Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why not 18X?
I would also think long and hard about getting a Ranger or 18X contract. Just out of curiosity what makes you so unsure of a Ranger or 18X contract? I ask because early on you were all about SOF and now it seems you may be getting nervous and apprehensive.

I will let you know those feelings are absolutely normal. Anyone who says different is lying or doesn't understand what exactly he got himself into.  The 82nd is cool and has its place but your other options offer you things you cannot get in conventional Army. The hours, days and years of sucking through selections and training are worth every second in one of those units.

Just don't leave anything on the table that you may regret later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want to let you guys know this Friday I am planning on swearing into DEP for a few months with the Army( ship date of February to April hopefully). My contract I want is 11x option 4 ( infantry with jumpschool) . I told my recruiters I would settle for nothing less.

I appreciate all the advice you guys have given me and it gave me time to think. I was going to sign with the Navy a week ago, but felt something wasnt right. I was anxious and my mind was essentially screaming at me not to do it. So I halted my enlistment process before MEPS ( thank god) with the Navy and felt like I dodged a bullet or something.  So, I asked myself, " Would I rather be a soldier or sailor first?" I said soldier in the end, all the time. Being a soldier is something that interests me more and fits what I want to do with my career/ goal aspirations. It gives me a great stepping stone into the military life, and allows me to figure out which SOF unit in the army I want to shoot for, and give me life experience. Like devildog specifically said, " Everyone wants to be a highspeed gear queer but no one wants to sign any fucking paperwork." That and the basis of either being a soldier, sailor, airman, or marine made me think. That made me decide to go with the Army. Even though Im nervous, I am much more confident I made the right decision. I would much rather prove myself and work for years in order to earn the chance if possible.

My goals are to improve my PT scores to 300 apft level by the end of basic/ before jump school. After talking to a few of you specifically, my odds of ending up in the 82nd airborne or the 173rd is very very high, along with two 82nd airborne guys I have talked to in person to know the assignment percentage. From there, if I get assigned to those units... I want to be the best soldier( in a manner that is not showboating) I can and earn a shot at the selection process of whatever SOF I decide to go for. Hell, maybe I change my mind and want to stay in a conventional unit.  All I know is that I want infantry and airborne in my contract, IN WRITING. From there, I can decide.

I dont want to do 11x option 40, because the only people who make it through RASP , are one who are sure they want the Ranger Regiment. Me, Im not sure and that is a waste of time for me and the Army.

So, I am swearing in this Friday if everything goes to plan. If 11x option 4 is in my contract specifically IN WRITING, I will sign. A slight downside is that there is no enlistment bonus or jumpschool bonus at this time according to my recruiters. They apparently have to call the ROC in order to get a slot for me. So, even though its not a big deal, it would be nice to get a enlistment bonus of some sort. However, it is not a detrimental factor. According to some research I did, alot of guys demanded enlistment bonuses with their 11x option 4 or option 40 contracts and they got them. I am wondering if I should do the same? At the same time I dont want to ruin my chances of getting in and losing an 11x option 4 contract entirely.

Thanks for all the help and guidance. I really appreciate it.

Why not 18X?
I would also think long and hard about getting a Ranger or 18X contract. Just out of curiosity what makes you so unsure of a Ranger or 18X contract? I ask because early on you were all about SOF and now it seems you may be getting nervous and apprehensive.

I will let you know those feelings are absolutely normal. Anyone who says different is lying or doesn't understand what exactly he got himself into.  The 82nd is cool and has its place but your other options offer you things you cannot get in conventional Army. The hours, days and years of sucking through selections and training are worth every second in one of those units.

Just don't leave anything on the table that you may regret later.

