Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2015 10:45:30 PM EDT
When one of your Soldiers asks you "How far below the shoulder seam is the shoulder sleeve insignia worn?", what do you tell them?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I tell them to ask their Section Chief or, now, Team Sergeant.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Look it up. I thought it was 1", but I don't remember.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When one of your Soldiers asks you "How far below the shoulder seam is the shoulder sleeve insignia worn?", what do you tell them?
View Quote

We don't sew those on the ASU, and we use the Velcro patches on the ACU's and OCP's......... Trick Board questions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I shouldn't have said that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, I didn't ask about where it is sewn. I asked how it is worn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't sew those on the ASU, and we use the Velcro patches on the ACU's and OCP's......... Trick Board questions?

Well, I didn't ask about where it is sewn. I asked how it is worn.

Doesn't apply to ASU's,  ACU/OCP's centered on the Velcro, below where the arm pocket flap closes on the sleeve
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Ugh. Was hoping I deleted that before someone could quote it.

Anyone else care to offer an answer?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
On Army Class A's the unit patch/Tab is 1/2" below the shoulder seam.

IIRC Class A's wearout date has passed FY 2014 so now we only wear the ASU.

Free

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

ASU's don't have a shoulder sleeve insignia.

ACU's you center that in the middle of the Velcro.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Patches go 1/2 in below the shoulder seam on the old Class A dress uniform, BDU and DCU uniforms. Curiosity (and sometimer's disease) got the better of me and I checked my old uniforms. I have no idea about the new uniforms. I got out in 96.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Less than an inch below the shoulder line when I got out in 1971... Have no idea what it is now since they are using Velcro attachments.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If one of my soldiers would ask me that, I'd ask them which regulation covered wear and appearance of the Army uniform.

When they gave the correct answer, I'd look at them with this look and then remind them to go look it up.

If they needed help interpreting the answer, once they had the AR paper or digital copy at hand, then I would help.

Giving them the answer does not teach them anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top