Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 5:02:30 AM EDT
Here is the article. I do not know all the specifics, but the article is listed below. Feel free to comment.

[url]http://web.realcities.com/content/rc/news/attack/fortwayne/1956720409.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
He was not set free.  His death sentence was overturned.  [shock]  I disagree with that decision completely and trust that the DA will appeal victoriously.
Abu-Jamal is a disgusting scumbag that should have been put to death years ago.  I doubt there is a more clear cut case for the death penalty ever in the annals of American jurisprudence.  Only through the strong support of such liberal organizations like the ACLU and attorneys like Alan Dershowitz and money from various fringe organizations has this cop killer continued to survive.
Abu-Jamal is a blight on our society and should be put down like the dog that he is as soon as possible.  His continued breathing is an insult to the American Justice system.
(Did I say my son has applied to be a policeman on the DC Metro PD?  Wants to work in SE too...damn dangerous Indian country there.  I don't want the same thing to happen to him.)

Mumia[devil][rocket]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
You forgot Hollywood, they helped bring his story out. Scumbag was there and he  will not give up where his brother is. The brother that is a fugitive anyway.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it was all the FREE MUMIA t-shirts that did it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think it was all the FREE MUMIA t-shirts that did it.
View Quote

Fight the power:
[img]http://www.danielfaulkner.com/TshirtBack.jpg[/img]

[url]www.danielfaulkner.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Among others who support this POS is Susan Sarandon (I have no use for her, turned my back on her @ WTC...you'd be suprised how many LEO's do not know about this and her support of him), Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream...the wife misses this stuff...but there are other Ice Creams out there...and Paul Newman. So boycott them!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Among others who support this POS is Susan Sarandon (I have no use for her, turned my back on her @ WTC...you'd be suprised how many LEO's do not know about this and her support of him), Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream...the wife misses this stuff...but there are other Ice Creams out there...and Paul Newman. So boycott them!
View Quote

The full list of supporters:

[url]http://www.grandlodgefop.org/faulkner/projamal.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have zero sympathy for this jerk.  The Hollywood types need to mind their own drug crazed business.

What I am curious about is this:  What is more important about a cops life?  Seems it is equal to ANY citizen's life.  Never have understood why one life meant more than another (Scumbags excepted.)?  Hell, at least cops are armed and can fight back unlike many citizens of the various states.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Well MickeyMouse, what type of uniform do you wear to work each day?  If you wear a badge, I don't think you would ask such a question.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Rampart,

I have to agree with Mickeymouse's statement. What makes cops think that their lives are worth more than the average citizen?

No don't get me wrong. If me or any of my friends had the chance we'd blow mumia away in a second.

I think ANYONE who murders ANYONE should be put to death.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
phil and mouse,

Since you two don't have a clue, I think I can offer you an easy answer to your question:

Look at the roster of the dead and missing officers from the NYPD, Port Authority and other agencies, and the hundreds of fire fighters amd EMS personnel who willingly entered the burning World Trade Center on September 11th and gave their lives in an effort to save the thousands of people they didn't even know.

It's a very special kind of person who will willingly risk his or her life to save another and it is a sad day when we lose one.  

On September 11, 2001, we lost hundreds in a matter of minutes.  They will be remembered and they will be missed...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Dave G,you my friend,are THE MAN!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#12]
A LEO's or other member of an emergency service is not more important than any other citizen. It is the fact that we are ordinary people called upon to act extraordinarily to emergent situations that makes us special.

If a perp has the stones to execute anyone of us especially LEO's, then what does that say about his ability to inflict his will upon other 'ordinary' citizens?

Moreover what this scumbag did to Daniel Faulkner is inexcusable. PERIOD. He deserved to be terminated many years ago. Tragically it has become chic to take up his cause. What Hollywood is doing makes me want to vomit. What I want to know is why is this scumbag so special to the drug addled minds of the Hollywood priviledged? If he had done this to Grandma Jones, he would have met the reaper on schedule.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Do not misunderstand me; I have no use for the scumbag in question.  I do not mean any disrespect to cops, firefighters or any other working people, uniformed or not.  They do a difficult and dangerous job.  Maybe less dangerous than farming, mining and a few others but very important nonetheless.  Ordinary citizens can and do exhibit all the exemplery characteristics we admire.  Does anyone question the bravery or dedication of the people who took back the plane in PA (from the terrorist vermin)?  Those were ordinary people who knew they were likely not going to make it home that day and did the job anyway, saving untold lives and property on the ground.  They refused to let the murdering vermine use them.  They were not paid to take that action yet they did and deserve a monument in my opinion!  The FD, PD, the Port Authority workers and so many others in the WTC THOUGHT they would survive.  They did a job and I respect them - a lot.

All innocent human life has similar value in my mind.  I resent it when cops try to make me believe they are superior to the rest of us.  They are certainly no LESS important nor are they any MORE important than the little old lady down the street who pays their salary!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Shotar, you make a valid point and without the sarcasm of some others.  I appreciate an honest answer to an honest question.

As far as running to or from trouble, that applies to many professions.  Say a doctor entering an area with Ebola on the loose?  Sometimes the police show great courage and pay a terrible price as in NY.  At other times they let a man bleed to death after the perps are already dead.  In the end, it appears they are much like the rest of us, varied in character.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
You still have no clue, mouse.  I doubt you ever will...  
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
First off, I apologize if my message seemed sarcastic.  I think DaveG summed things up well but MickeyMouse just doesn't understand.  Perhaps MickeyMouse should feel it necessary to summon an officer to help him, maybe he should call that old lady down the street who pays my salary instead.  Better yet, call Mumia Abu-Jamal since the value of his life is the same.