Well, my plan with naval special warfare was to help my PT to their standard. It would take about 6 months with them in order to get a contract. Since I am not interested in the Navy anymore, the Army is my desired choice as it fits what I want. My PT is no where near Ranger or 18x standard for a ship date of 2 months. It would be about 6 months in order to get into shape. Your comments earlier about doing the Ranger Regiment instead of conventional army did come to mind. I have to agree with it. However, my situation at my home is pretty desperate. I have been working a part time job for a bit now and its not working out. The managers are not good and I cant get hours I ask for. I want to get my life started in the military ( as its my childhood dream) and dont like waiting any longer. 6 months would be the max I would wait, because its 2- 4 months more of my military life. I do want a 11x option 40 contract, but a early ship time is a no can do unless basic can seriously improve me.

There is no excuse not to have a 300 on the apft for my 11x contract. I have to be realistic with my goals in order to get to that level of physical conditioning. I thought that the 11x option 4 path would be a good way physically, and mentally to integrate me into military life. Along with 18x, I read the washout rates are higher due to the fact that alot of those guys are still new to army life and just came from jumpschool/ OSUT. 11x option 40, and option 4 both have good paths into the SOF community from what I received from you guys, or researched in my past. So, Im still undecided on which one even though I have researched as much as I could.

I have 2 true options which is either option 4 or 40. All you guys with experience are saying to get my feet wet and go in, which is what I am doing. It seems the guys who succeed in Army SF selection (SFAS) are the one who have a few years under their belt. In the Ranger Regiment, they bring you up to their standard when you are a private, to my knowledge.

If I was guaranteed 11x option 40 with a 6 month ship date exactly. I would sign. It would give me peace of mind and time to PT and improve. So now its a matter of which option to choose this week. Either one can be essentially guaranteed from the ROC when my recruiters call. Shit, well I think I already just decided which option actually.

http://www.armyparatrooper.org/dropzone/showthread.php/36567-Ranger-%28Option-40%29-Contracts

Post number 7 in the link above makes me second guess option 4... badly.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't concern yourself with wash out stats.  Look at the pass rate instead and get it in your mind that will be you. PT will come, you don't need 6 months to get in decent shape. Even then you will go to basic and if you bust your ass at PT while there you will be fine. Even after that you will have RASP where they will smoke your balls or if you go the 18X route there is a course specifically designed to make you an absolute animal prior to Selection. Most people who quit didn't know what they were getting in to. They played COD and thought it would be cool. Then they realized its hard work and not that fun to have your nuts smoked off while carrying 80lbs. They will test your dedication immediately and those who don't truly want to be there will fall by the wayside.

Prior experience before going 18 series is, or can be, good but not an end all be all. Plenty have been "corrupted" by conventional Army and can't transition to the mindset UW requires. There have been good and bad from both sides. Again, don't concern yourself with the bad other than to look at what you don't want to be. Look at guys like Pat McNamara who have done EVERYTHING the Army has to offer and started life as an X-ray.

In the end youre going to do what you want. You're a grown ass man and can make your own decisions. Just look at it from all perspectives and don't be scared to take a chance at something you are unsure of. After all, if you fail you will go to the 82nd anyway, but you dont have to worry about that...
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't concern yourself with wash out stats.  Look at the pass rate instead and get it in your mind that will be you. PT will come, you don't need 6 months to get in decent shape. Even then you will go to basic and if you bust your ass at PT while there you will be fine. Even after that you will have RASP where they will smoke your balls or if you go the 18X route there is a course specifically designed to make you an absolute animal prior to Selection. Most people who quit didn't know what they were getting in to. They played COD and thought it would be cool. Then they realized its hard work and not that fun to have your nuts smoked off while carrying 80lbs. They will test your dedication immediately and those who don't truly want to be there will fall by the wayside.

Prior experience before going 18 series is, or can be, good but not an end all be all. Plenty have been "corrupted" by conventional Army and can't transition to the mindset UW requires. There have been good and bad from both sides. Again, don't concern yourself with the bad other than to look at what you don't want to be. Look at guys like Pat McNamara who have done EVERYTHING the Army has to offer and started life as an X-ray.

