Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2017 12:09:00 AM EDT
Hello,
There was a thread where veterans could post and ask for the icon of which branch they served in.  I posted there and I don't think the Coast Guard has an icon.  Is there plans to get a Coast Guard Icon?  If not, could you just give us the Navy one until then?  The Coast Guard has the same rank structure as the Navy, and during times of war we fall under their command (at least when I was in).  While in the Coast Guard I went to many Navy schools (electronic warfare, damage control, etc) and bases for training, so I wouldn't care if you just gave us the Navy icon in the meantime.  That being said, Navy guys are still squids to me and there was a reason why they used to have their names stenciled on the back of their pants.  Thanks, from a former puddle pirate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering about teh branch specific tags.  Where/how do we get one?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to know also.

How do I get my USAF icon?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:59:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and now it doesn't work...
View Quote
It does work. You just need mil access to see it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

mkayy.  will get around to finding out how to get that, then the rest, in due time
View Quote
@RED_5

Scan DD214, redact PII but not name (like SSN) and email to [email protected].  (Include your username!)

Or email from a .mil account.

ETA:  I guess Puddle Pirates wouldn't get a DD214 since they aren't DoD... so whatever form DHS gives you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:37:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Coast Guard really a branch of the military? I kid, I kid...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@RED_5

Scan DD214, redact PII but not name (like SSN) and email to [email protected].  (Include your username!)

Or email from a .mil account.

ETA:  I guess Puddle Pirates wouldn't get a DD214 since they aren't DoD... so whatever form DHS gives you.
View Quote
Squids being squidley.

The Puddle Pirates do in fact have DD214s.  We even get a DD Form 2 (Retired) ID if you retire after 20 years.  Hell!  We even get paid by the same pay scale as Squidleys!  Isn't that just enough to make a Squidley squirm!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top