Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 12/28/2001 12:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2001 8:55:08 AM EDT by Shrike]
After college (2 years left) i am considering either joining the local PD or Marshals service. How difficult is it to be accepted? what kind of training would they put me through? thanks Mike [edited for the "L"]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:00:36 PM EDT
Hey Shrike! Go to the following web site: [url]http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/[/url] To the left side, right at the top is a link to "Want To Be A Deputy?" Lottsa stuff there. I hope that helps you out. Dave G
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:06:05 PM EDT
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:33:05 AM EDT
Marshal, as in Deputy U.S. Marshal has only one "L"... Believe me, some Deputies will make a big deal of this... For the record, the USMS has a huge backlog of personnel that took the test last year, and they will be working off that list for several years...maybe as many as 3-4 years..so if you did not test last year there are only two other ways to get on in the near future... Once a year or so, the USMS allows status candidates, or admin, secretarial types, to apply for a DUSM position without taking the test....this is one way, to become an admin employee, and then apply from the inside. Another, is if they offer a special program again designed specifically for a particular group of hires ... i.e. "Operation Shining Star" in 1999, they only tested and interviewed separating military members.. Good luck..
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:15:01 PM EDT
Thank you. I appreciate the advice.
Top Top