In the end youre going to do what you want. You're a grown ass man and can make your own decisions. Just look at it from all perspectives and don't be scared to take a chance at something you are unsure of. After all, if you fail you will go to the 82nd anyway, but you dont have to worry about that...
View Quote

I did some research with some guys who had scores similar to mine, but they still had 11x option 40 contracts. One guy was actually worse and had 30 pushups and got 60 by end of OSUT( from ArmyRanger.com forums) I dont know if he made it or not, but he improved a great amount in that short amount of time. That was my main fear or worry, that OSUT along with extra PT at night or when we have free time, wouldnt improve me. I guess I was wrong greatly, and eliminates my ultimate fear that caused some hesitation. As long as I use my free time effectively, I can improve alot. It just comes down to me

18x is off the table for now since I am 18 turning 19 by next January. So, my age automatically DQ's me even though my GT is high enough.

11x is open according to my recruiters and has a shipdate of February 2nd. That gives me close to 2 months in order to really push to improve more just for OSUT and Jump school. However, Option 40 was not shown as no option was. Apparently I have to go to MEPS in order to see the options. My recruiter does know that if Option 40 is not there in writing along with 11x for the Febuary 2nd ship date... I will not sign period. No offense to the Army, but I've read of dudes getting fucked over because they didn't want to get it in writing, and MEPS counselors throwing verbal attacks at guys who wont sign without Option 40. I dont know if what my recruiters are saying is true about the Option 40 not being shown, but it will just come down to the writing I guess. So, this Friday if Option 40 is in writing for the specific date listed, or at a later date;I will sign. If not, I will leave and wait. Im not going to give up on my dreams because of a quota. My recruiter and I both know that, and he is okay with it.

My goal during OSUT is to get a 300 apft by the end. I will do my best as there is no excuse not to if I'm shooting for the 75th Ranger Regiment. I also need to change my mindset from pessimistic to more optimistic, about stats and numbers. That comes down to my perfectionist personality. I need to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time. I think thats a good thing to start with as the one who have succeeded said the same thing.

Pat McNamara is an absolute insane animal of a guy. His energy level is insane sometimes, haha. I found that interesting that he was an 18x.

Thank you RangerJoe11, and the others for helping in my decision. It means alot to me.

I will post an update to if I am signed up or I have to wait for 11x Option 40.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Go talk to another recruiter and se what he says.

There is nothing tying you to any one recruiter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go talk to another recruiter and se what he says.

There is nothing tying you to any one recruiter.
View Quote

I did go talk to another and they said the same thing. Option 40 is not available, as of this moment. After canceling my 11x reservation since I was settling, I said option 40 period. and I would regret it if I never got it.  My recruiters are throwing the line of " You can volunteer for it in AIT," and such which I can but its probably unlikely. One Sergeant that brought me for the personality test also made me talk to all the people trying to pull strings for me. However, they kept getting confused from Ranger school and RASP with option 40. They were saying Ranger School is option 40 and I have to go to Ranger School in order to be assigned to the 75th. I know that is not the case unless my information from Army Rangers.com, and books dating to a few years ago about the process is invalid. All my information is that Option 40 is OSUT -> Jump School ->  RASP -> 75th Ranger Regiment ( If i make it past RASP and get accepted.) If Im in the 75th Ranger Regiment, enlisted personnel would get sent to Ranger School within the year due to deployments and schedules. The 2 Sergeants I was with actually got a Lt. Col involved and he was Army SF. He told me that my information about RASP was correct, but one of the recruiters ( that had incorrect information) tried to intervene and say the he was right. It was just a confusion of terms. I told all of them I would respectively wait for Option 40.

This process of getting the slot and getting in is such a pain in the ass. I dont know if my information and research is invalid, but all my information is from credible sources that are actual Rangers in the 75th Ranger Regiment.  I tried calling the Ranger Regiment Recruiting Battalion with the 2 sergeants standing there after I was done talking to the Col, but they closed at 5pm and it was 4:45pm. ( ArmyRangers.com says to do this if slots arent available) I know their intentions as recruiters are good, and they are doing everything they can, but they sell the line " You can volunteer in AIT," or " You will get that opportunity once youre in."

So, even after talking to another recruiter, and getting information from a non biased guy as well, The only thing I can do now is wait for an option 40 slot. Its my life.

