Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2015 7:28:37 PM EDT
Hello everybody I was wondering if I could join the military I know I could do it but I have a fairly serious flaw. My right shoulder doesn't work fully like I can lift it above my head but it won't go up 100%. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to join the military but I'm not sure if they'd even consider me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Hello everybody I was wondering if I could join the military I know I could do it but I have a fairly serious flaw. My right shoulder doesn't work fully like I can lift it above my head but it won't go up 100%. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to join the military but I'm not sure if they'd even consider me.
View Quote
Ask your local recruiter.

EDIT: That will likely require a medical waiver if it's not an outright disqualifier. I don't know what your actual medical diagnosis is, and I probably wouldn't know anyways.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Something like brachial plexus palsy but I got surgery which did make it better. Turns out dirt bikes can be dangerous at fast speeds and not paying full attention
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Also I'm considering being a combat engineer and if I can't do that I'll look into welding or mechanics
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also I'm considering being a combat engineer and if I can't do that I'll look into welding or mechanics
View Quote
MOS likely won't matter in that.

Go talk to your local recruiter - he will give you a straight answer quickly.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a copy of your records and go ask a recruiter.  They may have to send the records up before sending you to phys.

<---any recruiting info I have is "old" and may not apply anymore.  

ETA:  do what  JSteensen said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top