Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 3:19:45 PM EDT
Is anyone currently using the Blauer Armorskin system? I've been using the carriers/shirts since March, and the carriers continue to stretch out on the sides. Looks terrible and is only getting worse. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Was looking at buying one. OST.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to have my carrier tailored by a seamstress.  Im not real happy with the way its looking lately. Seems to be losing shape, riding up my neck and looking like a bag of dicks. I do not use the suspension system that they have and actually went back to my normal poly shirts yesterday. Im going back to keeping things simple.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to have my carrier tailored by a seamstress.  Im not real happy with the way its looking lately. Seems to be losing shape, riding up my neck and looking like a bag of dicks. I do not use the suspension system that they have and actually went back to my normal poly shirts yesterday. Im going back to keeping things simple.
View Quote
That's disappointing to hear. I wish I had the option to wear the vest under the shirt and ditch the carriers altogether. Someone mentioned it could be looser due to weight loss (down about 25lbs), but it's only the stretch material on the sides. It's flaring out and looks terrible.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Your opinion may vary. I expect my uniform to look tight and squared 100% of the time even though all I do is traffic stops looking for dope. A lot of other guys on my department wear them, but probably 70% look like they do it out of laziness and dont mind looking like a slob.

Im 6'2" and 190. I had to have the solid panels removed from the sides. All thats left is the stretch panels.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I only wear the short sleeve shirt. I love it. Way cooler than a traditional shirt and cheaper, too. I don't like how long and baggy the sleeves are. Might have to get them tailored.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your opinion may vary. I expect my uniform to look tight and squared 100% of the time even though all I do is traffic stops looking for dope. A lot of other guys on my department wear them, but probably 70% look like they do it out of laziness and dont mind looking like a slob.

Im 6'2" and 190. I had to have the solid panels removed from the sides. All thats left is the stretch panels.
View Quote
Any chance you could send me a picture or two of what your carriers look like now after altering them? I'm 6'1" 210lbs, and almost seem in-between sizes, but that wouldn't explain the stretching. I only work hospital security, but I hate when my uniform looks sloppy. I'm turning in a ton of applications to departments on Monday, and I interact with most of them on a daily basis. I don't want them to see my name on a resume and instantly picture a disheveled uniform.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I only wear the short sleeve shirt. I love it. Way cooler than a traditional shirt and cheaper, too. I don't like how long and baggy the sleeves are. Might have to get them tailored.
View Quote
I agree, the shirts are the one good part of this system. When we started wearing armor, there was about a month gap between when we were still wearing the 5.11 class A's and when we received the Armorskin base layer shirts. The difference is night and day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
They're complete junk. I wore one at my old department for a few years until we got tired of how bad they looked and went with the Point Blank carrier.
The ArmorSkin is the only outside carrier option at my new department. They look like shit, so I just wear under my shirt.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
It took me 3 tries to order one that actually sort of fit.  That was a turn off.  Still doesn't fit right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top