They pushed my airborne physical to Sunday morning and I told them I will not be enlisting even though they want me to get the physical. They say a QNE ( qualify not enlistment) will hurt their records and make them look bad. Then Im asking, " Why are you guys then sending me to a airborne physical for a QNE when you know I will not sign without option 40?!" It makes no sense what so ever. It seems they are trying to push me to sign regular 11x, which I will refuse to do.

The information the recruiters from different locations is correct about Option 40  not being available, but the recruiters seem to be confused on Option 40 and its process, and giving them the wrong ideas. All my research seems to say other than what the recruiters say. The SF Col. said my information was correct as well.

I am going to Army Rangers.com, introducing myself posting my PT score, and searching for something similar to my situation. Everyone on that site says to wait, and stick to my guns.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You are correct as is your information.

I would not show up to their physical until they have a slot for what you want. Fuck their numbers. Call Regt recruiting and see what they say. I would also call every recruiting office in the state until someone tells you they have a slot or can get one.

I've also heard they have offered Opt 40 to people in basic but I wouldn't rely on that shit. Get it in writing.

I'm guessing it's a PITA right now due to the Army getting smaller but that really doesn't apply to USASOC so I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You are correct as is your information.

I would not show up to their physical until they have a slot for what you want. Fuck their numbers. Call Regt recruiting and see what they say. I would also call every recruiting office in the state until someone tells you they have a slot or can get one.

I've also heard they have offered Opt 40 to people in basic but I wouldn't rely on that shit. Get it in writing.

I'm guessing it's a PITA right now due to the Army getting smaller but that really doesn't apply to USASOC so I don't know.
View Quote

I will be contacting my recruiter and seeing what he says about my thoughts on the QNE results which will happen, especially if there is no slots available. From there I will call Army recruiters around me and see what I can get.

Unfortunately the Ranger Regiment Recruiting seems busy. I have called them 4 times in the last few days with 2 of them today. I left a message, but they havent got back to me. I dont want to bug them, but I will try to call again in the next few hours and leave another message. I even tried calling the Ranger Regiment Public Affairs Officer that gave the the Recruiting number, and they were busy as well again.

Thankyou for the advice RangerJoe11. I appreciate the support and help with this process. Especially when recruiters ( guys from 10th mountain, 101st Air assault, and a few others )even at the HQ level are trying to tell me RASP is ranger school and I cant go to the 75th Ranger Regiment without Ranger school ( which I know is not a prerequisite what so ever). I dont know if they are testing me, but that is the consensus that is being said and none of them are in the 75th Ranger Regiment and some have only been to Ranger School. I tried to correct them in a polite way, but at this point I'm almost losing my patience. They keep trying to make the recruitment process a personal level, and giving me incorrect information that is steering me in the wrong path if I listened to it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE: I got a call from my Sergeant at the recruiting station this morning. A reservation that had been for 11x Option 40 just popped up. Someone dropped it somewhere in the country. However, the ship date is January the 13th. Now, my recruiters already reserved it for me as they knew it was what I wanted, but they did it without m knowledge which I am not really comfortable with at all. My only concern is PT scores according to the APFT.

PU: 35
SU: 80
Chin ups: 1
Run: 18:00

Now, if my scores were higher I would be definitely ready to go, and I want to go desperately, but I could be setting myself up for failure with those scores? I have 6 days to decide if I want to decide and take the shipdate of Jan 13. I would not mind waiting another 2-3 months for another slot and to improve my PT scores, but my Sergeant is telling me that it will only get harder to get an Option 40 slot. Now, at that point it seems that he  saying that to get me to sign for a quota, and I feel pressured when I am not ready physically.

EDIT: Also that reservation they made for me was my last reservation slot since I cancelled my 11x reservation a few days ago. So, now I cant reserve any job what so ever unless I sign next week. This is getting ridiculous and I think it might be time to find another recruiter as I have a real issue with someone reserving a slot without my consent, and it was my last chance to get an edge on a 11x option 40 contract. This is causing issues that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Now every time an option 40 slot is available, I have to drive down to MEPS 45 minutes away just to sign when it couldn't be gone within that time period. Thankfully, I can still see shipdates of the option 40 though if the contract pops up at a later date.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing is going to be perfect.

