Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2016 6:57:46 PM EDT
What did you do with yours?
I still have my Dress Blues and Class-A's with Service caps from the Army.
A bunch of BDU's, Field Jackets,and 6 color desert camo too, yes I got out awhile ago.
Thing is, were selling our house and downsizing and I really don't need them anymore.
Is there somepalce to donate them or do I moving sale the stuff?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Gave every bit of it away except my utilities, boots, ribbons and one set of chevrons before I processed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have all my uniforms, plus my fathers uniforms and a closet full of other peoples uniforms going back to WWI.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Antique stores are full of old dress uniforms.  They just gather dust.  Most museums and vet organizations are likewise fully stocked.  The BDU's etc are useful to hunters and the like.  Those should sell at a garage sale.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
My blues and alphas are hanging in my closet. Everything else is in a seabag in my basement. I can not get myself to get rid of any of it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
When I ets'd in early 1971 at Fort Lewis, they asked if we wanted to donate or turn in anything.

Like a fool, I gave them everything except the clothes that I was wearing.

Now I've spent the last few years trying to replace some of it with the correct sizes and contract dates.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My blues and alphas are hanging in my closet. Everything else is in a seabag in my basement. I can not get myself to get rid of any of it.
View Quote

I sold my blue's I bought while I was in so I had to but another set for my wedding.

Other than that I have everything hanging in my closet now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll keep the blues, class-a's, one desert camo top,
an OD M-65, and my gortex parka. I'll find a way to keep the flak jacket and k-pot.
The rest will go to sale. I don't want to get rid of all of my history.
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What did you do with yours?
I still have my Dress Blues and Class-A's with Service caps from the Army.
A bunch of BDU's, Field Jackets,and 6 color desert camo too, yes I got out awhile ago.
Thing is, were selling our house and downsizing and I really don't need them anymore.
Is there somepalce to donate them or do I moving sale the stuff?
View Quote

Might want to check with your local VFW or American Legion to see if they have contacts for uniform donations.  I mean technically you could put it all in Goodwill or the Salvation Army etc, but there's no guarantee it will be a .mil person who gets it from those organizations.

And most of my stuff is still in a few boxes... well except for a pair of blue coveralls that I used for painting.  I saved most of my stuff because of what happened to Dad...  when he got out, my grandmother threw most of his stuff out.  So almost all of his WW2-era uniforms... pfft.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm the treasurer for an organization that provides uniforms to families of deceased veterans that what them buried in their uniforms.
We do this at no cost to the family.
Send them to us if you want. PM me for the address. It is a 501 3c org.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I cut mine up and tossed them in a dumpster.  I have a set of unworn mess dress I'll likely put on Ebay.  When I retire, I'll do some quick looking for a place to send my ASUs, but will likely shitcan them as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
All in Rubbermaid totes stored in the garage
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I came across a Rubbermaid container full of UCP ACUs. Any suggestions? I wondered if there were any local ROTC or JROTC organizations that would take them. Has anyone done something similar?

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
In my duffle in the shed where it's been for over 40 years.  Someday I'll dig it out and open it up just to see what's in there.  The only thing I've kept at hand are decorations and my DD214.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
My Class A's and my Mess Dress are hanging in the closet. Retired 22 years ago and they still fit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top