Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2016 4:56:33 PM EDT
I had no idea that the recruitment of Filipino nationals into the Navy stopped almost 25 years ago.

LA Time article dated '92:

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-27/local/me-3911_1_filipino-sailors

Then again it barely hit my radar screen in '92 that the base agreement ended and we all but lost Subic Bay as a base.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That's odd, I went to A school with several Phillipinos. Lived in Phillipines, enlisted in Phillipines. Seabees attached to a San Fran unit.
This was in 2009
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's odd, I went to A school with several Phillipinos. Lived in Phillipines, enlisted in Phillipines. Seabees attached to a San Fran unit.
This was in 2009
View Quote

Same here and I enlisted in 2011.  

They were a cool bunch though.  One was prior Philippine military (forgot which branch) but he said one time that the Filipino strategy for war is and will always be "call the Americans for help"
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing alot of Philipinos at Lackland AFB going through MA school.  They seemed like decent enough folks.  I did hear the 'Pinos who made it to Chief were a thick and evil bunch though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top