Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2017 3:10:31 PM EDT
My FC want's to get all of our EMS personal Jumpsuits, But I have a problem...

I'm what you would call a large man, 6'3 285lbs....

I went and tried on all the jumpsuits and they had my size (3XL, I like extra room to move) but the length was really short even for the Tall sizes

I don't remember what brand it was (made in the USA) but they wanted $175 for them (WTF  ). 

I need a EMS jumpsuit that has the reflexive materials and that can fit me, I was thinking about trying a 5.11 Jumpsuit but it doesn't have the reflexive material in it.

Can someone help me?!?! Should I get a plain Jumpsuit and add to it??
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have to be a jumpsuit? They suck. Take forever to get into/out of. We are issued lightweight turnout gear that can be worn for anything except structural fire. I.E. we can wear them for medical calls, tech rescue, car wrecks, vehicle fires, etc. Think turnout gear without the liners. Can be had relatively inexpensively.

ETA: Prior to this we were issued jumpsuits. I was 6' 2" and 240 back then, they never had enough length and tended to pull at the crotch when I sretched. I love my LWTG, especially if the other option is a jumpsuit. My EMS side gig issues it too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it have to be a jumpsuit? They suck. Take forever to get into/out of. We are issued lightweight turnout gear that can be worn for anything except structural fire. I.E. we can wear them for medical calls, tech rescue, car wrecks, vehicle fires, etc. Think turnout gear without the liners. Can be had relatively inexpensively.

ETA: Prior to this we were issued jumpsuits. I was 6' 2" and 240 back then, they never had enough length and tended to pull at the crotch when I sretched. I love my LWTG, especially if the other option is a jumpsuit. My EMS side gig issues it too.
View Quote
have a link?

Also what about the price point?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
have a link?

Also what about the price point?
View Quote
I'll have to see if I can find a tag on mine next shift to get a brand. It was issued, so I'm uncertain of the exact price, but when issued the justification was that the price was low enough that saving wear and tear as well as repair costs on structural gear would make it up. EMS issued me globe stuff which was much more expensive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The tecgen is what we are issued. We're a small department (60 guys) so we don't get much of a price break, but I asked and was told we're paying around $550 a set, which is more than I remembered being told. I think I had the price of just the coat in mind. Sorry man.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The tecgen is what we are issued. We're a small department (60 guys) so we don't get much of a price break, but I asked and was told we're paying around $550 a set, which is more than I remembered being told. I think I had the price of just the coat in mind. Sorry man.
View Quote
yeah are department is around 25-30 active members, less for EMS.

For the price point I'm going to have to skip on that, 
I talked with my FC and we are thinking about just going with plain jumpsuits and getting them customized (we have a family friend who does it for really cheap)

Thanks guys for giving us some ideas, If you can think of any more please share
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top