Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2015 11:51:05 PM EDT
The VA rep I talked to on the phone was clueless and said she'll find out and call me back . The veteran counselor at the school has no idea and told me to call the VA, so I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

Backstory, I applied and was accepted to Kennesaw State. Before I started or even submitted my GI Bill verification letter to KSU, I was notified that my program was dropped. So I applied to Chattahoochee Tech, got accepted and am supposed to start in June. When I applied for the GI Bill, I listed KSU as the school, but now I'm going to Chatt Tech instead.

Does it not matter and do I just submit the letter I already have?, or do I have to go back through the VA and reapply under the new school?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The VA rep I talked to on the phone was clueless and said she'll find out and call me back . The veteran counselor at the school has no idea and told me to call the VA, so I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

Backstory, I applied and was accepted to Kennesaw State. Before I started or even submitted my GI Bill verification letter to KSU, I was notified that my program was dropped. So I applied to Chattahoochee Tech, got accepted and am supposed to start in June. When I applied for the GI Bill, I listed KSU as the school, but now I'm going to Chatt Tech instead.

Does it not matter and do I just submit the letter I already have?, or do I have to go back through the VA and reapply under the new school?
View Quote

Doesn't matter what you put on the initial application.  Do you have a current letter from the VA that lists current/remaining months go GI Bill?  If so, that is all you need to take (a copy) to the VA rep at the new school.

Which GI Bill btw?  Got an eBenefits account?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't matter.  Take your NOBe to the veteran's rep at the new school's financial office/registrar.  They certify your enrollment and you gets your money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top