Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2013 1:32:38 PM EDT
Anyone ever visit the wonderful sounding Fob Scorpion? I can't find any info on it other than it is in Kandahar.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The FOB SCORPION that I am familiar with was located NE of Kabul circa 2007/8/9 and was/is an ANA training base.  Marines out of SHADOW/UZBEEN were their training associates IIRC.

I am not familiar with a FOB of that name in RC SOUTH, but nothing says someone else didn't decide to name their FOB scorpion as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
FOB or Camp? I've been to Camp Scorpion
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

FOB or Camp? I've been to Camp Scorpion

She said she was told FOB, however, by her description is sounds like Camp Scorpion would be correct

Link Posted: 3/26/2013 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Cp Scorpion is in Kabul on a larger training base. If you can PM me with what the person is describing
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Scorpion was the Army designation for the Army side of the RTC outside of KAF.

When Dyn kicked us off the RTC in early '09 they tore down the Army side of the RTC because Dyn was all hot and heavy to put up more facilities for their own people...and had to promptly tear down what they'd built because they messed up

To this day I still don't trust Dyn because of the way they jerked us around

We retired the designation when they moved us to CNS where we put up our Alaskans and connexes and made a new home for ourselves til the AD guys came in September and kicked the remaining NG guys back North

Wish i'd thought to take a pic or two of the scorpion sign on the outside of the MWR building on Scorpion

Even though I bumped around Kandahar from Walton to the RTC to CNS, it was still way more comfortable on a day to day basis than Helmand had been the year before. And I was in places like Walton and CNS when they were still enjoyable places to live, before the US took them over and ruined them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Much appreciated for all the replies, and for that, I leave you with my new favorite GIF that has not much to do with this thread:

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]
To you younger vets....Thankyou for taking the baton that us old farts passed off.  Job well done.
And you weekend Warriors that I used to make fun of...I tip my hat to you.  
Semper fi
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Much appreciated for all the replies, and for that, I leave you with my new favorite GIF that has not much to do with this thread:

Your OP makes it sound like they've resurrected the Scorpion designation based on some one over there now passing info to you.
Is that the case?
Or were you asking about the old Scorpion?
Link Posted: 3/30/2013 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
New scorpion I would suppose?  Friend is NG and deploying to support a SF unit operating in the area
Link Posted: 3/30/2013 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
lol RC-S?

that means its going to fucking suck. go out east
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top