Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 11:51:44 PM EDT
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140904/NEWS/309040052/Commander-Western-Regional-Medical-Command-suspended-Army-says

On the job less than a year.

Sounds like he was a scapegoat.

Haven't spoken with him in 20 years.

Good guy at the time, have a hard time believing he changed.

First general officer of Korean descent.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It does sound like he is being scapegoated, part of the backlash from the VA scandals.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no idea about your buddy, but the idea of holding flag/general officers accountable really appeals to me.  The military is pretty quick to hold the junior ranks to standards.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no idea about your buddy, but the idea of holding flag/general officers accountable really appeals to me.  The military is pretty quick to hold the junior ranks to standards.
View Quote

This can only mean that the Army is losing faith in CYA PowerPoint presentations as a replacement for actual leadership.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Scapegoat or not, retired generals do very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top