Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2016 5:43:51 PM EDT
These were made by my mom, for me, to honor my G'pas

One served in Europe and one late in the Pacific.

DOD couldn't provide any record for my Grandfather who served in the Pacific.  We don't even know what unit he was in.  Apparently his records were lost, maybe in the fire.

Anyway, enjoy.

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice....  

Also, I recognized My Dad's favorite brand in the bottom one.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
very nice tribute to your GF.

that paycheck in your shadow box reminded me of a funny incident that happened to me back in 76 about a year after I came in. we used to  report for pay to the company commander and get paid in cash. well, at the end of FY 76 I received a check from Army finance in the amount of 7 cents. they apparently short changed me 7 cent in that FY, I thought it was funny so I kept the check and didn't cash it, for 7 cents HA-HA. if it was a dollar I would have definitely cashed it, that was nearly  half a carton of smokes right there. I still recall a carton of  cigarettes  at the commissary was $2.80, which was still substantial amount when you "Take home"  was like 200 some bucks per month.

well end of FY 77 rolls around, and a month later I get a letter from Army finance tell me I need to cash the check so they can close out their book for the previous FY. by this time I probably threw it away. my squad leader informed me  that I need to write them and tell them that I lost the check.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a simple one I put together for my dad after my grandfather passed. Grandpa served in the Navy during WW2. The three spent casings were fired by the local VFW when he was interred.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top