Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2015 6:30:29 AM EDT
....tragic...and where's the ACCOUNTABILITY?

“Having your big gun down in a firefight, honestly it's going to be a big 'Oh fuck' moment.”
View Quote

When Big Guns Go Down

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucked for Spc. McMahon, I really hope they checked the headspace and timing before firing that M2.

When a .50 fires out of battery, you don't want to be nearby.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering if my .50 goes down on my boat, I am reduced to a M4 as the primary gunner..... I hope my coxswain steers the boat in a way we can bring a 240 into the fight from mid boat. If not I'm going to run my gun until I am empty! That being said we have had some serious weapons malfunctions on everything from the 9MM to the 76MM since I have been in and nothing has caused injuries to the shooters or gun crew...I have seen locking blocks fail on the M9. Everything from magazines to gas blocks and barrels on M16/M4 rifles. Barrel extensions, firing pins, top covers on M2  mg's and luckily have not had injuries from my crews, maybe I am lucky but our gear has worked so far.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucked for Spc. McMahon, I really hope they checked the headspace and timing before firing that M2.

View Quote

Not sure if they were being fielded in 2010, but it if was a M2A1, then you don't head space and time the barrels.

That said the M2A1s we had in 2012 were nothing but fucking problems. We found a unit on our base that wasn't doing missions and swapped for regular M2s for the rest of the deployment.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure if they were being fielded in 2010, but it if was a M2A1, then you don't head space and time the barrels.

That said the M2A1s we had in 2012 were nothing but fucking problems. We found a unit on our base that wasn't doing missions and swapped for regular M2s for the rest of the deployment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the A1's, mainly because ive been next to an M2 when it popped out of battery, and because they seem to fire a bit faster.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]
.50's man.... still the most wtf moment I've heard of causing a safety bulletin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top