Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for update
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you Didnt talke shit to Mr Anderson.... your a pussy:D
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my cannons as a 13F July 2008, haven't done much since (due to bad information) I got re-classed to signal. Even though I don't do anything 13F and haven't since AIT my advice is get in good with a signal unit who knows their sh*t and learn your radio inside and out. I'm talking from the simple RT-1523 SINCGARS to Harris 150 or 117 and such. I mean you're not going to be good even if you're hot turd calling for fire if you can't reprogram your radio because you let the battery die.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it. I went during the summer and we would have a fire start and bug-out and let the gun bunnies deal with it. Don't disappoint though, if someone messes with another 13F you go and help, even if they are in another class. Lawton sucks, the cattle trailers they use to transport suck, but it will end when you graduate. Airborne school has new barracks, pretty much like a 7-5 job with weekends off. The "running" sucks because you can't step it out, it is more like a shuffle. If you can, jump out a CH47 or 130 ramp. Enjoy it and don't sing blood on the risers in the plane, bad juju.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
damn. We should have gotten his address and sent him an ARFCOM branded dildo or something
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, two of the recent MOH recipients were FISTers.

SFC Monti

SSG Pitts

edit...didn't see that the OP was already gone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
As a former gunbunny (13b), if you're a red blooded american man, you will love your time in the field.  The power of artillery is bad ass.  That feeling when the gun goes off and it literally sucks the air out of your lungs.  I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I am back from BCT. It was interesting to say the least. Thank you all for the tips, they helped me out a lot
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I am back from BCT. It was interesting to say the least. Thank you all for the tips, they helped me out a lot
View Quote

Congratulations. Now don't get fat or do drugs while on exodus. They will smoke you and give you a piss test the day you get back.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Congratulations. Now don't get fat or do drugs while on exodus. They will smoke you and give you a piss test the day you get back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I am already tracking on all that. Getting fat is the only thing I will have a struggle with, but I am going to try and work out everyday so I should be good
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I took BCT a long time ago .... to me it was like a walk in the park.

The bad part was all the DI's were fresh back from Vietnam.

It was a different era .... DI's did things to some recruits that would get them court-martialed today.

Fort Jackson South Carolina looked better in the recruiters " travel brochure " than it did in person.

A-10-2
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Still doing the airborne thing after AIT?

Any idea where you are going after all that?

Relax a bit and do some cardio/light roadmarching to keep halfway in shape.  

then... SLOCTOP and six elements of a CFF.  ATP 3-09.30

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats on doing something a lot of people don't have the intestinal fortitude to do. (You're more of a man than Cory Jackson, at least.) Enjoy your holidays, but don't enjoy them too much. The easy part is over and the real fun starts once you get back to Fort Sill. Don't get yourself in any kind of trouble during your leave-whether it's legal, financial, or parental (in other words, don't knock up Suzie Rottencrotch).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top