Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2014 9:51:10 PM EDT
Guys,

I am working on a shadowbox of medals and ribbons for my
brother in law, who was medically retired from the Army this year
due to a serious illness. He was Navy in 88, went civilian, went back Navy 02, went civilian, and
went back in Army in 09. All separations were Honorable. I am working on unit patches for his box and am having trouble
finding one for a shore unit.

His early Navy career had him at Naval Oceanography
Command Facility, North Island, CA, he was an E5 and was in from 88-92.
His DD-214 from this era has in the Military Education section NADSAP,
1WK, 90SEP; AEROGRAPHER'S MATE CLASS "A" SCHOOL, 12WKS, 89FEB; TACTICAL
ASW FOR OCEANOGRAPHERS AND AEROGRAPHERS, 2WKS, 89APR. His last duty assignment for the period of 88-92 was NOCF NAS North Island, CA.

I found the following patch online for the Naval Oceanographic Office:

I
sent him this picture and he said it was "close" to what he had when he
was in at the time but not quite right. His head is full of chemotherapy and immunotherapy,
and I am trying not to trouble him with too much back and forth, since he is CA and I am in NC.

Can any of you guys who were in be able to help me find what he might be looking for? Not sure if there is anything more specific or what. Fellas, I don't know shit about this, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top