I would take it and run. You have a month to crush your nuts prior to basic. Enough time to drop that run and improve those push-ups.  Basic will help to as long as you put in the effort.

The recruiter was looking out for you. Seems to me he is giving you what you asked for.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quit being a bitch and sign the goddamn contract.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Pevrs114 and Ranger Joe 11,

I will definitely take your advice in my decision in which ship date I choose to go with. Regardless of the date, I still want 11x Option 40.

I will post an update when I have either signed or not. Thank you
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
slov, you sound like a pussy man. Sign the fucking contract, its been 4 months.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
slov, you sound like a pussy man. Sign the fucking contract, its been 4 months.

View Quote

Veteranforeignwars,

I am not trying to be a pussy what so ever. It has been 4 months since I made this thread. I should have thought about making this thread before I posted it since it made me look like I wanted my hand held which is not what I wanted at all. I just started talking to a Army recruiter a week and half ago. It has been a pretty fast process.

Also, the reason why I am a bit hesitant is the information I have found. When I made my introduction to ArmyRanger.com they gave me advice to check the "Letters from school" sub-thread. In there, candidates and Rangers who succeeded talked about OSUT, jump school, and RASP. All of those ones who succeeded, and become Rangers said that OSUT, and jump school does not prepare you enough at all for RASP. Even with their high APFT scores they still had to PT a big amount in their spare time. All of them had top APFT scores before they shipped out. I reported those findings to a Ranger admin when he gave me the advice.

My answer is short came along the lines of this, " So, in conclusion, from my research ( which I took the initiative before he even told me the advice. The Rangers expect members, or hopefuls to take the initiative) the consensus of the Rangers who succeeded in the pipeline was that I have to be prepared on my own before I ship out. All the Rangers who succeeded or candidates who quit ( during RASP) said that OSUT, Jump school, and RASP does not prepare you enough for RASP. Even with the high PT scores they had before the Rangers and candidates who shipped out, they had to still PT alot in their own time. Therefore, I should be following the advice and experiences to PT for a few more months instead of shipping out next month. That way, I am in the path of the ones who succeeded, and I can just maintain my PT levels once in OSUT, and Jump school.

The Ranger Admins' response was, " I wish we had more future soldiers with your attitude! Never, Never Quit!"

I mean no dis respect by posting this reply, but I am just reporting what I experienced, and what the Rangers on that site replied to me in my introduction post there. So, shouldn't I be following their advice and experiences, along with RangerJoe11s' advice? RangerJoe11 succeeded as well. I must have the right mind set for the Ranger Admin to respond that to me. If I am wrong in this post, I am wrong and deserved to be chewed out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
yea kid. yea.  

One thing the military doesn't like is excuses.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
18 minute run? I'm twice your age, gettinv over a back injury, have run maybe twice since January, and I beat that by more than 3 minutes yesterday.

If you have wanted it so bad for so long, why aren't you better prepared?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Not trying to be a dick, but those scores need to go up.

I've seen girls with higher scores get recycled at USMC ITB.

Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So let me get this straight OP, you ask to talk to 'SOF' because you want to know what it's like and then a 18Z responds to your ridiculous request and you ignore him.  

You need to sell your air soft gear, put that money in savings and go talk to the damn recruiter and join.  Quit wanting to talk to 'SOF' and put your money where your mouth is and become one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What are your specific question?

MSG R

18Z50

So let me get this straight OP, you ask to talk to 'SOF' because you want to know what it's like and then a 18Z responds to your ridiculous request and you ignore him.  

You need to sell your air soft gear, put that money in savings and go talk to the damn recruiter and join.  Quit wanting to talk to 'SOF' and put your money where your mouth is and become one.
That damn avatar is disconcerting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only advice I can give you is to not look at the Marines for SF.

