Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 12:10:02 PM EDT
The rifle cable lock that you get issued in bootcamp?  The kind that takes a combo lock.  I looked everywhere and can't find mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You better hope the SDI doesn't see this post.  He'll let the heavy DI fucking kill you.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone needs to kiss some ass down at the armory.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Dafuq?
I didn't get a rifle cable lock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to trade something ///////////   Reappropriation   of government equipment...  someone ask how you got it...  I got this at the last DRMO auction  it was in the bottom of a box of metal brackets I got for 5 bucks...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damnit

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
They give you a rifle lock at basic!? What the fuck bullshit is that!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you stationed?  I just graduated boot camp and the PX at both edson range and MCRD sell them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They give you a rifle lock at basic!? What the fuck bullshit is that!
View Quote

Just a steel cable that accepts a normal padlock, you use it just for traveling.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Still have  mine. got it 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dafuq?
View Quote

Me neither.
When did they start issuing them
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw the cable for sale in the military clothing/tacticool section of MCRD San Diego's Exchange (main side, upstairs).

Mine's somewhere in my house in a box.

I remember having to lock my M-16 to my hooch mate's M-16 during the Crucible.  Two cables w/two locks, up the mag well and out the ejection port.  I guess they A) figured it'd be a bit harder for one of us to lose our rifle, and/or B) figured it'd be harder for one of use to do something stupid with our rifle without the other recruit knowing about it.

We mainly used the cable to lock our M-16's to the rifle racks on the bulkheads of the squadbay, in addition to the main cable which was locked by the DI.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me neither.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dafuq?

Me neither.

We had to sleep with our M4s and the DSs would come around at night to try to take them.  If one got taken without waking up the Private, the whole company got some midnight PT.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
If your near a Home Depot see if they will make one for you and let you pay for the components. They usually have a Sleeve crimper there for sale but if you ask nicely they might let you use it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Not talking shit about branches, but I wonder if its a Marine thing?
I went to Army basic in '97 and we didnt get anything like that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Marines get their rifles at the first week of recruit training.  They carry them everywhere they go and lock them up at night in the squad bay they sleep in.  The requirement is to have the weapon double locked, so the cable lock is part of the requirement along with the cages on the rear bulkhead of the squad bay.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We had to sleep with our M4s and the DSs would come around at night to try to take them.  If one got taken without waking up the Private, the whole company got some midnight PT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dafuq?

Me neither.

Only did that during FTX... At which point I would wrap the sling around my arm, and sleep with it in my poncho roll. I was NOT about to get fucked up for that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Marines get their rifles at the first week of recruit training.  They carry them everywhere they go and lock them up at night in the squad bay they sleep in.  The requirement is to have the weapon double locked, so the cable lock is part of the requirement along with the cages on the rear bulkhead of the squad bay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? We locked ours to our bunks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did too. If looking towards the center line of the squad bay with your back at the windows, upper bunk had right rear bed post and lower had left. I still have 2 of my 3 PI-issue locks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top