What I as a LEO resent, is when those who do not wear a badge think we do it for a paycheck.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]
To MickeyMouse:
Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out.  I seem to fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.  I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical.  Unfortunately, the reverse is true.  I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I'm the boogeyman, then you're shocked when they identify with my traditional enemy... the criminal!  You accuse me of coddling criminals...until I catch your kids doing wrong.  You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer for having one cup.  You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.  You raise hell with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.  You know all the traffic laws...but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.
You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.  You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back.  You wouldn't  think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.  You talk to me in a manner that would get you a
bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.  You yell something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved.  You have no use for me at all, but of course it's
OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.
  So, Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or
one of my buddies. Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me...the cop!

The author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State
Police. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the
article. As a salute to the millions police officers who put their lives on
the line for us everyday, please pass this on.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Rampart,

Thank goodness Trooper Brown took a few moments to put that on paper before he made the ultimate sacrifice, too bad those it is intended for will never understand.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have zero sympathy for this jerk.  The Hollywood types need to mind their own drug crazed business.

What I am curious about is this:  What is more important about a cops life?  Seems it is equal to ANY citizen's life.  Never have understood why one life meant more than another (Scumbags excepted.)?  Hell, at least cops are armed and can fight back unlike many citizens of the various states.
View Quote

Seems you really don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Whoa... I think we've gotten WAY away from the original intent of this post, but I'll add my two cents:

1. Mumia is a POS and I think justice will be served in the end;
2. No human life is worth more than another human life, period.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
The value of one person's life to society as a whole is dictated in part by their contribution to society.  Everyone starts out equal.  Some, through their anti-social bahavior, incur a reduction in their value to the whole, just as others, through their actions, contribute more to the society than the norm.  Some, like Mumia, stand in the somewhat unique position of one who could actually contribute to society through his permanent removal from it.  An example to those of his anti-social bent if you will.  It is sad that his potential contribution comes at the cost of the positive contributions of Officer Faulkner.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The value of one person's life to society as a whole is dictated in part by their contribution to society.  Everyone starts out equal.  Some, through their anti-social bahavior, incur a reduction in their value to the whole, just as others, through their actions, contribute more to the society than the norm.  Some, like Mumia, stand in the somewhat unique position of one who could actually contribute to society through his permanent removal from it.  An example to those of his anti-social bent if you will.  It is sad that his potential contribution comes at the cost of the positive contributions of Officer Faulkner.
View Quote

I could not have said it better myself...thank you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Dave_G!  I'm shocked! [:)]  I normally agree with you for the most part.  The value of a person's LIFE is not dictated by their usefulness and/or contribution to society.  Their lives are valuable because they are living human beings!  Some people contribute more than others towards that society than the norm, but that doesn't diminish the value of the others' lives.  That means children's, handicapped people's, old people's, etc. lives have no value?  They don't contribute that much.  Some people choose to live their lives violently/anti-socially and out of necessity have to be removed from actively participating in that society for that society's safety (Mumia case).  

Measuring a human life's value based on the potential or active contribution they make to "the whole" is the basis of Marxist theory... I certainly hope that's not what you meant?

Police officers, lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs, bankers, teachers, etc. are all integral to our society and it's survival.  No one or the other is more important as our society would not continue to thrive with the removal of any of them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#25]
BMan,

Read what I said closely and carefully.  What you wrote is a serious misinterpretation and it appears that you read much between the lines that wasn't even there, and missed key phrases that were.

Read it again and do so carefully.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#26]
OK Dave_G, I read over your post again and it appears that I did somewhat misinterpret the point you've made.  If I read you correctly this time, it seems that you are merely stating how society itself places "value" on peoples' lives (for better or worse).  You were not stating your position as such.  Is that closer?

If so, please accept my apology for implying that you might be one of our "closet communists." [;)]

May Mumia and the rest of his ilk fry anyway.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Pretty much, yes.  You only missed the passage about how the value of one person's life to society as a whole is dictated [b]in part[/b] by their contribution to society.  Other criteria I didn't go into are also measured.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#28]
It really kills me how the same liberal idiots that are arguing to take away honest citizen's guns beause they might do something bad want to put dirtbags like this back on the street. Honorary citizen of France? Mabye we should send him there and see who he kills next. [:(!]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
phil and mouse,

Since you two don't have a clue, I think I can offer you an easy answer to your question:

Look at the roster of the dead and missing officers from the NYPD, Port Authority and other agencies, and the hundreds of fire fighters amd EMS personnel who willingly entered the burning World Trade Center on September 11th and gave their lives in an effort to save the thousands of people they didn't even know.

It's a very special kind of person who will willingly risk his or her life to save another and it is a sad day when we lose one.  

On September 11, 2001, we lost hundreds in a matter of minutes.  They will be remembered and they will be missed...
View Quote

Well said, brother.  Drive on, Drive on!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
First off, I apologize if my message seemed sarcastic.  I think DaveG summed things up well but MickeyMouse just doesn't understand.  Perhaps MickeyMouse should feel it necessary to summon an officer to help him, maybe he should call that old lady down the street who pays my salary instead.  Better yet, call Mumia Abu-Jamal since the value of his life is the same.

What I as a LEO resent, is when those who do not wear a badge think we do it for a paycheck.  
View Quote

Perhaps MickeyMouse should read the title of this forum, and then go to a forum where he is a bit more informed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#31]
edited cuz i'm nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top