Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2014 8:25:23 PM EDT
Are there certain congressmen/senators that sit on a Veterans committee that would be more effective in contacting or am I stuck contacting representatives from NJ to deal with systemic problems within the VA?

Since I'm living in a place that doesn't have a VA hospital anywhere close I'm limited to either Guam or Honolulu. Only Hono can provide treatment for prosthetics so that pretty much takes Guam out of the running.

I'm "transferring" from Philadelphia. You would think since the VA Health Care System is a network, that information moves with you, but every time I move I have to start over as if I'm a new veteran. I have to be seen by a primary care physician to get a referral to the prosthetics clinic... because I guess something might have changed from the time I left one place to the next and a new PCP will realize there actually IS a way to grow back legs or something. If a person has a permanent rating for conditions that will not change I can't figure out why the wheel needs to be re-invented with every move. They have all my treatment records from day 1. So, why can't I simply walk in as if I've been there all along?

Add to that the fact that I'm in a location where I have to travel halfway across the Pacific to receive treatment. They have a system in place to either lodge pr provide reimbursement for lodging, but somehow I'm out of that region... even though I'm living on a U.S. Army installation. So the treatment I'm supposed to receive for life for my sacrifices comes at the cost of my having to pay to be there.

So I'm pretty much ready to set fire to the VA. I kind of figured they would all be walking on egg shells given the spotlight on them right now, but apparently it's business as usual with this broke dick administration. I might not be abl to fix it for everyone but I'd certainly like someone to know even more about how backwards the VA is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be glad to help you out man. Shoot me a pm with your number if you are interested.

You would need to use the congressman/senator for your state of residence.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Responded to your PM.

Thanks for getting ahold of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top