Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:56:52 AM EDT
I just want to do some easy online "learning" and use my GI Bill. I tried AMU 3 years ago and the online interface drove me insane but I'll try it again if it's easier to use.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumpage
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Columubia Southern University Online
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not the first guy to use GI Bill months to help pay the rent, but why not try to get some legit credits or training at the same time?  If nothing else, your state university probably has an online program that generates credits that look just like real credits when you are done.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're not the first guy to use GI Bill months to help pay the rent, but why not try to get some legit credits or training at the same time?  If nothing else, your state university probably has an online program that generates credits that look just like real credits when you are done.
View Quote

I really do appreciate the advice but I don't need credit nor training as I'm pretty well established at my job and doing well for myself. I just want to use my GI Bill before I lose it and get some pocket money plus expand my horizons some.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't get easier than AMU.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't get easier than AMU.....
View Quote

Top rated is University of Maryland University college according to the Military Times.  Still researching. I hated the online forum style of AMU in 2013, hope it's changed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll admit their online classroom isn't the greatest...I guess I've just become accustomed to it.  I took my first class with them in the 2006 time frame and am just now finishing up my MBA with them (fuck yea!!!).  

I've talked to other folks who have taken online classes from other institutions and their experience seems "harder" than mine has been.  8 week classes, painless GI bill payments, difficult, but not impossible assignments and standards.  Seems like a no brainer to me....you just have to do the work.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Use your GI bill to go to a tech school in something that ypu like. I went to MMI. 5 hours a day and no studying plus 50% off snapon tools. Lots of tech schools, welding,electrician, pilots school etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Semi necropost?
A lot of the dudes I deployed with went through Southern New Hampshire State University (or something just like that).
They all moved on (not necessarily "up") and out...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I was in the same situation as you op, I ended up going to strayer university.. it sucks but there is a campus less than an hour away right outside of dc, bah there is $2280/mo... so I make the drive once a week to attend class, and take 2 others online for max $$

The classes suck but if you can maximize your money I highly suggest a "full time" load to get as much as possible. No sense in taking only online courses and letting over 50% of that bah go to waste.
what part of va are you in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top