalk were still open.  The dope pizza/gyro place is still there, that was awesome to come back to from out and about when it opened around 2010.

Niagara and far east dfacs were open, along with camp browns and the one on the south side of the airfield.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at Frontenac but came down to KAF a few times a month. I am pretty sure the PooPond is responsible for my thyroid issues.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I was at Khandahar early (jan) 01...I must have missed the coffee shop lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

TGIF on the Boardwalk.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was at Khandahar early (jan) 01...I must have missed the coffee shop lol
View Quote
Back in JAN 2001, the coffee shop was still being operated by the Taliban, so it wasn't very well advertised.

I got there on 29 JAN 02, before the Poo Pond, the Boardwalk, and Green Beans were even considerations. Hell, I remember our deputy brigade commander almost losing a foot when he went out to show the shit-sucker-truck platoon leader the area the Jordanians had flailed for the poo pond. The DCO was kicking at the ground, assuring the LT that the area had been cleared of mines, when he noticed a Soviet mine about 3-4" in front of the furthest point his boot tip had hit. Needless to say, the Jordanians were back at it that afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I left before those jackwagons at 10th Mountain made it a salute zone.  I do miss me the Asian defac though
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I left before those jackwagons at 10th Mountain made it a salute zone.  I do miss me the Asian defac though
View Quote
I still can't eat stir fry. Ugh....

Up by the flightline was a nice change of pace, though.  And I liked the coffee shop they opened in 2011 by the RLB's, since it was right by me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I miss Tim Horton's and the cute Canadian girls serving the coffee there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I still can't eat stir fry. Ugh....

Up by the flightline was a nice change of pace, though.  And I liked the coffee shop they opened in 2011 by the RLB's, since it was right by me.
View Quote
Afghan Coffee House.  Loved that place, even if there always seemed to be a pogue 1SG sitting next to the side door glaring at everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top