Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 3:12:06 PM EDT
My name is Ian and I am fortunate enough to have been asked to help start a foundation called FindingHup.org. Our goal is to help get quadriplegics out there and doing things that they either used to love doing, or thought that they'd never be able to try because of their injury. My goal in this foundation is to help get quadriplegics out and shooting.

I used a combat medic that served with the Second Infantry Division, out of Fort Lewis, WA. On my second tour to Iraq, we were on mission and I was standing out of one of the rear air guard hatches when our Stryker was hit by an IED. I was struck by shrapnel at my C2 spinal cord level, and left paralyzed from the neck down.

I am doing some fundraising that would allow our organization to purchase a couple wheelchair mounted rifle mounts, some accessories to go along with them, and potentially a couple firearms as well. I already belong to another organization that helps get knowledge on treatments and products out there for other quadriplegics, and discovered that this will be a wonderful opportunity to share my joy of shooting with these other quadriplegics.

Below is the website address to my fundraising website. At the very bottom of the page is the website of the company from whom we would be purchasing these mounts. Check them out, and check out the video at the bottom as well. Very cool stuff.

All I'm asking is that you share this if possible, and try to get the word out. If you feel so moved to donate to our cause, that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thank you!

http://www.gofundme.com/ase3y0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top