Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2015 3:06:08 PM EDT
I recently moved all my precriptions over to the VA (since I got kicked off ObamaCare because I'm enrolled in the VA).  My question is how far in advance should I refill my prescriptions?  I don't want to wait until I'm out.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You can order them at any time they will send them about 2 weeks before you run out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If you order your prescriptions online.  You will get a submit refill box to the right of every prescription.

Whenever that box pops up, you can click on it and your prescription will be refilled as soon as the prescription date allows it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I couldn't find anything on myhealthevet about when I was supposed to do it.  Kinda takes care of itself then.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I couldn't find anything on myhealthevet about when I was supposed to do it.  Kinda takes care of itself then.
View Quote

NO it doesn't actually take care of itself...  When you logon to myhealthvet, on the top to the left of the screen, click on Pharmacy.

When it opens you will see box on the left of the screen that says "Refill My Prescriptions".  Click on it. Then look at your prescriptions and look

for a box on the right of your prescriptions that says "Select to refill". Click on it. If NO   box appears, you have no prescriptions

that are ready for refilling.... Hope this makes it a little clearer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah! Gotcha, mines got the little box next to it.  I just click it, or check it, and hit submit, and they'll send them when its time?

ETA: Skidman, your avatar is.....................disturbing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah! Gotcha, mines got the little box next to it.  I just click it, or check it, and hit submit, and they'll send them when its time?

ETA: Skidman, your avatar is.....................disturbing.
View Quote

That is correct, when you click on the box and submit it, they will send your prescription when it's time.... BUT you MUST do that EVERYTIME that a refill is needed... It's NOT automatic!

I know that my avatar is disturbing... But it speaks the truth!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I do mine by phone. I call one week before I need them. This also provides time for my doc to resubmit an order if the VA pharmacy has their wires crossed.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep track of how many refills you have remaining. When you submit your last refill, then e-mail your primary care team, list the prescription number and ask your doc to reauthorize it. Otherwise, you will run out because the pharmacy does not automatically ask your doc about 0 refill remaining prescriptions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top