Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2015 1:49:11 AM EDT
Got a guy claiming to be TACP who's trying to date my fiance's best friend. Any surefire questions to ask him? They met on a dating website and he immediately told her he's in special ops (bullshit strike 1) and uses special forces and special operations interchangeably (bullshit strike 2). I want strike 3 for this sucker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Got a guy claiming to be TACP who's trying to date my fiance's best friend. Any surefire questions to ask him? They met on a dating website and he immediately told her he's in special ops (bullshit strike 1) and uses special forces and special operations interchangeably (bullshit strike 2). I want strike 3 for this sucker.
View Quote
Ask him specific questions about ordnance.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask for some GLINT tape.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask him for a CAS 9 line
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus.  He will end up being security forces.  I just know it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
ask what the TACP motto is
ADVISE, ASSIST, CONTROL
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was shooting for something that you can't Google but I think she started to catch on to what I was getting at and asked him why he kept saying Special Forces when she was pretty sure that was an Army thing. He back peddled real quick and his story kinda fell apart. Then he stopped responding  to her and appeared to delete his profile. Wish I could have gotten that guy's name. Thanks for the suggestions though fellas.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:44:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Ask for pics of him wearing his beret.  It better be black and have a metal flash, not blue and embroidered.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ask for pics of him wearing his beret.  It better be black and have a metal flash, not blue and embroidered.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

Most TACPs were cops...LOL

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask him how many ways the USAF has to refuse to support non-SOF forces in contact?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
See how many burpees he can do
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Shit, just ask him what it stands for, I had to google it
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's funny right there...   I swear, security forces must be some of the biggest jackoffs in the military.  Thankfully we never had to deal with them, the only AF guys we ever knew were the TACPs that were attached to our Bn...  

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
TACP are different depending on the service.  The Air Force it is AFSC while Marines it is a group of people that include FACs, AOs, JTACs, JFOs, scout observers and radio operators
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I was security forces....and I feel that we had a high rate of jaggofs.  

I wasn't one of them.  I got out rather than be part of the jaggoffery any longer.  But they are not all bad; just what you get when you comprise a military law enforcement outfit of mostly people who don't want to be there and then force them into an additional role of defense force without adequate training.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Simple.

Ask him if he knows what a ROMAD is...
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Simple.

Ask him if he knows what a ROMAD is...
View Quote

And if he is a Sailor or Marine assigned to a TACP?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ask him for a CAS 9 line
View Quote

This.

However I was TACP when TACP wasent cool. Back in the 90's.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who claims to be TACP?  Seriously.

He probably is TACP, but assigned to an infantry unit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#20]
ID air guard has TACPs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top