Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 1:26:50 PM EDT
I'm sure it's been talked about and I looked back a few pages.

But I'm looking for current or recent contractors.  I'm eligible to pull the plug in less than 6 mo.  with 20 yrs fed, 5 PD/SO, 6 Army infantry.  That's a combined 31 years experience.  Since I'm not bucking for an ASAC or DC gig I'm very much looking at the exit door.  And I love being in a downrange environment with experience, training, and conditioning to back it. 

But seems as if things are winding down or are they?  Embedded LE advisor seems like the ideal fit for me.

Looking for insight and truth. The who, what, where, and how's

PM if you want to talk off line.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I did it for four years with a company out of VA.  I enjoyed it, had some good times and worked with some good guys, both LE and Mil.

The main reason I went was that I was Infantry back in the 80's, and never got to deploy into a combat zone.  

There are, or were, rather, several companies employing experienced LE for training, advising, and mentoring coalition and "allied", Iraqi/Afghan police/military.  I believe that most of the good contracts are gone now, but you may be able to find something.

I would try to avoid DynCorp if possible, as their hiring standards were lower, they paid less, and I think those guys had to pay for their own plane tickets when going on leave.

Overall I personally really enjoyed it, I got to spend time in Iraq and Afghanistan, work with some  different military units, and act like my old ass could keep up with the 18 YO kids on missions.

My absolute favorite time was my last year advising the AFG NP undercover unit.  I got to work with different ISAF SOF units and see how they did things as well as play with some cool toys.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did it for four years with a company out of VA.  I enjoyed it, had some good times and worked with some good guys, both LE and Mil.

The main reason I went was that I was Infantry back in the 80's, and never got to deploy into a combat zone.  

There are, or were, rather, several companies employing experienced LE for training, advising, and mentoring coalition and "allied", Iraqi/Afghan police/military.  I believe that most of the good contracts are gone now, but you may be able to find something.

I would try to avoid DynCorp if possible, as their hiring standards were lower, they paid less, and I think those guys had to pay for their own plane tickets when going on leave.

Overall I personally really enjoyed it, I got to spend time in Iraq and Afghanistan, work with some  different military units, and act like my old ass could keep up with the 18 YO kids on missions.

My absolute favorite time was my last year advising the AFG NP undercover unit.  I got to work with different ISAF SOF units and see how they did things as well as play with some cool toys.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
View Quote
Wow!  Insightful.  Your the right guy I need to talk to.  I'm wanting to go to AFG.  I'm also former 11B and deployed during GW1.  I won't try to BS, but I enjoy doing stuff like that.  I've TDY to Mexico and Central America for a large fed agency a few times.  DynCorp seems to be the main game still playing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I stumbled onto "fedsys" a few days ago looking myself.
Anyone have any info on them?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
a guy i used to work with just up and went at 12 years....he was a good dude, just wasn't going to go anywhere here. He took a job with company in VA and is over in A-stan now, teaches LE and works out all the time, thats about it his life...something i would have been interested in, but not with a young boy and wife now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top