Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 5:28:23 PM EDT
It has to be so simple I'm overlooking it.  What is the ribbon with the arrow pointed towards it?

While there are obviously several duplicates pictured, the other ones are a DFC, Air Medal(w OLC as opposed to numeral), Asia Pacific Campaign Medal(3 stars), WWII Victory Medal.

I'm leaning towards American Campaign Medal(faded/discolored with age).  They were all stored differently, thus different fading.

Also, does anyone know when the Air Medal transitioned from OLCs to Numerals?  The orders dated 5 March 1945 state OLC.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you are right, American campaign medal. Couple of pics I found, the second one kinda looks like it aged the same

Yea its a big ass pic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.  American Campaign Medal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Air Medals are still OLCs.  There is a V for Valor, but extra medals are OLCs.  5 is a silver OLC instead of bronze.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top