Easier to do it via Army. Guy I work with is Marines reserve and in awesome shape and they are giving him hell for any SF billet.

View Quote

The Marine Corps looks at its SOF component differently than NSW does, or even SF does.  Being in shape is a given, not a deal maker.  If your buddy is relying on being in shape to get a MARSOC billet, then hes not gonna get far.  Im not saying MARSOC is better, just different.  

Its not about being 'easy' anyways...

1st MSOB 2009-2013 TL
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I joined the Marines and started off in the Infantry 0311 rifleman and spent about 7 years there. I don't remember why the Marines over the Army, but I never regretted the decision.

You have to take the Indoctrination test to get into the reconnaissance field. Consists of PT test, Ruck run, Swim test and interview. Its not easy and it screens out about 70-80% of Marines taking it depending on who shows up for the testing, mostly Infantryman.

Force Recon and the missions they are tasked with requires multiple qualifications so the schools never stop while you are there. Everyone is Jump (Static and MFF), Combat Dive, SERE, Scout Swimmers, Explosives and CQB qualified. Most are Scout/Snipers, Rangers, Pathfinders. Hence the unofficial "Jack of all Trades" moniker used on t-shirts/tattoos.

There are some good books out there about Force Recon, but SEALS have pretty much flooded the market with their epic tales.

Besides who wants to read a book about a successful Reconnaissance mission where everyone returns home because of proper planning and back-up contingencies.

ETA: The lifestyle is the same as any Marine.

We would deploy on a ship for a 6 month float on a Marine Expeditionary Unit. Back in the States would be about a year for schools, then the pre-deployment workup would start. That last for about 6 months straight. It consisted of CQB, Explosives, TRUE training (Training in an Urban Environment), Ship takedowns, Gas Oil Platform seizures and it would all end with the MEU's final exercise before deploying again (SOCEX).

Then board the ship again- travel the world, stop at a half dozen ports throughout the world, drink beer and chase the women. Repeat until you get old and retire.

View Quote

Your info reflects the pre-MARSOC days, MEUs are not longer SOC unless they have an embarked MSOC. Because of MSOCs CHOPing to the TSOCs starting in 08 MEUs starting embarking  Maritime Special Purpose Force/Maritime Strike Force that are similar to the old Force Dets to do VBSS.  But we had to pay top dollar to up front to train those Force Platoons because Force today is not the Force of old, many of the Force Marines were LCpls and Cpls.  

TRUE is now Realistic Urban Training (RUT); there is no longer a SOCEX instead at RUT you do an MSOC interoperability phase where the BLT and ACE support the MSOC on multiple missions or the MSOC provided support to the CE.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]
just fucking do it. You'll get the smoked in basic and get your pt score up, then you'll get smoked more in Airborne, then you'll get smoked more in RASP.

Sign the papers, and go get on a militaryathlete.com APFT improvement program r their Body Weight program. Actually the bodyweight program really kicks ass.

realize that every single Paratrooper, Ranger, Green Beret, Delta guy, whatever at one point every single one of them signed the papers and went to Basic, and started off at the bottom of the heap just like everyone else.

Point of the story is it's time to grab your nuts and go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
just fucking do it. You'll get the smoked in basic and get your pt score up, then you'll get smoked more in Airborne, then you'll get smoked more in RASP.

Sign the papers, and go get on a militaryathlete.com APFT improvement program r their Body Weight program. Actually the bodyweight program really kicks ass.

realize that every single Paratrooper, Ranger, Green Beret, Delta guy, whatever at one point every single one of them signed the papers and went to Basic, and started off at the bottom of the heap just like everyone else.

Point of the story is it's time to grab your nuts and go.
View Quote

This. Its not about having the scores going in. Infantry OSUT will build you up. Do PT on your own if you have to because you want it.

If you don't get that option 40 you won't even get the chance after your 17 weeks of OSUT and 3 weeks of airborne. There is nothing wrong with not passing RASP, if you still want to be in regiment later then try to import in. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better unit to "grow-up in" than the 75th.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top