Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 9:05:28 PM EDT
So tired of these sloths lining their own pockets while it takes over a year to get SCed for ptsd. You rate me as 70% for ptsd, SSDI approved me just based on VA records for only ptsd, yet the VA has the balls to deny me IU/TDIU/100% because I play video games! Fire them all and if they don't want to quit without comp or whatever. Hang them!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to sit back and think a little about what you are saying. There is a whole Generation of Veterans that served ahead of you that have not be treated nearly as well as the GWOT troops have been. As a Cold War Veteran it is assumed that there is no way you could have lingering, or late appearing injuries or illnesses. Exposure to Agent Orange, Physical, Psychological, or long term issues are apparently non-existent.

Do you really believe that WE did nothing but sit in the barracks and smoke dope,play video games and fuck off all the time?

The Cold War Soldiers, stood Toe-to-Toe with the Soviet Unions Best, and backed them down. The sacrifices were as great as the current PTSD claimants. Many of that Era were injured severely while on active duty, Many were emotionally damaged, Many suffer today. There is no VA allowance for them. They do not fit into the "Injury of the day" and therefore, have no care at all. The VA has dumped thousands of them, PTSD, Agent Orange exposed,  Radiation exposure, Lead exposure, Uranium Exposure, Training accidents that produce long term pain and suffering. All to serve the Victim of the day, Stop your whining, shut off the fucking video games and get a job.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
if you dont like the judgement, file a notice of disagreement and appeal
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Do what I did and actually contact your Congressman.  

I was getting a run around from the VA concerning my GI Bill.  Our last encounter was them telling me that it would take six weeks for them to even open an investigation.  I contacted my Congressmans office (Strom Thurmond at the time) and I was issued a check in a week.  They kept issuing a special check for two years and, as far as I know, never resolved the initial problem.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#4]
So what is your PTSD for and what did you do while in the Mil?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhh yep. Complaining on an internet forum about a real life problem isn't gonna net you much. Get in to your service officer and talk it out. Have him show you exactly what it takes to be 100% IU from the VA. It's all in black and white.

PTSD is not a permanent, life-long disorder. I would be going after treatment so that I COULD work and get back to a normal life. The PTSD gravy train is not always gonna be there for you. They give you money and benefits now to help get you fixed up. The expectation is that you will return to work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Someone cut in front of him in chow at Al Asad, and once the phone system was down.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I am service connected for a back injury and live in constant pain
It took me over 10 years to get rated for stuff that right in my medical record

PSTD.... In my era they told you to suck it up, yea it sucked and we made it through
(not saying it was right just the way it is)

I have not slept through the night in over 25 years, I cannot sit stand or walk at any length due to pain
That being said I worked 58 hours last week and was in such pain I was shaking and still I pressed on.

It's pretty hard for me to bitch when I see guys with no legs still working
I could lay down and let it get to me or I can stand up and press on.

Something to think about

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PSTD.... In my era they told you to suck it up, yea it sucked and we made it through

I have not slept through the night in over 25 years, I cannot sit stand or walk at any length due to pain
That being said I worked 58 hours last week and was in such pain I was shaking and still I pressed on.

Something to think about

View Quote

You, Sir, are a man among men.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uhh yep. Complaining on an internet forum about a real life problem isn't gonna net you much. Get in to your service officer and talk it out. Have him show you exactly what it takes to be 100% IU from the VA. It's all in black and white.

PTSD is not a permanent, life-long disorder. I would be going after treatment so that I COULD work and get back to a normal life. The PTSD gravy train is not always gonna be there for you. They give you money and benefits now to help get you fixed up. The expectation is that you will return to work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won my appeal, it took about 4 years, not for PTSD, tho
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...  More facts please.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something to think about

View Quote

this x100
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, either file an appeal or suck it up. One usually has to have both mental and physical disabilities that keep them from working to get 100% UI from the VA. I had to stop working due to SC disabilities in 2005 and filed for SSD at that time. When I went before the SS judge for my appeal, he stated that I would not get SSD based on just my physical disabilities or just mental health alone, it had to be a combination of both. The VA stated the same thing. I've been diagnosed with patella femoral pain syndrome (docs can't figure out why knees hurt and give out), arthritis, fibromyalgia, readjustment disorder ( can't figure out why they said that instead of PTSD) and constant fatigue and memory problems. It was the combination of everything wrong with me that got me SSD and 100% UI from the VA.    
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So tired of these sloths lining their own pockets while it takes over a year to get SCed for ptsd. You rate me as 70% for ptsd, SSDI approved me just based on VA records for only ptsd, yet the VA has the balls to deny me IU/TDIU/100% because I play video games! Fire them all and if they don't want to quit without comp or whatever. Hang them!
View Quote

I really hope you are not serious

70% for PTSD is bull & you have SSdis  you should be getting over $1700 a month and you are not doing a damn thing yet you have the guts to complain about a system full of vets with terminal illnesses, amputees, and unidentified dieseses.  

.  have you talked to your county vet rep?  
you know the VA has 3 parts  you are upset the benefit side but the health side is most likely taking very good care of you.

stop bitching learn the system learn who can help and how other vets have succeeded in the system.

are you using your gi bill? or voc rehab?
I earned 2 degrees on my gi bill in 5 years get to workmake yourself better
get to the regional office find a dav or legion chief then and get the doctors writing letters for your board get proactive AND STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Someone cut in front of him in chow at Al Asad, and once the phone system was down.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha ha I remember those days. The food at Al Asad was fucking way better than the food back on 29 palms. Remember the stir fry line.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ha ha I remember those days. The food at Al Asad was fucking way better than the food back on 29 palms. Remember the stir fry line.

View Quote

dude if I could combine the stir fry line from Q-West with the breakfast skillet line from Taji I would have gotten so fat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top