Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 2:14:12 PM EDT
Anyone been to Fort Shafter, HI? My little brother is going there in a few months. Army.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It is the headquarters of USARPAC, or at least it used to be years ago. I was never stationed there but have been on the base, I was at Schofield Barracks. Hawaii is expensive and not particularly gun friendly. On the positive side the weather is nice most of the time, there is plenty to do and see; especially if your brother likes fishing, surfing, scuba diving, or snorkeling, and if he is single he can have a great time downtown. Tell him to watch out for the mahu, pronounced mawhu.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is the headquarters of USARPAC, or at least it used to be years ago. I was never stationed there but have been on the base, I was at Schofield Barracks. Hawaii is expensive and not particularly gun friendly. On the positive side the weather is nice most of the time, there is plenty to do and see; especially if your brother likes fishing, surfing, scuba diving, or snorkeling, and if he is single he can have a great time downtown. Tell him to watch out for the mahu, pronounced mawhu.
View Quote

Kids went to elementary school there, the commissary is combined with the PX and small, back gate puts you into kalihi which is good for lunch if you're not a closed minded haole like most military.  Not much else on post besides a bowling alley, but its in town unlike Schofield and wheeler and lots to do around there.  Good gun shop nearby in mapunapuna and the NEX is 5 minutes away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top